MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour Collection

Marsha Pomells

My initial thoughts are that the packaging seems less alien in my hands. I really like the clear case and the wand. Oh Lady is a beautiful shade. I applied one coat and it was pretty uneven on my lower lip, although that may partially be user error since I just started wearing liquid lipsticks. I applied a second coat for the heck of it.. Evened it out but I think next time I'll try a lip liner underneath and aim for one coat. It definitely dries completely matte - no slip. But it doesn't feel as drying as the colour pop ones I have. I feel like my lips look strange in this but here's a pic for reference View attachment 50860

I know you're several shades lighter than me, but you have just chucked Oh Lady on my list. Looks beautiful on you.

You look great on Oh Lady. I think High Drama is my favorite.

Agreed. Have you picked up High Drama yet???

mkoparanova

My initial thoughts are that the packaging seems less alien in my hands. I really like the clear case and the wand. Oh Lady is a beautiful shade. I applied one coat and it was pretty uneven on my lower lip, although that may partially be user error since I just started wearing liquid lipsticks. I applied a second coat for the heck of it.. Evened it out but I think next time I'll try a lip liner underneath and aim for one coat. It definitely dries completely matte - no slip. But it doesn't feel as drying as the colour pop ones I have. I feel like my lips look strange in this but here's a pic for reference View attachment 50860

It's beautiful, I can't wait to get it!!

ramarose

Ok I think I'm getting the hang of these... Today I put Oh Lady on very slowly and as thin as possible over makeup forever lip liner in 10C. The result is much more berryish rather than purple and less cakey looking up close. I had to take mine off yesterday for the gym but I'm going to check wear time today with application starting at 11:44EST... I really like the way it looks today and it's making me want more, but the kat Von D formula is much easier to apply because it's thinner IMO
image.jpeg

Prettypackages

Hours later
It lasted two bananas
Water
Coconut water and talking
Doesn't budge and doesn't crumble

But boy does it emphasizes every wrinkle and crevice in ur lips ������������������������
And a primer might be a must
Whew this ruby woo dry
LOL @ ruby woo dry!
Ok I think I'm getting the hang of these... Today I put Oh Lady on very slowly and as thin as possible over makeup forever lip liner in 10C. The result is much more berryish rather than purple and less cakey looking up close. I had to take mine off yesterday for the gym but I'm going to check wear time today with application starting at 11:44EST... I really like the way it looks today and it's making me want more, but the kat Von D formula is much easier to apply because it's thinner IMO
View attachment 50887
gorgeous!

beauty21

View attachment 50887
It looks great on you!! I can't wait to get mine.

Sweetyellow

I just got my Rebellious PLWLP and Oh, Lady. I tried them both on quickly and I honestly believe you NEED a lip pencil under these liquid lippies. The PLWLP formula is more ideal as they are more adapt to stick to your lips, making for a great base and something the liquid lipsticks can hold on to. I was able to fill in my lip completely (getting close to the inner rim of my lips where color seems to fade quickly cause of moisture) and then applied Oh, Lady on top and it was perfection. I intend on trying In Anticipation PLWLP with To Matte With Love next.

ramarose

Sooo Oh Lady only lasted about 2 1/2 hours on me before I wanted to take it off and reapply. I've been home all day so I left it on. By 3 1/2 hours it had noticibly worn away from the center of my lips. It also "shrink wrapped" my lips.. Created lines I don't really have by pulling into dark lines on my lips. I did drink some water and ate pb&j.. Expert cooking skills, I know. I tear sandwiches apart rather than bite them though, so it's not like it touched my lips. I removed it with makeup remover but it left a stain, which means to reapply I would need to have my makeup remover, concealer and powder, and the liner + lipstick to reapply. Soo overall they're tricky to apply but beautiful once on, not as long lasting as I hoped, and would be impossible to reapply at work. I do love the shade and finish so I'll keep Oh Lady, but I'll only be able to wear it for short ish events so I won't be purchasing any more.

erine1881

I don't know where else to post this but if you go on the MAC website and click on 'lipglass'...there's a color there called Signs of Spring. Is that a permanent lipglass that I just wasn't aware of? I tried googling for it but nothing comes up. What's going on with this?

It's Underage, just renamed. You can blame Kat Von D for that one.

NaniLovesMAC

Everyone looks so pretty in their new lippies. Today was black box day for me too, Feels so good looks gorgeous. Going to give it a whirl tomorrow.

The hazardous stickers threw me for a loop. My husband was like "what did you order??"

mercede466

Everyone looks so pretty in their new lippies. Today was black box day for me too, Feels so good looks gorgeous. Going to give it a whirl tomorrow.

The hazardous stickers threw me for a loop. My husband was like "what did you order??"
They threw me too! I was like wtf?!? Lol!! Can't wait to hear what I think of it!!

Sweetyellow

It's Underage, just renamed. You can blame Kat Von D for that one.

Thank you so much, Erine. You're always a wealth of information. This had me so confused. I thought there was a website glitch or something and this was a to-be-released lipglass.

Sweetyellow

I hope MAC expands on the color range even if it's for a limited edition collection. These current colors are great for a product launch but it'd be more exciting to expand on these and add some other interesting colors and definitely more nude/mauve/brown shades.

GreenEyedAllie

So Oh Lady arrived today. Gorgeous color even if it wears darker on me than I hoped. I'm not liking this formula at all, though. Streaky, uneven, makes my lips look and feel terrible. I couldn't even stand to have it on long enough to test longevity. I have othe liquid lippies, mind, so it's not that I'm not used to the concept. I'm pretty disappointed. :(I'm gonna give it another try or two before sending it back.

Latest posts