MAC - Naturally Discussion

Icecaramellatte

I am getting:
Redhead MSF (replacement for my original which got dropped and destroyed)
Daylight and In the Sun MES

This is how I got started on backup madness. I dropped one of the best MSF for me (Global Glow) the very day I bought it and had a hard time finding another. Eventually I bought one on Ebay. But this is my fear, not that I will use up products, but that I will drop and break them hence the backup mania.

Anyway, I used some of the products today. Daylight MES. I never would have thought to combine peach with a lilac color but it works. Nubile Paint pot on lid, Daylight peachy color on lid, Daylight lilac color in the crease, Howzat in the outer V, Vex to highlight, Avenue liner, Subtle Breeze blush and Outrage lipglass.

Subtle Breeze is a very nice pink for my skin tone. I used the 165 brush. I think this was one that Mac Guy recommended and it worked well. But now I'm wondering if it is close to Pet Me which is another pink that I own. I think Pet Me is lighter though. Seems like I had to work harder to get Pet Me to show up on me. This one is more pigmented.

I really like the peach and lilac together but next time I think I would use another color base to get the peach to show up more, maybe Bamboom Paint or Coral Crepe paint pot.

Haven

I went to the pro store today to get my Naturally products. Everything is as great as it looks in the reviews, blogs, etc.

I ended up with all the MES, redhead, FH, EM, pillow talk, perfect day, and 286. Everything is amazing! Off to play!

elegant-one

I went to the pro store today to get my Naturally products. Everything is as great as it looks in the reviews, blogs, etc.

I ended up with all the MES, redhead, FH, EM, pillow talk, perfect day, and 286. Everything is amazing! Off to play!

Details!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
greengrin.gif

Mac-Guy

Thank you all for your swatches, links and good advice. I don't normally buy anything from these "natural" shades January collections but I am going to pick up a few things from this one. My list is small but I think everything will get some well deserved love.

I am getting:
Redhead MSF (replacement for my original which got dropped and destroyed)
Daylight and In the Sun MES

Skipping the blushes because I just bought 2 of the new liquid ones from Clarins (the pink and the coral). These things are da bomb! Plus I have several samples to try in similar shades from various indie mmu companies.

Any thoughts on whether this and IA will go up on the website over the weekend?
That's one of the reasons why I like to BU MSF's and MB's. They just break so fast.

Mac-Guy

This is how I got started on backup madness. I dropped one of the best MSF for me (Global Glow) the very day I bought it and had a hard time finding another. Eventually I bought one on Ebay. But this is my fear, not that I will use up products, but that I will drop and break them hence the backup mania.

Anyway, I used some of the products today. Daylight MES. I never would have thought to combine peach with a lilac color but it works. Nubile Paint pot on lid, Daylight peachy color on lid, Daylight lilac color in the crease, Howzat in the outer V, Vex to highlight, Avenue liner, Subtle Breeze blush and Outrage lipglass.

Subtle Breeze is a very nice pink for my skin tone. I used the 165 brush. I think this was one that Mac Guy recommended and it worked well. But now I'm wondering if it is close to Pet Me which is another pink that I own. I think Pet Me is lighter though. Seems like I had to work harder to get Pet Me to show up on me. This one is more pigmented.

I really like the peach and lilac together but next time I think I would use another color base to get the peach to show up more, maybe Bamboom Paint or Coral Crepe paint pot.
Nubile p/p is the perfect base for all these MES. It is an amazing nude p/p and the sheen makes any MES stick to it - much better than Painterly. I really hope that Nubile will become permanent as it is one outstanding product that merits perm status.

Mac-Guy

Thanks, hun. The 165 is the bomb for Subtle Breeze. I absolutely love this brush for this particular MB.
flower.gif

Re Pet Me vs. SB: the former one is more yellow-based whereas the latter one is more blue-based. One or the other might show up more on your skin depending on your complexion. However, I think they are still different enough to justify having both in your stash.

UrbanSweetheart

Nubile p/p is the perfect base for all these MES. It is an amazing nude p/p and the sheen makes any MES stick to it - much better than Painterly. I really hope that Nubile will become permanent as it is one outstanding product that merits perm status.

you were the reason I bought Nubile, and I can't thank you enough! *hugs*
heart.gif

missah

Subtle Breeze or Early Morning?
Thats the question I still can't solve.
I'm definitely getting Fresh Honey though.

internetchick

THIS!

missah

I throw in my towel. I can't do this anymore. I cant keep thinking about this.
My list is:
-Early Morning
-Fresh Honey
-A perfect day
I might pick up Subtle Breeze later. Redhead is tempting me now but I LOVE my SP pearl so I'm not likely to change my preference.. I dont want to get a product I wont use. I hope I dont regret it though ><"
I'm skipping the MES... hopefully ><"
And I gotta buy some more stuff so I cant spend too much on this collection.
-Nubile
-Hocus Pocus b/u
-Parisian skies
-Juxt
Plus theres the Iris collection...

LMD84

mac need to completely re-do the perm line of paint pots in my opinion!