MAC So Reel / Reel Sexy discussion

mauvesheep

I went to Nordstrom to pick up Reel Sexy, Watch Me Simmer, and Lightscapade... I wound up buying Heirloom, Resort, and Whisper of Gilt also! I have some lipstick comparisons for you all! And a picture of the new Lightscapade:

edit: jeez, I need to lay off the coral lipsticks for awhile!

nudibelle

My order came in pink popcorn is GORGEOUS
imo its like a baby up the amp
and everyday casual up the amp
it pulls pink/lavender on my nc45 tanned skin but not garish
and after two hours still wearing nicely on me

but the killer is Star Quality
WOW!
its a coral hot pink thats best way i can describe it
PERFECT for spring
get backups ASAP

im going down to the mac store to pick up my holds, private screening and heirloom
my wallet hopes everything else is sold out

nudibelle

i also want to thank you ladies so much
if it wasnt for you wonderful ladies and this site
i would have missed out on so much stuff
april 1st i was able to order and get things ive been lusting over
i always waited till the day of launch and get so disappointed when id log online and it was sold out

thank u thank u

Piarpreet

pink popcorn is what i expected of flamingo....somehow this doesnt make sense lol but I expected flamingo to be pinker and pp to be purple-er

nikkimichelle

so girlies....just got back from my rounds at my mac counter....caved and got me some PP and heroine goodness...the color payoff on heroine is amazing...PP pulls more purple on me then pinkish....and PP is one of those colors that will either look good on some people or not..just that chance to take i guess....im veryyy happy with heroine...PP is average for me - dont hate it but dont love it...i'll wear it ...but im just bummed it doesnt look as good on me as some of you girlies...o well.. least i got my mac fix

aradhana

Really like Heirloom and Resort are gorgeous and glide so well over my skin, will get those too when I have cash. Magenta is pretty and loud and pretty and kinda chalky and pretty lol. As pretty as it is, I'm not loving it enough to buy. I love how my store had last year's lightscapade on display lol! Star Quality is a must have for me as well. Decided not to bu PP only because it looked like another regular ole pink lipstick on me, with a liner of course that will change.
yep...looked pretty plain ol pink on me...and super sheer...so i passed and picked up heroine only....which i love love love....

Mac-Guy

pink popcorn is what i expected of flamingo....somehow this doesnt make sense lol but I expected flamingo to be pinker and pp to be purple-er

To give MAC some credit, the shade is called PINK Popcorn and not PURPLE Popcorn. The only misleading information was the "lavender" description, though there is a hue of lavender in it. If you prime your lips, you might get a stronger lavender color pay off. PP is nice for somebody who want to venture into brighter colors, but is not ready for Heroine yet.

sillygirl82

I went to counter today. I got a backup of Watch Me Shimmer. It is just so pretty. And surprisingly, I bought Pink Popcorn. I wish that I didn't have two-toned lips. I tried it on with several different liners and I decided that I like it better on it's own. It will be go great with smoky eye looks. I wonder why they don't make a lavender lip liner.

I also bought Warm Thunder eyeshadow from the In Extra Dimension collection. Lightscapade stayed in the store. The associate was nice enough to scan them for and she said none of the ones that they had were excessively veined.

NATlar

I only have my eyes on two lipsticks out of this collection, Reel Sexy and Heroine. They wont be out in the store here till next month.

Teggy

I went to my counter and let my MA doll me up. I ended up liking both Pink Cult and Magenta blushes (Luckily, I had the presence of mind to tell him to apply magenta VERY lightly).

I wanted to try on Heroine to compare it to Violetta and I REALLY liked it. First and foremost, it's more opaque and has a matte finish. Violetta can be subtle...not so much Heroine. It was just really modern and vampy at the same time. I'm looking forward to wearing it with some black liquid eyeliner.

Shellcat

I hope your MAC store has a better batch than mine did. Wow. I checked out about 25 of them and they were all beige. Even worse than last years release. I got two last year with fairly decent veining. This year, not so much. Big FAIL!
Lightscapade is the one item that I'm unwilling to purchase online. I want a pretty blue one! I hope I can find one when I get to the store later today.
Quote: Originally Posted by baghdad81
The lightscapade they had was soooooooooooo pretty and blue!! I already have one so I didn't pick that up!

pmchaney

WOAH! major misunderstanding. WOW. i don't even know where to begin...

my main point was simply that i wish MAC would stick to it's release dates.

