MAC - Mineralize Powder Foundation Discussion

MAC_Whore

Re: MAC Mineralize Powder Foundation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
what brush you use to apply the natural msf???

I use the 182 buffer brush. I am looking for a med coverage.

For a lighter coverage, you could use the 187, 134 or 150. To contour, the 109 or 168 work well.

thewickedstyle

Re: MAC Mineralize Powder Foundation Discussion

I use a Kabuki for my MSF, and I asked for a 182 for Xmas. Also would love to try the new flat topped buffer that's out with Of Beauty.

Totally agree with MacWhore, the MSFs are so buildable and provide great coverage. All I usually need is to even out my skintone (super pink/red cheeks and redness around nose) and it does the trick every time. Also, I break out from *everything* and it doesn't bother me. A little Fix+ on top and I'm good to go.

I've long wanted to try a real mineral foundation but I'm wary because I'm so dry. MSFs have been great. I'll definately give the new one a try... can't hurt to see how it is. So many great things have come out lately... maybe it will be a hit too.

newagetomatoz

I really want to try them but I am beyond pale, to the point where I have to add a white toner to all my foundations, which are the lightest shade each brand makes. So that makes me a little wary about buying it if it will only be used for the few months in the summer when I become *tan,* or actually hit the lightest shade. But maybe MAC will have a shade light enough for me! I'm excited either way!

bebs

I would love this.. but hopefully its not going to be the puff thats attached to the top of the lose product.

I love be and the coverage it gives me and all that, but I have to use something as a thin sheet between my bare skin and the foundation because other wise it will cause me to itch like crazy and I hate the feeling but the msf natural had the same effect to (I use the pro invisible or porcelain as the product under it to create the sheet between the two)

I also dont see it as drying my skin out or any problem with me, I just hope that they get what makes it itchy out! so mac.. plllease make it something like be.. just without that product.. and no sponge applyer attached

GreekChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Agreed.

I have a theory about the whole LE thing. We, the consumer, are basically doing MAC's test marketing. Rather than pay focus groups to examine the product and all that BS, they just give it to us.

If the LE product is shitty, than it sells out or languishes in CCOs and is just a blip on the radar.

If the product is a hit and they make it permanent, we all feel so good that MAC was listening to us.

Granted, the "trend" thing does require pumping out masses of new product, but really the LE thing is a win-win for MAC.

You hit the nail on the head!

mollyv6

Maybe I missed it somewhere but when did MAC decide to discontinue the MSF natural and will it be all the colors or just Medium?

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyv6
Maybe I missed it somewhere but when did MAC decide to discontinue the MSF natural and will it be all the colors or just Medium?

They recently have removed MSF natural in medium from the website. Several of us have emailed MAC and MAC says it has been discontinued, but then recently one of our MA members got a memo at her counter stating that it is long term out of stock. Meaning it's most likely an issue with ingredients or manufacturing. Sooo....we wait.
ssad.gif

There has been no talk of discontinuing the whole MSF range.

lethaldesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebs
I would love this.. but hopefully its not going to be the puff thats attached to the top of the lose product.

I love be and the coverage it gives me and all that, but I have to use something as a thin sheet between my bare skin and the foundation because other wise it will cause me to itch like crazy and I hate the feeling but the msf natural had the same effect to (I use the pro invisible or porcelain as the product under it to create the sheet between the two)

I also dont see it as drying my skin out or any problem with me, I just hope that they get what makes it itchy out! so mac.. plllease make it something like be.. just without that product.. and no sponge applyer attached

I'm not sure if the MSF Naturals have Bismuth in them, but I know BE does &many people have problems with it due to this ingredient. If you like the coverage of mineral makeup, try a MMU brand that doesn't use Bismuth. I personally love Everyday Minerals, Alima, and Monave. But the MMU forum has links to tons of different brands.

I really hope this MAC MMU doesn't have bismuth in it!!

