MAC - Shop Shop Shop / Cook Cook Cook discussion

princess sarah

Decent haulage! Nice one

Cant wait to get my haul of my little Tread Gently TT, QS Lipstick and Colour added Quad

So I got some back ups of all the lipsticks today,only 1 QS as I forgot to add it in my bag the 1st time. 2x hush hush tt,2x Tread gently tt, 2x so vain,2x woo me,2x enchantee,all 3 of the cremeb blushes,1 butterfly stack,lord it up,undercurrent,blackline,designer purple(which I wore today) and petrol blue liners,also got 2 added goodness Fluidlines. I'm kind of thinking of getting a Vera pearl matte powder only because it's my daughters name,lol. Idk though,I think I went a lil overboard with this collection. Also got my viva glam nicki,can't wait to wear it for v.day. Xoxo

Pinkdollface

Poop, apparently I am not getting a BU of QS unless I am online at the right time to nab it on MAC's website. All the counters/stores in my area & even where my dad lives are completely sold out!
cry.gif

**edit** After looking at my Pink Pigeon L/S & QS, I don't need a BU! I am a happy girl again...my 4 loves; Candy-Yum-Yum, Pink Pigeon, Quick Sizzle & Hollywood Nights
Do you think i need Quick Sizzle if i have the other three pinks plus a back up of CYY and PP? Which one is it most similar too?

kimbunney

I'm NC45 and I got Innocence Beware. It was like a perfect nude for my lips. You should test it out if you get a chance. That's just my opinion tho. It didn't give me an ashy or too light appearance, but at the same time I will probably use a darker lip liner with it.
You all are gonna make me go get Innocence Beware, how was it on NC 42 and darker ladies?

VampOwl

I'm torn between getting the cool-toned quad (Shop & Drop) or the warm-toned one (Call Me Bubbles). I'm a very pale cool-toned NW10-15, but I have blue eyes so I'm leaning towards Call Me Bubbles since I've heard those colors make blue eyes pop. Any thoughts?

meleftie

Does anyone else have issues with the cremeblend blushes fading quickly? I love them and always add a dusting of a powder on top but after a few hours the color is gone
ohboy.gif

whitwhit86

Comparison of Dubonnet (Top) and Runaway Red (Bottom)

They're different enough if you wish to own both. Dubonnet is a true red with a brown hint. RR is a blue-based red with some fuschia that definitely shows up on my skin. HTH!
thank you! they're quite different. I think I'm gonna have to pick this one up.

whitwhit86

They're different enough if you wish to own both. Dubonnet is a true red with a brown hint. RR is a blue-based red with some fuschia that definitely shows up on my skin. HTH!
thank you! they're quite different. I think I'm gonna have to pick this one up.

sss215

I recieved both Purring t/t and Dish It Up l/s in the mail today and both are so pretty!! I also bought Shop & Drop and Added Colour Quads!! I plan to back up the tendertones and then I'll be done with this collection.
Colour Added is pretty!

makeupgrrl

Does anyone else have issues with the cremeblend blushes fading quickly? I love them and always add a dusting of a powder on top but after a few hours the color is gone
ohboy.gif

I wore Florida yesterday, and I didn't have any issues with fading at all. My skin is normal though so my cheeks are on the drier side. Did you have any type of foundation under and what is your skin type?

sss215

I love RR for that! I think this is why it works for me, and it leaves a nice fuchsia stain.

Knope2012

My Mom was out and went by my local MAC counter, and WMS was sold out. So I did get Dish it Up but I'll wait for the restock or for when it's rereleased if I need to.

Modmom

Walked away yesterday with a few goodies :) My store hadn't yet sold out of anything

Midnight Snack f/l- its so beautiful. Shimmery (but not chunky glitter) soft grey with a sheen of navy. Yum!

