MAC Playland Collection - April 7, 2014

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Maybe you can avoid the fall and winter collections to haul bigger now? That's kind of what I am doing, but mostly avoiding the Spring and Summer collections.
I doubt it.
girlhaha.gif
I usually love the fall collections too. I can't wait for the colour story for this, hopefully there will a lot of stuff that is similar to what I already have.

erine1881

NVM. If it's anything like Baking Beauties, it'll be a huge skip.
If Playland is this year's Baking Beauties, my wallet will be safe. I always skip the pastel collections.
Definitely not :nope:
I'm guessing that this will be the "prom-oriented" collection that Mac usually does in the Spring. (That's the term that a Mac MUA used to describe them... I think she was talking about the Quite Cute collection at the time.) Those usually have a good dose of fun colours and products, which would suit the name.
Imagine QC on crack!
I wonder if this is the collection that will include the Casual Lip and cheek colors. 
:whistle:
Pastels dont look good on me unless they are lustres or cremesheens. Im hoping for some of those finishes.
Negative my dear!

Audrey C

I don't really do pastels - I occasionally buy them because I get sucked into the whole 'spring pretty' vibe and then I ultimately never wear them. Makeup, clothes...all the same. Anything other than a coral (which I have no shortage of) would be a waste. Same with bright colour e/s - have a 15 pan that I rarely touch. I use the green a bit and everything else just collects dust.

Hope this one is fun for those of you who can wear these shades!

erine1881

I don't really do pastels - I occasionally buy them because I get sucked into the whole 'spring pretty' vibe and then I ultimately never wear them. Makeup, clothes...all the same. Anything other than a coral (which I have no shortage of) would be a waste. Same with bright colour e/s - have a 15 pan that I rarely touch. I use the green a bit and everything else just collects dust. Hope this one is fun for those of you who can wear these shades!
What about bright ass colours for the lips? Do you do those?

Audrey C

What about bright ass colours for the lips? Do you do those?
Every time I buy one, I end up giving it away or BTM'ing it. Ablaze is a case in point. I got rid of the lippie months ago, and am about to BTM the gloss. I just don't like neonish brights on me.

I love a red lip and I like Heroine, but pinks are generally not flattering (unless they're warm) so a Party Parrot type lippie is a non-starter. I'm always attracted to the e/s, but end up only wearing them as liner or sheering them out for a summer look.

erine1881

Every time I buy one, I end up giving it away or BTM'ing it. Ablaze is a case in point. I got rid of the lippie months ago, and am about to BTM the gloss. I just don't like neonish brights on me. I love a red lip and I like Heroine, but pinks are generally not flattering (unless they're warm) so a Party Parrot type lippie is a non-starter. I'm always attracted to the e/s, but end up only wearing them as liner or sheering them out for a summer look. 
So a red lip is ok? Ok!
Quite Cute on crack you say?!?!?!? :thud:
I say!

ElectricLady

I feel like there's a new collection every time I log on! But if this is full of light, bright pastel colors, I'll be able to skip.