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethaldesign
I'm not sure if the MSF Naturals have Bismuth in them, but I know BE does &many people have problems with it due to this ingredient. If you like the coverage of mineral makeup, try a MMU brand that doesn't use Bismuth. I personally love Everyday Minerals, Alima, and Monave. But the MMU forum has links to tons of different brands.

I really hope this MAC MMU doesn't have bismuth in it!!

I think bismuth is listed as a "may contain" ingredient in the MSF Naturals. They also have jojoba. My uber-sensitive rosacea skin broke out from them.
ssad.gif
Needless to say I don't know exactly why, but I suspect 1 of those 2 since I know I can't tolerate either of them. I really loved the finish! Looking forward to seeing what the new MAC MMU will look like...and what will be in it!

greatscott2000

maybe they will be more specific. for example you NSF in NW40, or C8 or something.
Sorry to go off on a tangent but I think the N,C and W ranges worked better for my skin than the NW, NC stuff that they rolled out a few years ago.

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brana
you say you use, mineralize satinfinish? are you satisfied, do you use the same color as others mac's products. I use NC25, but I see that MSF in nc 25 is a slightly yellow.

i just saw this post - so sorry! i quite like this foundation, it's a nice low coverage one.

i do use the same colour as my other foundations - i'm an NC15. if i go for anything darker i usually have to lighten it and tone it down by mixing it with NW15 select cover up.

MAC_Whore: you are so right about us being their test market. i just think that when it comes to staple items (like foundation), it's a bit unfair to the product.

Most people have to search high and low to find the perfect staples for them. to make something like this LE means that a lot of people (who are not make up obsessed, that is) may not even bother to try it.

noahlowryfan

i can't wait for it to come out. this comes out 2 days after my birthday.

TheNaturalLook

Hi,

I'm new here and this is my first post. I just purchased MSF Natural and I love it.

So when is the release date for the powder foundation.

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNaturalLook
Hi,

I'm new here and this is my first post. I just purchased MSF Natural and I love it.

So when is the release date for the powder foundation.

February 13

erine1881

update, update!

-these are called mineralize spf15 foundation loose.

-they come out feb 7 at stores/nordstrom, and feb 14 everywhere else.

-they are a medium-buildable coverage depending on the brush you use. #150=medium, #190/#191=fuller

-you can change the finish. originally natural/natural matte. the more you buff, the more satin-y the finish becomes.

-it come with a sponge-top applicator, called the "capplicator". it is a sock- covered latex sponge (same as sponges sold at mac) applicator. 2 replacement socks come with the foundation. the socks apply and blend foundation in to the skin softer and smoother. DO NOT use the capplicator sponge without the sock. it gets dirty and cannot be replaced.

-it is a long-wearing foundation (6 hours)

-it contains wheat germ and vitamin e, which is makes it ideal for dry skin. it has been posted that BE is not liked among the dry skin population. this is the opposite. it doesn't cake onto dry flakes.

-both uva and uvb protection

it is LE at partnered locations, but permanent at mac stores. the shades are:

light - neutral pale ivory (permanent internationally only)
light medium - neutral light beige
medium - beige
medium plus - tan beige
medium dark - rich tan
medium deep - deep golden orange tan
dark - caramel
deep dark - deep caramel
deeper dark - milk chocolate

-these tend to run darker than the MSFNs

$29

QTAllStarGurl

YAY for being perm. at stores!!! lol I was considering passing on these just b/c it was LE and I didn't want to fall in love with an LE foundation but now I will be adding this to my crazy list!! I'm a happy camper now thanks for the update erine!!!!

mariecinder

$29? And here I thought this would be a good relpacement for my BE...drat.

liv

So the lightest shade isn't even going to be available in Pro stores, much less the counters, in the US after it launches? Pass. There are pale women that live here, too, MAC! (ahem)

Jacq-i

YAY!! I am relieved that it'll be permanent in MAC Stores.

The coverage sounds dreamy, and I won't have 'swirl, tap, buff' stuck in my head.
winks.gif