MAC Mineralize Rich Lipstick Collection (March 2013)

lilinah

I thought "Rich" in the name of the collection implied that it was moisturizing, but i could be wrong about that.

I'd also gotten the impression - perhaps wrongly - from some photos we've seen that this collection had a lot of natural / neutral colors in it. I've got enough of those kinds of colors, although if the formula is nice, i'm sure i can cave on another one or two.

I don't hate the Sheen Supreme lipsticks, i have a couple and i'm considering one or two more, but i'm not jumping up and down over them. So if this is like them i won't be picking up mass quantities. Of the Sheen Supremes i have, Asian Flower, "creamy lavender", turns fuchsia on me, and Blossom Culture, "soft pink with pearl", turns orange-y, but at least it's a nice wearable coral-peach and not bright tangerine which would be horrible. Looking back at my comments, given that BOTH change colors on me, maybe i shouldn't consider getting any more Sheen Supremes... I don't have this problem with any other MAC lip products.

ChosenOne

Thank you, martiangurll. I will have to wait and see. I need more info on these. I don't like greasy, messy tubes of lipsticks. I'm hoping these will be an updated, better formula and if it's gel like, maybe just maybe, good coverage, non sticky and not too sheer. I'm not a fan of sheer.
iagree.gif
If I want sheer color, I'll just toss on a gloss. Lipstick is for COLOR! Glaze is my least favorite lipstick finish, hands down, followed by lustres (though I make an exception there for VG5). Very curious about this collection and how the mineralized lip formula will be different from other MAC lippies.

singer82

I'm excited for some softer colors! They were my first love. I didn't really get into bolder colors till later.

iATEaSEAmonster

iagree.gif
If I want sheer color, I'll just toss on a gloss. Lipstick is for COLOR! Glaze is my least favorite lipstick finish, hands down, followed by lustres (though I make an exception there for VG5). Very curious about this collection and how the mineralized lip formula will be different from other MAC lippies.
Exactly! Whenever I buy a sheer lipstick, I end up putting on 6 to 8 layers in vain.
amuse.gif
I love pigmented formulas, as they're usually less dupable and I could easily tone it down if the color is too bright. Can't exactly "tone down" something that's sheer to begin with.

ChosenOne

Exactly! Whenever I buy a sheer lipstick, I end up putting on 6 to 8 layers in vain.
amuse.gif
I love pigmented formulas, as they're usually less dupable and I could easily tone it down if the color is too bright. Can't exactly "tone down" something that's sheer to begin with.
iagree.gif
This is why amplified finishes are generally my favorite!

erine1881

Found this in chic profile
dfcb9216_image.jpeg
Sorry if we've seen it before. Looks like the lid shape matches the mineralize concealers.

Mac-Guy

.. time fore a new thread.
flower.gif

Please give proper credit to Specktra when you get your information from here. Don't steal :)

Mineralize Rich Lipstick March 7

North America/United Kingdom/Australia/New Zealand
Mineralize Rich Lipstick 22.00 US/26.00 CAD
Style Surge - Neutral coral cream
Luxe Naturale - Light beige cream
Glamour Era - Mid-tone warm brown frost
Posh Tone - Soft warm nude cream
Lady At Play - Mid-tone cool tangerine
Lush Life - Deep cool plum
Dreaminess - Soft cool pink cream
Grande Dame - Mid-tone neutral rose cream
All Out Gorgeous - Deep warm red
Everyday Diva - True red cream
Elegant Accent - Mid-tone warm rose cream
Divine Choice - Mid-tone cool pink cream

North and South Asia

Ultraprecious - Soft peach cream
Utterly Delicious - Bright coral cream
Red Coquette - Vivid bright bluish red
Strikingly Fabulous - Mid-tone warm bright pink
Smart & Sweet - Soft coral cream
Ladies Who Lunch - Light cool pink cream

Europe/ South Africa

Splurge - Mid-tone cool tangerine

Middle East/India

Latin America

princess sarah

I am interested to see what this formula is like and the colours. Even though I normally go for mattes and brights I still like to try new formulas

jennyap

My initial list:

Splurge - Mid-tone cool tangerine OR Lady At Play - Mid-tone cool tangerine - wonder what the difference is between these two?

I like the sound of Grand Dame but Europe isn't getting that one. I'll probably limit myself to 2 or 3 in reality unless they're amazing.

liba

ouch, they're pretty pricey
amazed.gif
They better be super nourishing on the lips, plus have great color and texture for those $$.

Style Surge - Neutral coral cream Luxe Naturale - Light beige cream Glamour Era - Mid-tone warm brown frost Posh Tone - Soft warm nude cream……………………..one or two of these, I think the idea is to find the best nude out of the bunch for the individual needs. Lady At Play - Mid-tone cool tangerine ……for sure! Lush Life - Deep cool plum…..probable Grande Dame - Mid-tone neutral rose cream Elegant Accent - Mid-tone warm rose cream …….one of these, which ever looks best No cool pinks or reds for me (I'd only have wanted the blue red Asia-only one) Thank you again to Mac-Guy & secret super spy!!

Mac-Guy

amazed.gif
They better be super nourishing on the lips, plus have great color and texture for those $$.

Style Surge - Neutral coral cream Luxe Naturale - Light beige cream Glamour Era - Mid-tone warm brown frost Posh Tone - Soft warm nude cream……………………..one or two of these, I think the idea is to find the best nude out of the bunch for the individual needs. Lady At Play - Mid-tone cool tangerine ……for sure! Lush Life - Deep cool plum…..probable Grande Dame - Mid-tone neutral rose cream Elegant Accent - Mid-tone warm rose cream …….one of these, which ever looks best No cool pinks or reds for me (I'd only have wanted the blue red Asia-only one) Thank you again to Mac-Guy & secret super spy!!

We are definitely reaching high end prices now.

princess sarah

I dont even look at the prices, I would love the USA pricing!!

Over in Australia we are already looking at probably $42 for these

Jol0

Is there a point where MAC will stop raising their prices? Or I guess as long as business is booming they can do whatever they want

ChosenOne

amazed.gif
AGREED!!! I did not expect a price hike that high for these! This is definitely a collection that I'll only get one thing from to start. If I decide it was worth almost a 50% increase in price, then I'll consider getting more. Thankfully there are a few colors here that sound lovely for me, so when I go to the store the day this releases, I won't be scrambling to get one specific color.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Yay, thanks for the info, MAC-Guy!!! Oh, I hate the fact that Europe gets different colors,
angry.gif
I already see that the one I like most from the description is only available in the US. Womp, womp. Will have to get a CP. There are around 6 shades I'm interested in, but considering the price I won't get that many, of course. Hopefully it will be easy to decide which one(s) I want.

lyseD

$26!!! Pass. If I love a colour my wonderful MA can help me find something from the permanent range.

Latest posts