MAC - Naturally Discussion

PixieDancer

Do you have the first one? If so, you probably don't NEED both... but that never stopped me! HeeHee The first one leans more warm and the second more cool... if that helps at all. With my NC30/35 skintone I seem to favor the first Naked. Although, I like that the Naked2 has a matte black.

purplerinne

At any freestanding store you can B2M for a gloss, lipstick, or eyeshadow =) It's in their update book in the back part...it even says what kind of finishes you can get haha like lustreglass yes...cremesheen glass no.

that chart should be memorized by every MUA at mac...i don't even work there and i know lol

PixieDancer

Good info to know!
Doesn't AT ALL surprise me to find out that ANYONE knows more than some of the MUA's at MAC. I guess all the different store types and limited collections must make things kind of confusing. But if it was my job to know... I would know! HeeHee
Thanks purplerinne... I'll quote you at my next B2M encounter!

sherm

Thanks for the info on MBs, everyone! I won't make any final decisions until I swatch but it's good to know that despite being lighter they last a long time.

ladyarwen

OK, since the blushes have snuck up on me, I'll add one to my list. So right now, I'm standing at A Perfect Day, Blonde, and Early Morning. I refuse to add anymore. XD

princess sarah

we are miles behind with everything atm :( We will get this end of Jan / Feb I would say

So glad mine was posted from Canada today... too impatient to wait

Nope. I wish I could but we're not getting the collection in Australia for awhile :(

I ended up with Fresh Honey blush, im excited to try something new and experimenting with such a different colour to my usual pink blushes. 286 and blonde MSF will be all for me on this collection

missah

Okay someone help me!!! Which two MBs should I get from this collection? I'm tempted by all three but do I really need them all since:
1. The wear isnt good enough
2. They might not be that unique.

I'm also questioning if I should get an MES. If I could only get ONE which should it be?

Please help!!!
I'm NC25/NW20 with brown hair+eyes. I'm a neutral with leanings towards the warmer side.

princess sarah

Im NW20 and got Fresh Honey just to try something different

Okay someone help me!!! Which two MBs should I get from this collection? I'm tempted by all three but do I really need them all since:
1. The wear isnt good enough
2. They might not be that unique.

I'm also questioning if I should get an MES. If I could only get ONE which should it be?

Please help!!!
I'm NC25/NW20 with brown hair+eyes. I'm a neutral with leanings towards the warmer side.

singer82

Welp after the Allura vids I decided to get at least Daylight mes, its so damn pretty! But that could also be my purple obsession lol. I might get Summer Haze and/or Cloudy Afternoon, but I'm still deciding . I love her videos, shes closer to my skintone and I love how she swaches in action with the brush.

I might get Sweet Sunrise l/s. But I'm prob just going to get a backup of Restrict since I finally found my HG nude!

bis

Just back from the Pro store.  I really wanted to go yesterday but I was under the weather.  I was so scared that everything would be sold out.  It was really hard checking out all these collections at once.  I haven't been in a Mac store since before the holidays.  I bought:
  • all 3 blushes
  • all of the MES - I thought anyway.  I just realized I didn't get Cloudy Afternoon.  Either the MA forgot or I didn't write it down on the list.  I may have to order this one.  :shock:
  • Pillow Talk lipstick
  • Hot Spell lipgloss
I already have the MSF.  The other lipsticks looked too light and other lipglasses looked like colors I already had in some form or another.  I have quite a few light pink and peach lip glasses I don't use. I just realized I didn't swatch anything except Pillow Talk.  I'm an MES lover so I knew I would get all of them.  In fact, I threw Frozen Blue in as well.  I was tempted to get Fresh Ice to finish my Glitter & Ice MES collection.  Maybe next time.  The blushes all looked like colors I didn't have (I don't think anyway). Plus, I've really good at following my blush ban (sort of).  I haven't bought a Mac blush in a while anyway.  I only swatched Pillow Talk on my hand.  I was going to ask the MA to clean it but they were really short staffed.  I would have been waiting forever.  Plus, I kept thinking about germs so I figured I'd just get it.  It reminded me of Creme Cerise which is the best nude for me.  Hopefully it will work. Oh, after leaving the store to go to the regular Mac store to get Narcissus, I remembered about the #286 brush.  So back I went! I can't believe I forgot about it.  Well, it wasn't on the display so I had to ask for it but I got it!  :eyelove: BTW I tried to buy another # 211 but they didn't have it.  I see it on the Mac site but it doesn't say limited edition.  Does anyone know if this brush is limited edition?
Enjoy your goodies! I tried to buy a second 211 brush a while ago and the store did not have it either, so maybe they were out and did not get another shipment? The MA told me it is a permanent brush and the same happened when he Superslick liner became perm, they took their sweet time restocking them.
I just called the nearest pro store.  They are holding my naturally products through close tomorrow, and they said that I could B2M any of the lippies from this collection or IA.  Amazing how different the policies are from store to store.  I should have just started at the pro store to begin with. Yeah I will have my products tomorrow!!
Glad you could sort it out so easily, I just wish that all MAC counters/stores would use the same policy.

