MAC - Shop Shop Shop / Cook Cook Cook discussion

PixieDancer

WOW! Put Hush Hush TT on my lips last night to check it out before bed and HOLY MOLY! NOW I see what all of your fussing was about! The texture is to die for, and it gave the nicest sheen to my lips... And the SMELL is SO Yummy! Now.. I understand the BU frenzy! Here we go....

whitwhit86

my goodness. this phone does not make it easier to make a post here >.< anyway, I totally hate it when people buy up all the lipsticks & put them on eBay for like $100 to sit & sit when someone could be waking around lookin cute in it! total waste -__-

peachsuns

CYY, PP, GAT, and QS

On me Girl About Town is darker than Quick Sizzle. For they are all necessary
lol.gif

What a great swatch!
urock.gif
Thank you, Richelle83! LOL @ "For they are all necessary."

I went to my counter this morning, and picked up the backups of Quick Sizzle and Watch Me Simmer. Quick Sizzle is hands down, the winner of this collection to me. Until this morning, Watch Me Simmer was #1 on my list (now, it's #2 LOL), but wow! QS is incredible. It's a hot magenta pink which brightens my complexion instantly. It's a mid tone pink (not pale/light pink), so it doesn't make me look ridiculous. I have quite pigmented lips. LOL Surprisingly wearable and gorgeous!

Watch Me Simmer looked somewhere between Vegas Volt and Chatterbox. This one is very bright. It almost looked neon on me. I cannot wait to do the dab n smoosh with this one (thanks, elegant!). It should look very cute!

I also got Shop & Drop eyeshadow quad. I cannot wait to play with it!
I already have Scan-delicious KLC and Florida cremeblend from the previous collections and loving them.

Happy hauling, everyone!
th_thstars.gif

Hersheykisseslv

I only bought Optmistic Orange.The MAC store in Brooklyn was sold out of a lot of things (didn't take note of what ...sorry; but I think all the l/s are sold out) I got the last OO and my friend got the last Innocence Beware. I plan to later get Florida and Restores Dazzle too. I own 4 of the KLs, I have Flaunting It, Love Peck, Super and Tempta Tantra. I am thinking of getting Scandelicious but I am not sure.

Yazmin

WOW! Put Hush Hush TT on my lips last night to check it out before bed and HOLY MOLY! NOW I see what all of your fussing was about! The texture is to die for, and it gave the nicest sheen to my lips... And the SMELL is SO Yummy! Now.. I understand the BU frenzy! Here we go....

I bought two of these at the unveiling event. Figure that should tide me over.

Picked up all five lipsticks tonight at my Macy's MAC counter. I was afraid the SA that took my name and number over the weekend wouldn't follow through and hold QS and NS for me, but lo and behold - she called! Already had DIU but felt the urge to back it up; AND picked up WMS, of which there was only two left.

It's a blessing and a curse of threads like these and of MAC itself: I wish I could stay away, but I just don't have the willpower...and my wallet pays the price. But my face and heart are happy!

peachsuns

Very nice swatches! Thank you, LivestrongH2!

Here is a picture of me wearing quick sizzle lipstick. The mua had just finished doing my makeup and I snapped this photo in the car so I apologize for the lighting. I am a little less pale in person and the last I checked I was nc25, but that was in the summer. Today when I got my makeup done the mua told me my match for matchmaster foundation was 1.5 so I hope that helps. Also the lipstick is a little darker in person.

The picture on the right is of me wearing watch me simmer lipstick. The lipstick is a little more orange but I had just taken off quick sizzle and it kind of stained my lips so the swatch might not be 100% accurate.

Hope these pictures helped :)

missah

Arggh...
I'm worried that Watch me Simmer will look bad with my yellow skin:(
I really want Quick Sizzle now but its sold out everywhere and I cant keep watching the site because my hours are different here in Aus!
:(

