MAC Prime Focus Discussion

Mac-Guy

Adjust is light, neutral peach, right? Recharge is the bronzy one. I've tried a yellow corrector (Benefit Lemon Aid) before but it didn't work for me. I read that peach may be used for dark under eye circles so I wanted to try it out. Been looking into various peach correctors but have only seen the Bobbi Brown one.
I've forgotten about the P&P highlighters. I'm afraid they're too light but I might check out Bright Forecast as it's also peachy coral.
I thought you meant Recharge. My bad.

Yes, check out the highlighters. You can really sheer them out, so I would not worry to much about them being too light. It's more like a wash of color. But make sure you try it in a store and see how you like it. To get a good result, it is important to have both, the right color correction AND the right concealer. I hope you'll find your HG products.

Rezel

I thought you meant Recharge. My bad.
Yes, check out the highlighters. You can really sheer them out, so I would not worry to much about them being too light. It's more like a wash of color. But make sure you try it in a store and see how you like it. To get a good result, it is important to have both, the right color correction AND the right concealer. I hope you'll find your HG products.
Thanks for the tips, Mac-Guy. :) So far my Mac studio finish concealer works but I'm always on the look out for better products for my terrible under eye circles.

Mac-Guy

Thanks for the tips, Mac-Guy. :) So far my Mac studio finish concealer works but I'm always on the look out for better products for my terrible under eye circles.
What's your complexion? A few of the NW Moisturecover are quite peachy.

D

Deleted member 49521

I'm mostly interested in the face chart for this one! Any ideas on the colour products used for this? May pick up the pressed finishing powder at some point!

paparazziboy

at the counter i always use the translucent powder mixed with anyone powder. it will blur out fine line and pores to give the skin a more flawless appearance. it will also soak up any excess oils i recommend it for oily skin all the time and everyone i sell it come back for more. it creates this veil of flawlessness that is so light u dont even fell it on you face i like to also use it under my fix fluid as my primer and as well as with my mineralize skin finish natural If u use a sponge rather than a brush u can really see the difference i showed my manger this trick that i do when at that counter and now we sell the powder like hot cakes its about how u apply products to make them work for you.

sinergy

Adjust is light, neutral peach, right? Recharge is the bronzy one. I've tried a yellow corrector (Benefit Lemon Aid) before but it didn't work for me. I read that peach may be used for dark under eye circles so I wanted to try it out. Been looking into various peach correctors but have only seen the Bobbi Brown one.
I've forgotten about the P&P highlighters. I'm afraid they're too light but I might check out Bright Forecast as it's also peachy coral.

i really like the bobbi brown peach corrector, its so creamy!! i use it along with an nw studio finish concealer and it covers great. i have very dark under eye circles and so far this has been the best combo for me.

Rezel

Maybe it was my counter's tester? But it was fairly new when I tested it out. I found it thick and I imagine it would tug on my eye area so I didn't get it.

Mac-Guy

Maybe it was my counter's tester? But it was fairly new when I tested it out. I found it thick and I imagine it would tug on my eye area so I didn't get it.
Moisturecover is very moist and provides only a light coverage, but if it has the right shade it might all you need. For under eye concealing, I would always use a NW concealer which will help brighten up the area, thus you might need a second concealer for other areas of your face. If you are NC25, you should check out Moisturecover in NW20. It's very peachy, but it might be exactly what you are looking for color-wise. Happy concealer hunting.

sinergy

well it is thick like you mention..i normally pat my finger or brush in it then warm it up a bit on my hand. sometimes ill just mix my concealer from there or just layer it. i can see what you mean about it maybe tugging but i think its ok with the way i apply it. mine stays pretty creamy though.

Rezel

Moisturecover is very moist and provides only a light coverage, but if it has the right shade it might all you need. For under eye concealing, I would always use a NW concealer which will help brighten up the area, thus you might need a second concealer for other areas of your face. If you are NC25, you should check out Moisturecover in NW20. It's very peachy, but it might be exactly what you are looking for color-wise. Happy concealer hunting.
Oh, I've been using the wrong shade of concealer.
girlhaha.gif
I would definitely check out the NW shades then. Hopefully it will end my dark circle problem. Thanks so much, Mac-Guy. :)

Edelmc

[quote name="paparazziboy" url="/forum/thread/176319/mac-prime-focus-discussion/30#post_2144036"]at the counter i always use the translucent powder mixed with anyone powder. it will blur out fine line and pores to give the skin a more flawless appearance. it will also soak up any excess oils i recommend it for oily skin all the time and everyone i sell it come back for more. it creates this veil of flawlessness that is so light u dont even fell it on you face i like to also use it under my fix fluid as my primer and as well as with my mineralize skin finish natural If u use a sponge rather than a brush u can really see the difference i showed my manger this trick that i do when at that counter and now we sell the powder like hot cakes its about how u apply products to make them work for you.
[/quote] I am intrigued by what you say but don't completely understand what you mean. I use mac face and body, studio sculpt or Bobbi brown skin foundation dependent on the coverage I want and I usually set it with prep and prime loose powder or mineralize skinfinish natural. Could I use the technique you describe and if so, how? Thanks

