MAC Prime Focus Discussion

Mac-Guy

Who else is exited? What primer will you pick?

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-prime-focus-collection-for-fall-2011#more-30889

Mac-Guy

Uh, Oh... I thought I get away with no MAC purchases until MAC Me Over.

I'll buy:

- Adjust
- Illuminate
- Pressed Powder

Mac-Guy

I hope that Recharge is less orange but more bronze for no-make up make up days. I will need to get samples for all of them and test them out before I purchase. It's a bummer that all of them have SPF35. While I appreciate a high SPF, I also know that it can irritate the skin quite a bit.

QueenOfSnark

I'm still miffed that a green skin enhancer wasn't included that would neutralize redness.
angry.gif
Ah well. I'll probably pick up the finishing powder compact since I love the product but hated the messy packaging of the loose powder.

rockin

I'm still miffed that a green skin enhancer wasn't included that would neutralize redness.
angry.gif
Ah well. I'll probably pick up the finishing powder compact since I love the product but hated the messy packaging of the loose powder.

Yellow neutralises redness, too. My friend uses a yellow Clinique powder to cover her rosacea, and it's quite effective

Mac-Guy

Can somebody explain exactly what the enhancers are for? Thanks

Basically it neutralizes/counterbalances/enhances your natural complexion. I doubt that they will be highly pigmented, but it's nice to have the different options.

Mac-Guy

angry.gif
Yellow is probably more effective - and far more natural - to cancel out redness. Best is to get a sample and try it out before you buy it.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I hope that Recharge is less orange but more bronze for no-make up make up days. I will need to get samples for all of them and test them out before I purchase. It's a bummer that all of them have SPF35. While I appreciate a high SPF, I also know that it can irritate the skin quite a bit.
I didn't know that. I was looking for a product with SPF, like a base, because my day creme hasn't any, I use natural cosmetics. And also something light or pinktoned to even out my complexion. I hope that my super sensitive skin will tolerate this then. I want to try the Illuminate one. I was going back and forth between Le Blanc de Chanel (although that one doesn't have a SPF I think) and Givenchy Acti'mine, the white or the pink one. But I'll wait and get this one instead.

I don't think I will get the pressed powder. I haven't used the loose one for quite a while, I always reach for my Chanel one. I feel like the P+P one isn't good for my skin.

Mac-Guy

I didn't know that. I was looking for a product with SPF, like a base, because my day creme hasn't any, I use natural cosmetics. And also something light or pinktoned to even out my complexion. I hope that my super sensitive skin will tolerate this then. I want to try the Illuminate one. I was going back and forth between Le Blanc de Chanel (although that one doesn't have a SPF I think) and Givenchy Acti'mine, the white or the pink one. But I'll wait and get this one instead.
I don't think I will get the pressed powder. I haven't used the loose one for quite a while, I always reach for my Chanel one. I feel like the P+P one isn't good for my skin.
I appreciate SPF for the summer, but my skin feels less irritated once I stop using SPF. The higher the SPF, the more chemical will be in there...
girl_devil.gif
I wish there was a non-SPF option.

It sounds like your skin doesn't like the Mica in the powder. Do you have issues with other mica-base products or just with the P+P one?

xasperadastra

do you think these can be used such as colored creams instead of foundation for a light coverage ... or they won't cover at all?

Mac-Guy

That pressed version of the finishing powder is MINE. I've always wished that existed.

I second that. Yeah for a compact. The loose powder is so messy, though I appreciate that it lasts forever, whereas with a compact, you will hit pan sooner rather than later.

27dots

any idea how the pressed powder will be for controlling oil? as good at the blot powder?