MAC - Opulash mascara Discussion

Shadowy Lady

did anyone compare Opulash with Lancome Hypnose yet? Hypnose has been my HG for years and Opulash has to be very great for me to give up my beloved Hypnose.

I have very long lashes for reference so I just need something volumizing....size of brush doesn't really matter to me, I just want perfect end result

shontay07108

My eyes have been feeling kinda strange and I'm wondering if it's this mascara. I don't think I want to wear this all day tomorrow while I'm at work. I'll try again when I won't be leaving the house. I really hope it's not this mascara, though.

shontay07108

OK, I had to remove the mascara not only because my eyes were beginning to water, but b/c it's late. My eyes began to burn as I tried to remove it. This has never happened and I know it's not my makeup remover. It was a mess on my face, around my eyes as I tried to remove it. My eyes were burning so bad I had to run cold water on them. Not sexy. This is going back to Nordstroms. What a disappointment.

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigiopolis
Is this a "tubey" mascara? i.e. comes off with just warm water in "tubes", much like Clinique Lash Power?

I read from Karen (makeupandbeautyblog) that it is...any thoughts?

Here's her review by the way: MAC Opulash Mascara Review: Makeup and Beauty Blog: Makeup Reviews, Beauty Tips and Drugstore Beauty Finds

Because if it is...I'm so getting it. I'm such a huge fan of tubing mascaras - they wear SO WELL and they come off easily with just a little pressure + warm water.
greengrin.gif

It does come off in tubes which I actually really like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
All this talk of a big brush is making me have second thoughts. If I hated CG Lashblast cause of the big brush, will I hate this one too? Is it as big, or bigger than LB? Anyone know?

It is about the same size brush as lash blast but the mascara wand bristles are night and day different from lash blast.

vintageroses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
did anyone compare Opulash with Lancome Hypnose yet? Hypnose has been my HG for years and Opulash has to be very great for me to give up my beloved Hypnose.

I have very long lashes for reference so I just need something volumizing....size of brush doesn't really matter to me, I just want perfect end result

oooh! You have the same kind of lashes as me! I have really long & curly lashes i just need volume & i have yet to find a good mascara (since i've only started being into mascaras!) thanks for the tip, i'll check Lancome's Hypnose! & if you get Opulash please do tell me how it works for you!
winkiss.gif

LMD84

yes after reading so many good things about that i think i will pop into a Nordies while in the states so i can get one - it looks fab! this could be the first mac mascara that i actually like!

Nzsallyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
yes after reading so many good things about that i think i will pop into a Nordies while in the states so i can get one - it looks fab! this could be the first mac mascara that i actually like!

how cool does that sound!
th_LMAO.gif

i am keen to try this mascara out, i have diorshow, but its not the most fab thing on me, so always keen to try. plus mac mascaras are cheaper than loreal mascaras over in NZ!

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageroses
oooh! You have the same kind of lashes as me! I have really long & curly lashes i just need volume & i have yet to find a good mascara (since i've only started being into mascaras!) thanks for the tip, i'll check Lancome's Hypnose! & if you get Opulash please do tell me how it works for you!
winkiss.gif

Do try Lancomes Hypnose, it is my favorite by far! And maybe the first few times it might not work as well, so just give it some time.

I decided I will try the mascara when I see it, but from what people posted it does not sound like HG material to me.
Thanks for all of your reviews!

kimmy

i went and got it, and i'm not overly impressed.

it's kind of a mess to apply for me because the wand is so large, but it's easily cleaned off lids with a wet q-tip which i like. the wand definately will get right into the inner and outer corners though, which is nice. you won't miss a single lash with this stuff.

when applied, it dries pretty quickly - another plus. however, while everyone raves about the colour bad, bad black appears to be no glossier or darker than any other black mascara i've used thus far. it didn't add a whole lot of volume or length to my lashes, but it spread a nice even coat of black over them. i have naturally long lashes, so this may be better suited for someone with shorter lashes. i didn't notice it being any better at holding a curl than clinique high definition (which is what i've used mostly before) but it is alot better at holding a curl than clinique high lengths (which i've been using recently.)

it removes pretty easily with just warm water, but it's a bit messy. it seems to come off almost in a gel which i found kind of strange because i've never had a mascara come off in tht consistency before.

over all, i'd say good but not great. not quite what i thought it would be, i actually get fuller looking lashes with mac plushlash than i do with this.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigiopolis
Is this a "tubey" mascara? i.e. comes off with just warm water in "tubes", much like Clinique Lash Power?

I read from Karen (makeupandbeautyblog) that it is...any thoughts?

Here's her review by the way: MAC Opulash Mascara Review: Makeup and Beauty Blog: Makeup Reviews, Beauty Tips and Drugstore Beauty Finds

Because if it is...I'm so getting it. I'm such a huge fan of tubing mascaras - they wear SO WELL and they come off easily with just a little pressure + warm water.
greengrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
It does come off in tubes which I actually really like.

that's so weird. mine didn't come of in tubes.

Winthrop44

I got this yesterday and wore it for the first time today. I may fall in the Shontay camp as by the end of the day my eyes were burning, but I was also wearing a different brand of e/s so I'm not blaming this mascara just yet. I have super wimpy lashes so I'm looking for both length and volume, and this gave me both. My lashes were significantly more noticeable than they are with Hypnose. I really like it alot so I'm hoping it doesn't bother my eyes!

Oh...and it did not come off in tubes for me either. I think you're supposed to be able to remove this with just warm water? Maybe then it does, but I used my usual Bifacil and it didn't.

GlamYOURUs

I am really liking it so far. No clumps, no flakes, no burn, it stays put and gives the look of natural lashes. It lengthens and provides some volume. I think its a keeper! Most MAC mascaras do burn on me so I am glad they did something right this time. lol

shontay07108

I can't wait to return this thing. I hope I can do it tomorrow. Any mascara that burns my eyes is not a keeper. I want to exchange this for the Dirty GPS.

coachkitten

So I have been wearing this mascara most days and does come off in flakes or small tubes for me. And it is really hard to remove. I ususally have flakes below my eyes when I wake up in the morning. I use a really good makeup remover so I am not sure why this is happening.

I still don't love this mascara but it does the job. Once I am done with this tube I won't purchase another one.

monter

Got this yesterday. Excited to try it out! I've been using a Zoom lash sample (which I'm in like with), and I HATED Zoom Fast Black Lash or whatever it was called (can we say CLUMPING???), but I loved Plushlash and I really liked Dazzlelash. Plushlash was a lot of work though, with the double sided brush, and Dazzlelash didn't always give me the oomph I'm looking for... Maybe Opulash can be better and easier!

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by monter
Got this yesterday. Excited to try it out! I've been using a Zoom lash sample (which I'm in like with), and I HATED Zoom Fast Black Lash or whatever it was called (can we say CLUMPING???), but I loved Plushlash and I really liked Dazzlelash. Plushlash was a lot of work though, with the double sided brush, and Dazzlelash didn't always give me the oomph I'm looking for... Maybe Opulash can be better and easier!

i wish they'd repromote dazzlelash. best mac mascara ever.
ssad.gif