MrsB

I am confused too, about the 'mixed with anyone powder. ' and the using a powder under a liquid foundation part? Or am I getting mixed up? I think I'd like 3 of the correctors for different face areas. I can't use prep and prime transluscent powder as it breaks me out though, which is a shame as I love it :(

Mac-Guy

I also use the P&P Finishing powder under my MSF - and sometimes under F&B - as I feel it smooths out my skin without adding any color. Especially as it is so white, I feel it can leave a whitish cast when used over foundations or MSF, even on light skin.

Edelmc

[quote name="Mac-Guy" url="/forum/thread/176319/mac-prime-focus-discussion/30#post_2144079"]I also use the P&P Finishing powder under my MSF - and sometimes under F&B - as I feel it smooths out my skin without adding any color. Especially as it is so white, I feel it can leave a whitish cast when used over foundations or MSF, even on light skin.
[/quote] So am I right in saying you apply your primer and foundation then you apply prep and prime powder to blur pores, lines etc and then apply MSF powder for the finish?

MrsB

Did you say that you use it under face and body mac guy? How does that work out? Its really interesting as I've never heard of a powder product used under liquid foundation before?

Mac-Guy

Did you say that you use it under face and body mac guy? How does that work out? Its really interesting as I've never heard of a powder product used under liquid foundation before?
A lot of primers that control oil, e.g. Lancome's Pure Focus, have a lot of powder in it, as a gel-to-powder or a cream-to-powder finish. Thus, simply using a powder (after a moisturizer) is just another way to create a primer.

I hope this helps.

xasperadastra

everything is really interesting!!! I should try my prep &prime powder before foundation (next winter) and I really hope I'll need low coverage (acne is slowly disappear) buuut I have a problem:
under my eyes I use concealer and I fix it with the prep & prime powder but appear lines under my eyes while I'd like to cover them (I'm still young XD) today I also bought the vibrancy eye primer! What should I do??

Edelmc

[quote name="Mac-Guy" url="/forum/thread/176319/mac-prime-focus-discussion/30#post_2144145"]

Correct. I can't possibly be the only person doing this, lol.
yahoo.gif
The P&P FP is just a translucent product, which I use to prep my skin. It just smooths out the surface and you can apply any other product with ease. Having said that, when I do this technique, I don't use any other primer. This is really for those 95 F summer days, where you want a simple and quick fix.

When you apply it before using a liquid foundation (and I only use F&B), you have to make sure to really buff it out.

If you want a lot of coverage (anything more than what is considered "light"), I would not use this technique. I have to admit that I am a fan of "less-foundation-is-more," and I don't have to do a lot to my own skin to make it glowy and healthy. I understand that if you have acne scars or heavy pigmentation, you might want to use a heavier product, though I really dislike any kind of cakey look.

My only complaint about the P&P FP is that it is soooooo dusty. I really hate dusty compacts/covers/lids, so I pay extra attention, but with the loose FP, it is almost impossible to avoid it. Thus, I hope this problem will lessen with the pressed version.

A lot of primers that control oil, e.g. Lancome's Pure Focus, have a lot of powder in it, as a gel-to-powder or a cream-to-powder finish. Thus, simply using a powder (after a moisturizer) is just another way to create a primer.

I hope this helps.

[/quote] Thank you so much for explaining it. I love learning new/different techniques. I live in Ireland and so I wouldn't be used to 95F so that's why I haven't heard of this method before lol!!

Mac-Guy

everything is really interesting!!! I should try my prep &prime powder before foundation (next winter) and I really hope I'll need low coverage (acne is slowly disappear) buuut I have a problem:
under my eyes I use concealer and I fix it with the prep & prime powder but appear lines under my eyes while I'd like to cover them (I'm still young XD) today I also bought the vibrancy eye primer! What should I do??

The older one gets, the less are powders or heavy products your "friends" as they like to sit in lines and wrinkles.
censored.gif
I would just try to use less and see how it looks. As I said, I'm not a big fan of a powdery look, but that's just me. If you use too much powder, it will just end up in your lines no matter how fine they are. Don't overuse products or layer too many on top of each other. It's better to find just one or two products that work well instead of trying to create the "perfect" combo, IMO.

The P&P FP last a looooong time, so I hope I will still use the remainder of my FP when the compact gets out.

Mac-Guy

Thank you so much for explaining it. I love learning new/different techniques. I live in Ireland and so I wouldn't be used to 95F so that's why I haven't heard of this method before lol!!

I lived in England for almost a decade and I found the rainy weather rather depressing, but it is much more make up friendly than boiling heat :)