MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour Collection

ramarose

:hmm: :secret:

She didn't want MAC using it? Miss seeing you :kisskiss:

People had a fuss about Kat Von D's under age red... Maybe MAC changed it to be on the safe side? They still sell Nymphette though, which is a term for a sexual young girl... Guess the PC police missed that one

elegant-one

People had a fuss about Kat Von D's under age red... Maybe MAC changed it to be on the safe side? They still sell Nymphette though, which is a term for a sexual young girl... Guess the PC police missed that one

Oh, ok. I get it. I thought maybe they were embroiled in a legal issue. Its just makeup :doh: Thanks dear

iqaganda

From the photos, it looks like the formula is very dry that the lips has a tendency to chap / break. Is this the case? still contemplating whether to get some of these or not...

elegant-one

The formula dried my lips out so bad after I removed it & I never ever have issues with dry lips. I sent mine back.

Marsha Pomells

The formula dried my lips out so bad after I removed it & I never ever have issues with dry lips. I sent mine back.

Wow... This couldn't be the issue Erin was on about, by any chance???? I was kinda looking forward to getting a few (yes... I went from 1 to no precise figure).

B

Buffy89

Oh, doesn't sound good! Since my lips are quite dry already and none of the colors really sparks my interest, I won't try one of them now. But I'm really excited for the Velvetease Pencils. Thanks for letting us know.

DMcG9

Wow... This couldn't be the issue Erin was on about, by any chance???? I was kinda looking forward to getting a few (yes... I went from 1 to no precise figure).

I don't think so. The issue was that it smudged very easily almost like it never set. It now sounds like MAC overcorrected the formula to the point where it pretty much desiccates the lips. That is pretty disappointing. I was set on getting Oh Lady, but since I have this issue with a few other brands I think it will be a lot worse with the MAC ones. I think I'll just stick to KVD's Bauhau5.

Marsha Pomells

I don't think so. The issue was that it smudged very easily almost like it never set. It now sounds like MAC overcorrected the formula to the point where it pretty much desiccates the lips. That is pretty disappointing. I was set on getting Oh Lady, but since I have this issue with a few other brands I think it will be a lot worse with the MAC ones. I think I'll just stick to KVD's Bauhau5.

Thanks for clearing that up. First it was underperforming, and now it's over-performing. Doesn't MAC actually test their products properly before releasing them??? Has anyone else had the same issue????

SleepingBeauty

MAC could've done something great but seems like their liquid lipsticks are a mess. :( The colours are nothing special but I probably would've bought one if the formula wasn't so bad. What a shame.

bunnypoet

I have enough liquid lipsticks from other brands (LA Splash, Lime Crime, ColourPop, KVD, CR, DOC, etc.). I think I'll sit this collection out.

nudibelle

I can't deal with formula
it has dried my lips out so bad
even with every primer I've tried

I tried my anastasia just to confirm that something definitely wrong
and u can feel the difference
such a shame cause I love love love the colors

Jayjayy

I am sooo SOOOO excited for these!! My Dance With Me should arrive tomorrow...Oh, Lady sold out so they cancelled it. The only other liquid lipsticks I can stand to wear all day are my Dose of Colors and KVD (with a lip primer). Every liquid lipstick brand has lovers and haters, so I'm excited to give these a go! They've been formulating and testing them for a while now.

Sweetyellow

Okay, so I have to change my initial review of these after wearing Oh, Lady over the weekend. Honestly, I really think MAC should recall these and reformulate because they will NOT sell well. They are incredibly drying on the lips. After wearing it for a few hours they crack and almost flake off in the center of the lips and the corners of the mouth. I wore Oh, Lady out to run errands for 5-6 hours and within 3 hours of being out and about, my lips looked so dry and shriveled up. These are not comfortable on the lips and they have worst wear-time of any liquid lipstick. I really wanted to buy a few more of these but I don't think I will after this.

elegant-one

I missed that. I'm glad I only bought one. The formula is so drying.....RAISIN lips Marsha...you don't want wrinkly raisin lips now do ya :scared::doh::rofl:

Oh, doesn't sound good! Since my lips are quite dry already and none of the colors really sparks my interest, I won't try one of them now. But I'm really excited for the Velvetease Pencils. Thanks for letting us know.

Heck, my lips are never dry & I'm an old bag :rofl:The formula sucked the life right out of my lips.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I can't deal with formula
it has dried my lips out so bad
even with every primer I've tried

I tried my anastasia just to confirm that something definitely wrong
and u can feel the difference
such a shame cause I love love love the colors

Okay, so I have to change my initial review of these after wearing Oh, Lady over the weekend. Honestly, I really think MAC should recall these and reformulate because they will NOT sell well. They are incredibly drying on the lips. After wearing it for a few hours they crack and almost flake off in the center of the lips and the corners of the mouth. I wore Oh, Lady out to run errands for 5-6 hours and within 3 hours of being out and about, my lips looked so dry and shriveled up. These are not comfortable on the lips and they have worst wear-time of any liquid lipstick. I really wanted to buy a few more of these but I don't think I will after this.

Sucks!

Yep! Dry dry dried up lips :snooty:

They already look so dry in swatches to me, so I'm not even surprised to hear that.

Latest posts