MAC - Naturally Discussion

luvlydee

ok so i finally made up my mind and im getting

-fresh honey MB
-Beach Sand LS (if it ends up being the nude i always wanted i hope itll still be available by the time i decide to get a back-up)
-Pillow Talk LS (same as Beach Sand if it ends up being a great nude hopefully it wont be sold it)

I doubt the lipsticks will be sold out so quick since it seems not a lot of people are talkin about it so maybe I will be able to back them up if anything.

purplerinne

yes it's still 4. That part is right

Nubile p/p is the perfect base for all these MES. It is an amazing nude p/p and the sheen makes any MES stick to it - much better than Painterly. I really hope that Nubile will become permanent as it is one outstanding product that merits perm status.
I have NEVER backed up any creamy product but I've made a serious dent on Nubile and it's still online so i had to get it. I put this one in the fridge right?

Mac-Guy

LOL I'm going to find out the page number this chart is on so your store will know HAHA I think it was last year MAC made it REALLY specific on what we can B2M. Before, I was able to B2M for cremesheen glass bc it was a lip product...then mac came out with this chart and said cremesheen glass was not part of the program...it was a sad day for me hahaha
I have NEVER backed up any creamy product but I've made a serious dent on Nubile and it's still online so i had to get it. I put this one in the fridge right?
Yup, I put all my p/p in use as well as my BU's in the fridge. You want to keep these babies fresh.

I'm also surprised how fast I go through Nubile, but it's so perfect for a wide range of e/s and MES, thus I shouldn't be too amazed that it goes so fast.

VampOwl

can anybody compare fleshpot with a perfect day? i wanna know if i want it
From looking at swatches, I believe Fleshpot is more comparable to Sweet Sunrise (but pinker and less opaque). A Perfect Day seems rosier and darker. I like pale nudes and Fleshpot is one of my favorites so I'm definitely going to get Sweet Sunrise!

Haven

awesome! it's great to have a well rounded collection out! :)

Yes it is! If you like mineralized products and a more natural look, then this collection is amazing.

Just a wear update.... I have been wearing FH with redhead highlight on my cheeks all day, and I see only minimal fading. I am also wearing TF and Daylight and have experienced minimal fading and no creasing - similar to fading with non-MES. Nothing major. It is just noticable to me b/c I am analyzing it. Finally I wore flamingo on my lips. Love this color.

I am not sure why Christine seems to experience so much fading and fallout with MES. I have only had a little of both with this current collection.

Copperhead

This is how I got started on backup madness. I dropped one of the best MSF for me (Global Glow) the very day I bought it and had a hard time finding another. Eventually I bought one on Ebay. But this is my fear, not that I will use up products, but that I will drop and break them hence the backup mania.

Anyway, I used some of the products today. Daylight MES. I never would have thought to combine peach with a lilac color but it works. Nubile Paint pot on lid, Daylight peachy color on lid, Daylight lilac color in the crease, Howzat in the outer V, Vex to highlight, Avenue liner, Subtle Breeze blush and Outrage lipglass.

Subtle Breeze is a very nice pink for my skin tone. I used the 165 brush. I think this was one that Mac Guy recommended and it worked well. But now I'm wondering if it is close to Pet Me which is another pink that I own. I think Pet Me is lighter though. Seems like I had to work harder to get Pet Me to show up on me. This one is more pigmented.

I really like the peach and lilac together but next time I think I would use another color base to get the peach to show up more, maybe Bamboom Paint or Coral Crepe paint pot.

I agree. I found that out when I wore Coral Crepe PP with Memorabilia e/s. Not really peach and lilac but still in the color family.

internetchick

I decided not to try and order online. With it being so soon after the holidays I doubt we will get any sort of fast free shipping codes, and their regular shipping means a nearly 2 week wait. I went to my counter today and they are holding everything on my list for me. I pick it up Thursday and can't wait!

GreigeClarity

You're very lucky you can go to a counter - I wish I could! If I had the option, that's what I would be doing instead of ordering online!

I decided not to try and order online. With it being so soon after the holidays I doubt we will get any sort of fast free shipping codes, and their regular shipping means a nearly 2 week wait. I went to my counter today and they are holding everything on my list for me. I pick it up Thursday and can't wait!

Rinstar

That's one of the reasons why I like to BU MSF's and MB's. They just break so fast.

I have dropped and broken my Redhead twice. I repaired it with alcohol, but obviously the lovely stripes of color are ruined. It looks like a hot mess in the pan, but still looks amazing on!

internetchick

I would prefer online only because the counter is nearly half an hour from me, but I had to run errands that way anyway so I stopped in. If I could get free two day shipping I would have ordered at home in my jammies lol.

GreigeClarity

Wouldn't it be great if we could do everything from the comfort of home in our jammies? LOL

My nearest counter or pro store is 2 hours away - 3 if traffic into the city is particularly bad, or if there are weather issues (yay snow!).

I'm hoping to be surprised and wake up to see the collection posted tomorrow morning. I'll be paying for the express shipping...I am NOT a patient person at all!
greengrin.gif

I would prefer online only because the counter is nearly half an hour from me, but I had to run errands that way anyway so I stopped in. If I could get free two day shipping I would have ordered at home in my jammies lol.

GreigeClarity

The dome of my Jade's Fortune cracked and split off a few weeks ago and I saved the chunk that came off...I'm wondering if I'll be able to repair it somewhat this way? Thoughts?

I have dropped and broken my Redhead twice. I repaired it with alcohol, but obviously the lovely stripes of color are ruined. It looks like a hot mess in the pan, but still looks amazing on!

Rinstar

It's worth a try Greige! I pour some alcohol into the pan until it makes a paste-like substance. Then I leave the lid open for the product to dry. Depending on the product, you can try to repress it as well, but I didn't do that with my MSF.

PixieDancer

If you can't repair it, I think JF is still available on the MAC website. At least it was last time I checked on the US site. Good Luck fixing it! That is so upsetting when it happens! One of the real downfalls to Mineralized products specifically!

katred

Specktra Bestie

I keep getting worried that I'll shut off my brain and end up with these two, despite the fact that I have trouble with MES. The just look so darn pretty...

Face2Mac

I find that for me, that the more MAC twirls the MES and make it look all pretty, the more fallout and sheer it will be. The only MES I mess with are the ones like Sea n Sky (two sided color) or the triple with the glittery zipper like Interview.