Mac - Maleficent (May 15, 2014)

Ajigglin

I missed VV so I wouldn't mind repromotes. I will come out of my 2014 self-imposed MAC moratorium for this.

misfitted

Craaaaaaaaaap! *shakes head* I've barely gotten through this year's collections, now I'm trying to plan for summer 2014 lol!

KrystalAnne

I've barely gotten through this year's collections, now I'm trying to plan for summer 2014 lol!
Well, at least knowing about the future collections allows you to decide whether you really need something or not with hopes of saving for the later collections. Or you could just buy it all.

ARmakeupjunkie

I loved VV and love everything I got from that collection! Loved the packaging too! I really don't remember the release being crazy. Anyway, I think this collection will be just as exciting.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I loved VV and love everything I got from that collection! Loved the packaging too! I really don't remember the release being crazy. Anyway, I think this collection will be just as exciting.
I don't know how it was in the US, but over here it was insane.
thud.gif
Some items weren't available at all online, like Briar Rose.

Vandekamp

I'm convinced now that MAC wants ALL of our disposable income. Note to self: buy some stock in Estée Lauder ASAP. I hope they have some bold and unique colors. I like to see a cross between Flat Out Fabulous and HEROINE. That will be awesome or Rebel and FOF.

Beautybuyer

I'm convinced now that MAC wants ALL of our disposable income. Note to self: buy some stock in Estée Lauder ASAP. I hope they have some bold and unique colors. I like to see a cross between Flat Out Fabulous and HEROINE. That will be awesome or Rebel and FOF.
Disposable? They want it all lol

aradhana

I think people said this already...but looks like a lot if repromotes....could be ok if you happened to miss something you really wanted. The blush looks like a possibility for me - I didn't pick up any from VV.

sss215

I'm here for all it! Maleficent is the scariest of the Disney villains, my favorite and it's pretty badass that she turns into a dragon. When I was little, Sleeping Beauty was scary, lol. Rick Baker did the makeup, and I liked his work with MAC so far. I'm sure its all going to be good!
[COLOR=CC99FF]Personally, I see a lot of purple, red, green and black.  I would love a grape colored eyeshadow, a blackened red eyeshadow, a red lipstick with purple shimmer, a red lipglass with green shimmer (though that might work better for the Evil Queen) a black pigment with a ton of red and purple shimmer (not subtle like the other black pigments) a purple blush...I could come up with so many ideas.[/COLOR]
Maleficent wears a red lip. So I would love to see some variation of that. Something red with coral undertones. MAC does red so much that it's not going to be new, new; but just something cute with the collection. That's all I'm asking for.
I love Angelina Jolie! Maleficent screams vampy, sexy, exotic, naughty goddess. I hope the colors are representative of that and the packaging!
Yasssss!
I missed VV so I wouldn't mind repromotes. I will come out of my 2014 self-imposed MAC moratorium for this.
Almost all of the lip products from Maleficent's segment of VV are perm or have been re-promoted. Dark Deed and Revenge is Sweet were re promoted already (and showed up at the CCO) and Violetta is perm. Wrong spell was before the deep lip trend, so it wasn't as popular and ended up at the CCO also. All the lipsticks need to be new this time around IMO. The MES were similar to some other Mineralize shadows as well. I hope this collection goes the more natural route in some ways because the movie is suppose to be about Maleficent's rise to evil, since apparently she wasn't always that way. I still want drama, but I would love to see the contrast of the transition in the makeup.

aradhana

No product pictures has been released yet as far as I'm aware, are you looking at the VV products?
Ah, just went back and reread the earlier posts in this thread. I misread the one with the pics of the old collection from vv. Oh well...guess it was too good to be true that I could skip most of the collection! ;)

steaminghot

I'm soon going to log off this site for like 3 months. All of you enablers on here have me believing I need everything in all these collections. I going to have to get another job just to support this make up addiction. Just when I think I'm done they pull me right back in. Now let us all bow are heads and say a prayer for all of our wallets, debit cards and credits cards and that Mac shall have mercy on our incomes. Smh

shontay07108

I cannot wait. Maleficent is my favorite Disney character ever and I love Angelina Jolie. I hope the collection isn't so purple heavy, though. I know that's associated with the character and you girlies love your purples, but I hope there's just a bit of a surprise in there. Either way, I'm getting something.

Latest posts