Naughty Saute l/s-I had no intensions at all about getting this one. In fact I wanted Quick Sizzle. I swatched QS side by side with GAT, and on me they were truly identical (NC20) with the exception of the finish. I've owned GAT for about 4 years and have only pulled it out once so I didn't think I could justify buying a near dupe. I will say though that the swatch on my hand is stained deep! 12 hours later and its still there (faded, but definitely there). QS is one very long lasting lippie. I pulled out my Lady Gaga 1 to compare to Naughty Saute and LG was alot lighter. The only other l/s I thought may come close was Color Crafted, but they're not alike. CC is alot whiter. NS is bright, but for my skin tone its so easy to wear, and with my pigmented lips it warmed up the color really nicely in no time. My hubby came into the store and I had it on and he liked it even though it was bright. It will be a good spring/summer color for me.

I also grabbed Designer Purple and Petrol Blue liners from Vera, which is a stunning collection

I do have to say that I had the sweetest mua helping me, but her RR lipstick was so smeared around her lips I couldn't pull my eyes away lol Be careful with that one!

peachsuns

Walked away yesterday with a few goodies :) My store hadn't yet sold out of anything

Midnight Snack f/l- its so beautiful. Shimmery (but not chunky glitter) soft grey with a sheen of navy. Yum!

Naughty Saute l/s-I had no intensions at all about getting this one. In fact I wanted Quick Sizzle. I swatched QS side by side with GAT, and on me they were truly identical (NC20) with the exception of the finish. I've owned GAT for about 4 years and have only pulled it out once so I didn't think I could justify buying a near dupe. I will say though that the swatch on my hand is stained deep! 12 hours later and its still there (faded, but definitely there). QS is one very long lasting lippie. I pulled out my Lady Gaga 1 to compare to Naughty Saute and LG was alot lighter. The only other l/s I thought may come close was Color Crafted, but they're not alike. CC is alot whiter. NS is bright, but for my skin tone its so easy to wear, and with my pigmented lips it warmed up the color really nicely in no time. My hubby came into the store and I had it on and he liked it even though it was bright. It will be a good spring/summer color for me.

I also grabbed Designer Purple and Petrol Blue liners from Vera, which is a stunning collection

I do have to say that I had the sweetest mua helping me, but her RR lipstick was so smeared around her lips I couldn't pull my eyes away lol Be careful with that one!
My thoughts exactly! (I'm probably NC17.) But since I don't own GAT, I'm happy with Quick Sizzle.
greengrin.gif

Enjoy your goodies!

UrbanSweetheart

you are soooo lucky! every counter near me is sold out of so much already!

UrbanSweetheart

My Mom was out and went by my local MAC counter, and WMS was sold out. So I did get Dish it Up but I'll wait for the restock or for when it's rereleased if I need to.
I love Dish It Up! I feel like it works for every skin tone =)
I'm also waiting for the restock. I need a backup of WMS!

clslvr6spd

Do you think i need Quick Sizzle if i have the other three pinks plus a back up of CYY and PP? Which one is it most similar too?

Personally I don't think so, especially if you have 2 PP. I thought I was going to need a BU of QS, but PP is pretty damn close. QS is a bit darker & PP is a bit brighter. Also, they're different formulas, QS is more matte & PP is creamier. On skin you can see the slight difference, on lips it's a less noticable difference. CYY is a lot brighter than those 2.
I hope this helps people that are lemming QS if they have PP, but if you don't have either I honestly would stalk the MAC website or call every store in your area to get QS. There's a better chance of scoring QS than PP. Those 2 colors seriously rock my socks off & so does WMS.
If anyone was wondering, but I am sure this has been brought up WMS is a lot brighter than Flamingo. WMS is more coral & Flamingo is more peach. I recommend anyone to get both of those colors as well! OK, I will stop enabling...
girlhaha.gif

Here is a picture of the comparisons on NC30 skin tone...

Top: Candy Yum-Yum
Middle left: Quick Sizzle
Middle right: Pink Pigeon
Bottom left: Flamingo
Bottom right: Watch Me Simmer

Latest posts