MAC Mineralize Rich Lipstick Collection (March 2013)

erine1881

Is there a point where MAC will stop raising their prices? Or I guess as long as business is booming they can do whatever they want
It'll keep going up every year. And with new formulas they'll start with a higher price, especially with mineral products (new foundation and these lips).
Update: Pro discount will not apply to this collection!
Good thing it was a skip from the beginning for me!

kimbunney

But doesn't the price increase stop at some point at this rate regular lipsticks will hit 20 sometime soon? Is that okay?

iATEaSEAmonster

Unless the formula is absolutely wonderful, feeling nice but also being very pigmented, then I'm skipping this collection. :/ I thought maybe the colors would be more complex and multi-faceted, like the MSF's.

Audrey C

Being bigger isn't an advantage to me since I rarely finish lippies at this point. When I only had five or six they were turned over every year or so. I bought over 20 last year. I'm sure some will be BTM'd before they're done.

OctoberViolet

There must be something wrong with me. I'm really not that into these lipstick shades at all. The only one catching my eye is Lush Life - Deep cool plum & I can probably skip it due to LW, Heroine and the Metallic purple lipsticks coming out. Money saved.

liba

They are bigger than the regular lipsticks and the packaging is much fancier, including magnetic closure for the lid.
The main thing that keeps me interested is how extremely impressed I was last year with the Mineralize eye cream, as well as the Charged Water cleanser and some of the new Lightful products - these were all extremely advanced products, using cutting edge tech that you normally would only find in boutique lines at twice the price.

If MAC is rolling more of that high end skincare tech into these lipsticks, they should be worth the price. I'm looking forward to an ingredients list and pretty much expect to see big time hydrating and plumping/firming/smoothing bells and whistles. If they're in there, then they'd actually be a pretty good deal, considering what Guerlaine and Chantecaille costs. I think the mid-range cosmetics industry is pretty much an extinct creature, the way things are going, anyhow.
ssad.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
[COLOR=6633CC]There must be something wrong with me. I'm really not that into these lipstick shades at all. The only one catching my eye is Lush Life - Deep cool plum & I can probably skip it due to LW, Heroine and the Metallic purple lipsticks coming out. Money saved.[/COLOR]
Same one I was thinking of. This would have been a nice opportunity for Mac to step back from their unapologetic screwing of Canadian customers by making the prices closer. I'll be curious to see what the ingredients are, but to my mind, Mac would have to do some serious formula improvements to get to the level of others (Nars, Laura Mercier) in the price range. More munniez for Nudes and Metals!

ForeverJenn

Maybe 1, if I get anything at all... The price is not doing it for me , especially when there's so many things I want in April :D

E-Marie

... time fore a new thread.
flower.gif

Please give proper credit to Specktra when you get your information from here. Don't steal :)

Mineralize Rich Lipstick March 7

North America/United Kingdom/Australia/New Zealand
Mineralize Rich Lipstick 22.00 US/26.00 CAD
Style Surge - Neutral coral cream
Luxe Naturale - Light beige cream
Posh Tone - Soft warm nude cream
Dreaminess - Soft cool pink cream
Grande Dame - Mid-tone neutral rose cream
Elegant Accent - Mid-tone warm rose cream
Divine Choice - Mid-tone cool pink cream
I'm interested in these colors and would love to see swatches before I make any decisions.

lilinah

Even some US drug store lines are up to around $10 per lipstick. The prices of most cosmetics are just going up.

I'll have to see these and test them before i know if i want any. The colors are mostly good everyday type colors, so the formula better feel really good. At $22/each, i can't see getting more than two at the very most, and maybe only one or none.

tattletale

they are perm!!!! omg they felt like butter!!! very moisturizing and very opaque i love the color selection!!!! they are also a bit bigger than normal lipsticks the tops have a magnetic closure to help keep them moist!! they have more of an hour glass shape to them as well