VampOwl

After looking at all of the swatches, I have narrowed down my list:

Redhead MSF
Sweet Sunrise l/s
2 or 3 of the MES. Which are most unique?

I would have liked to pick up more of the l/s, but they all seem too dark for my NW15 skin. Pale nudes such as Myth and Fleshpot tend to look better on me. I'm hoping Sweet Sunrise and A Perfect Day will work for me, though!

Haven

Thank you so much for this information! It seems that the MUAs at my local freestanding are either clueless or change the rules to fit their needs.

BTW does anyone know the limit of how many products you can B2M for at one time. My local store says 4, but now I feel the need to double check this info. TIA!

luvlydee

oh and another quick question.. does anyone know if Beach Sand Lipstick and A Perfect Day lipstick will work on a person nc44/nc45?

If not i'm only getting Fresh Honey Blush which I fear might be a lil similar to my Taj Mahal blush

sinergy

i think im going to want quite a bit from this collection, ive been comparing swatches for the past few days and my list is still big. ive been on a nice neutral kick for a bit now, and i feel like i can't live without pillow talk and a perfect day. so we will see. and usually the MSEs i can pass on and pick thru when they are at cco but there is something about these that i want, and i know they are hit and miss with everyone but i love my style black shadows i use them alot with the right base you can get all the dimensional effect out of them and they blend so nicely makes for great smokiness. so i think im picking up in the sun, twilight falls and daylight..hmmm..and both msfs? and two blushes..gah see i need to try and edit this cause i want a few of the shadow brushes also...

mac_aiken

Thank you all for your swatches, links and good advice. I don't normally buy anything from these "natural" shades January collections but I am going to pick up a few things from this one. My list is small but I think everything will get some well deserved love.

I am getting:
Redhead MSF (replacement for my original which got dropped and destroyed)
Daylight and In the Sun MES

Skipping the blushes because I just bought 2 of the new liquid ones from Clarins (the pink and the coral). These things are da bomb! Plus I have several samples to try in similar shades from various indie mmu companies.

Any thoughts on whether this and IA will go up on the website over the weekend?

TeresitaMC

Ummmm.... I haven't ordered from the MAC website since Glitter & Ice came out, but I just noticed... THEY TAKE PAYPAL NOW???? Yikes!!!! Taking money directly from my bank account is going to encourage a lot of bad bad impulse purchases!
How funny, I just went on MAC today to see if they finally have this option (though yes, I kind of don't want it 'cause it could be deadly!). However I don't see it on the Canadian site.... maybe I am blind.... anyone know if this is true for the Canadian site?? TIA!

GreigeClarity

I ordered recently and didn't see it. However, I could be blind too
icon_eek.gif

How funny, I just went on MAC today to see if they finally have this option (though yes, I kind of don't want it 'cause it could be deadly!). However I don't see it on the Canadian site.... maybe I am blind.... anyone know if this is true for the Canadian site?? TIA!

FStone

I'm NW15 and I bought:

In the Sun MES
Summer Haze MES
All 3 MB's
The Redhead

I am tempted to B2M for A Perfect Day LS and Fresh Air LG!