MAC So Reel / Reel Sexy discussion

OctoberViolet

eyelove.gif
Thank you!!!!!! SweetJoy!!!! Must. Get. Heroine!!
Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but are there any swatches of Pink Popcorn & Reel Sexy l/s as well as the cremesheen glosses?????

Heroine swatches! Sorry about the crappy quality - my iphone is the best camera I have. I took pictures in different lighting and these are the closest to the true colour. To me it looks like a toned down violetta, maybe a little plummier/pinker. Very pretty, but was a little much on me. I think it'll look amazing on WOCs. These swatches are on NW20 skin.

Edit: Woo! Hundredth post!

Fabulash

My mac pro card was approved this week, so Pink popcorn, Reel Sexy, Heroine and Magenta blush are DEFINITELY coming home to me
yahoo.gif
mac_haul.gif

Genn

I know I want pink popcorn and the heirloom liner and about ten other things between this collection and the ED shadow. My list has been getting longer and longer. Do you think a fair skinned girl could pull off WMS or Reel Sexy?

m0rg3nst3rn

My mac pro card was approved this week, so Pink popcorn, Reel Sexy, Heroine and Magenta blush are DEFINITELY coming home to me
yahoo.gif
mac_haul.gif

Has it been fully processed though? If not, you won't be able to use the discount yet. It took them forever to get me "into the system" after it was already approved for some reason. So, you should make sure first :)

Piarpreet

not exited no more. i was hopinh it was blue!

Heroine swatches! Sorry about the crappy quality - my iphone is the best camera I have. I took pictures in different lighting and these are the closest to the true colour. To me it looks like a toned down violetta, maybe a little plummier/pinker. Very pretty, but was a little much on me. I think it'll look amazing on WOCs. These swatches are on NW20 skin.

Edit: Woo! Hundredth post!

OctoberViolet

I prefer my purples more blue or grey based as well. I'm still excited about buying Heroine though. It looks so pretty! I wouldn't mind a matte in a Go For It color. That was a nice blue based purple and one of my all time favorites.
th_e2cloud9.gif

Sugar & Spice

I was sure Heroine was bluer based so I didn't check it out but I will now after seeing the swatch cos there is a chance it'll look great on me.

liba

Same here, although I'm keeping my fingers crossed that depending on your lip color, Heroine might skew a little bluer irl.

Still, it's only a matter of time before we get a purple even better than Go For It, which is certainly one of my all time favorite lipsticks of any brand. The purple trend isn't going anywhere any time soon, so I think it's just a question of letting the clock keep ticking until the big day - maybe this summer, maybe by the winter time?

MAC should just bring back Epic, which is the most awesome greyish mid tone purple lipstick of all time. I still keep my tube (in the original straight tube packaging) just to look at, considering I'd be scared to put it on my lips at this point.

Feast your eyes:

and this photo is kind of off, color reproduction-wise.

singer82

Hmmm Heroine looks more like a berry color. I think I'll just get Violetta for my purple lip needs.

I'm still on the fence about Reel Sexy or WMS. Is WMS a must have for pale NC15 ladies? Or will it be ok to pass?

liba

Hmmm Heroine looks more like a berry color. I think I'll just get Violetta for my purple lip needs.

I'm still on the fence about Reel Sexy or WMS. Is WMS a must have for pale NC15 ladies? Or will it be ok to pass?
WMS is a beautiful color and very versatile, since it can look much pinker if you wear it as a stain, or much more coral if you give it a good thick coat (I'm NC15 with red lips). If you have Force of Love, you could maybe skip it, unless FoL is way too bright for your taste - WMS is a bit more muted.

I'd say WMS is kind of like FoL mixed with Hibiscus, or a more springtime Toxic Tale. It's definitely a great color for NC15, although I'd say it'll be better if your hair is black, auburn or platinum blonde, rather than medium brown or orangey red-head.

singer82

Thank you so much! I missed out on FOL sadly. But plan on getting Viva Glam Nicki. If wms is a more muted fol I'll prob get it! That sounds awesome
I am going to dye my hair dark brown with maroon highlights. Will it still look good?

WMS is a beautiful color and very versatile, since it can look much pinker if you wear it as a stain, or much more coral if you give it a good thick coat (I'm NC15 with red lips). If you have Force of Love, you could maybe skip it, unless FoL is way too bright for your taste - WMS is a bit more muted.
I'd say WMS is kind of like FoL mixed with Hibiscus, or a more springtime Toxic Tale. It's definitely a great color for NC15, although I'd say it'll be better if your hair is black, auburn or platinum blonde, rather than medium brown or orangey red-head.

OctoberViolet

[COLOR=FF00AA]Oh liba! Me wants epic l/s so so bad now! I had never heard of it. I hope they will repromote this & soon:eyelove::eyelove:[/COLOR]:eyelove:
Same here, although I'm keeping my fingers crossed that depending on your lip color, Heroine might skew a little bluer irl. 

Still, it's only a matter of time before we get a purple even better than Go For It, which is certainly one of my all time favorite lipsticks of any brand. The purple trend isn't going anywhere any time soon, so I think it's just a question of letting the clock keep ticking until the big day - maybe this summer, maybe by the winter time?

MAC should just bring back Epic, which is the most awesome greyish mid tone purple lipstick of all time. I still keep my tube (in the original straight tube packaging) just to look at, considering I'd be scared to put it on my lips at this point. 

Feast your eyes:

and this photo is kind of off, color reproduction-wise.

EmbalmerBabe

Could someone please tell me, I'm really out of the loop here is So Reel/ So Sexy supposed to be the summer collection
comparable to Surf Baby or To the Beach? Or is there another more "summery" collection still heading our way?
Thankyou very much I appreciate the clarification for those of you in the know!
type.gif

Mac-Guy

@piarpreet do you mean the spring trend lip palette?

I think she does. It's just a bit mixed up in a Piarpreetian fashion
girlhaha.gif

I still should have swatches of Pulse in my picture gallery for those who are interested in comparing it to Heroine. If I have some time, I'll swatch it side by side, though time is precious at the moment.

Anneri

Could someone please tell me, I'm really out of the loop here is So Reel/ So Sexy supposed to be the summer collection
comparable to Surf Baby or To the Beach? Or is there another more "summery" collection still heading our way?
Thankyou very much I appreciate the clarification for those of you in the know!
type.gif

Hey Sailor is this year's summer collection.
yes.gif