shontay07108

So, I went in today to see everything in person. I remain underwhelmed. I really wanted to like it more. I walked away with Optimistic Orange, Added Goodness and Watch Me Simmer. I had always wanted OO b/c I was kicking myself for passing it up ages ago. I already have Florida and Restores Dazzle is too dark for my taste. OO is a skin brightening color and I know I can rock it all Summer. Added Goodness fluidline is beautiful. It's unique to what I have and that's why I bought it. A kinda taupe with shimmer. A nice break from black. The thing I'm least excited about is Watch Me Simmer. It's an amplified, that's part of the problem. It's my kind of color all the way, but I need to apply, blend it out and apply some more. I have to be careful or else I look like a clown. I see why it's a hot seller, though. All the other lipsticks either had a formula I don't like or the color didn't excite me. Quick Sizzle is pretty, but I have to remind myself that mattes hate me. Plus one Mac employee was wearing it and it seems like mattes hate her, too. I was terrified and left it right there. Naughty Saute was nice, but it reminds me very much of Roman Holiday by Nars, which I own and love. I almost bought Dish it Up just because it was the one formula that I like (lustre). The quads were a dud to me. There was at least one color in every quad that disappointed me, so I just left it. I was excited for the coral shade in the Call Me Bubbles quad, but it was underwhelming. It's a bummer b/c I really love buying quads. The tendertones smell so good I was tempted to buy one, but I already own one. How many do you actually need? So that's my semi-review. I'm looking forward to other collections that are more exciting for me personally. :dunno:

sherm

I visited my counter around 6:30 tonight to check out Dish It Up but it reminded me so much of Plumful on me that I didn't get it. So I ended up with just the 3 lipsticks (NS, WMS, and RR) that I bought online and I'm happy with that!

ETA: Oh right, I meant to add that all the lipsticks were in stock at that time which surprised me. Not sure what happened after I left but it was pretty bustling so I'd guess things are going to go quickly. It's the Macy's MAC @ Tysons for anyone in the DC/MD/VA area.

Ashleybubbles83

caved and bought shop/drop quad and call me bubbles quad after i thought i was done with s3c3...this brings my haul to:

-restores dazzle
-dish it up
-runaway red
-shop/drop quad
-call me bubbles quad

might snatch up a tendertone and a KLC.

GlamQueen21

I'm glad that you like Hush Hush! Join the Tendertone Bandwagon and I too will be backing up the Tendertones soon!

beckyjo

I would love to see Optimistic Orange on someone who is NC20. I am kind of Irish-skin-toned, and normally go for pinks... but something is telling me to order this blush!!

Yushimi

OMG. HOT 'N' SPICY tendertone. OMG. I think I should just clear my store's stock lolz I bought 2 of these because I wanted to give one for my sister...now I just want backups of tendertones! I wished these were perm! I asked the MUAs and they said it's not going to be perm.

Tendertones
heart.gif
LOVE THEM SO MUCH

romi79_2008

By the time I decided I want QS it was too late, the heating bill for January came. Dang February looks worse, so no more make-up buy for me till April. We haven`t had any temp around 32 F in about 3 weeks, we are somewhere around -6F 5F every morning, the heat is always on and it can barely makes the house be in the 70F. And I`m lucky here, there are about 10 ft of snow in some places, houses buried completely in the snow, I can not tell you how eager I am for spring!

Indieprincess

Went to the counter today and picked up QS and the Colour Added quad. I'm so glad I went when I did, because things were going so quickly.

peachsuns

Do you have Girl About Town? GAT looked really close to Quick Sizzle on me. I swatched them side by side at my store today.
I wish I could share our Southern California sun with you. We're having very sunny and mild winter. Temp today was 81F.
cutey.gif

By the time I decided I want QS it was too late, the heating bill for January came. Dang February looks worse, so no more make-up buy for me till April. We haven`t had any temp around 32 F in about 3 weeks, we are somewhere around -6F 5F every morning, the heat is always on and it can barely makes the house be in the 70F. And I`m lucky here, there are about 10 ft of snow in some places, houses buried completely in the snow, I can not tell you how eager I am for spring!

MRV

We had about -23.5 ºC = -10.3 ºF this morning... not a good place to be with a sensitive skin... (and this is not even really cold)

Anyways, I think my lipstick mania is getting worse. I have already "pre"ordered several l/s even though I was hoping to BtoM when this collections comes in March, but you never know if we get them all considering the way they are selling out...
ohthedrama4vi.gif

Thia Winter

I went yesterday and got Added Goodness (GORGEOUS color....much more taupe than mauve to my eye) fluidline and Woo Me Kissable Lip Color. I hadn't gotten any of the kissable colors before....LOVE woo me, may have to get a BU.