For the nearly the past year that I have been a fan of MAC and on this forum, this has been happening quite frequently. I dont think it has turned any off because if so, none of the products would sell out so quickly right now.
Life isn't fair. if you really want the products, you will stalk the site. Most of us DO and thats why we get the products. We put the effort and time in to stalk the site because we really want the products. How is that unfair? We want it more. And if we were really unfair, we wouldnt post on the forum when the products appear on the site or other store sites.
"it's crazy enough with all the collections coming out constantly," Okay, why does MAC need to make more of something when there is so many other products it releases? MAC doesn't need to make more so that everyone can enjoy because it is constantly releasing new things. if you cant get something from one collection, you can get something from another collection at the same time. it doesnt need to make a bazzillion of one lipstick because all of the lipsticks it releases at the same time would equal just enough. And I think the word here is "LIMITED" which means " restricted to a specified number of copies". The lipsticks are NOT permanent. They are limited edition. Therefore there will be a certain amount of available and if you miss out, too bad. Thats how the world works.
There are certain things I'm sure most of the members here are guilty of: backing up products and hunting down limited edition items. Which is not bad. We back things up when we know we like it, will use it and will need another for when the first product runs out. We also go about hunting down items that we previously weren't able to get (like when there was a hunt for the iris apfel lippies or even Candy Yum Yum) this just means that we have a high desire to own that item.
So tell me how is the system unfair? The world isn't fair for starters. But unlike you who just complained about MAC, the rest of us waited and stalked the site to get exactly the items we wanted or otherwise are continuing to stalk the site in case of a restock or even hunting around for people who bought to many and buy it off them. We had a higher desire to own these products so I think its fair. Thats just how the world works.
And for your last point, MAC and other online stores do have rules where people arent allowed to buy more than a certain number of the same product. If in the future you want an item so badly, stalk the site like the rest of us. I started stalking the site more than a week before the release date and I live in Australia.

Richelle83

Has anyone tried layering Pink Popcorn OVER Heroine? For the purpose of scientific research and all...

I did....LOVED it! It didn't look like Violetta which is good. Somehow the combo still looks very purple, still pretty bold. It actually reminds me of OCC's lip tar in Hoochie.

pmchaney

"life isn't fair" really? i didn't know that (insert sarcasm)

"we want it more" more than who? talk about a general statement.

"if you really want the products, you will stalk the site." Duh, that's how i get all my products. my point is i wish for the sake of everyone that they would stick to the release date. so, that people would not have to stalk a cosmetic sight. i have been loyal to MAC for 20 years.

"if you miss out too bad. that's how the world works." HAHAHA! this statement of yours is laughable.

"But unlike you who just complained about MAC, the rest of us waited and stalked the site to get exactly the items we wanted" Congratulations! that's how i got exactly the items i wanted too.

missah, thanks to your rude and ridiculous reply i will no longer be posting on this sight. you win. enjoy.

For the nearly the past year that I have been a fan of MAC and on this forum, this has been happening quite frequently. I dont think it has turned any off because if so, none of the products would sell out so quickly right now.
Life isn't fair. if you really want the products, you will stalk the site. Most of us DO and thats why we get the products. We put the effort and time in to stalk the site because we really want the products. How is that unfair? We want it more. And if we were really unfair, we wouldnt post on the forum when the products appear on the site or other store sites.
"it's crazy enough with all the collections coming out constantly," Okay, why does MAC need to make more of something when there is so many other products it releases? MAC doesn't need to make more so that everyone can enjoy because it is constantly releasing new things. if you cant get something from one collection, you can get something from another collection at the same time. it doesnt need to make a bazzillion of one lipstick because all of the lipsticks it releases at the same time would equal just enough. And I think the word here is "LIMITED" which means " restricted to a specified number of copies". The lipsticks are NOT permanent. They are limited edition. Therefore there will be a certain amount of available and if you miss out, too bad. Thats how the world works.
There are certain things I'm sure most of the members here are guilty of: backing up products and hunting down limited edition items. Which is not bad. We back things up when we know we like it, will use it and will need another for when the first product runs out. We also go about hunting down items that we previously weren't able to get (like when there was a hunt for the iris apfel lippies or even Candy Yum Yum) this just means that we have a high desire to own that item.
So tell me how is the system unfair? The world isn't fair for starters. But unlike you who just complained about MAC, the rest of us waited and stalked the site to get exactly the items we wanted or otherwise are continuing to stalk the site in case of a restock or even hunting around for people who bought to many and buy it off them. We had a higher desire to own these products so I think its fair. Thats just how the world works.
And for your last point, MAC and other online stores do have rules where people arent allowed to buy more than a certain number of the same product. If in the future you want an item so badly, stalk the site like the rest of us. I started stalking the site more than a week before the release date and I live in Australia.

Polaris

So, I only ended up with only Reel Sexy for this collection. I might go back and get Pink Popcorn but I'm still very undecided. If anyone wants to talk me into it I wouldn't mind it...
amuse.gif

Asphyxia

Pink Popcorn left a gorgeous stain/sheen on my lips today that lasted from 11am to about 5pm (light drinking and snacking). My lips did get a little dry, but it was nothing some clear lip balm couldn't solve. It's not the best color, but still beautiful and worth adding to the collection. Overall, it is a nice wearable color for day and night.

Icecaramellatte

Hmm, I have WMS and I've never paired it with anything... I usually wear it straight from the tube .... very bold lip indeed! What glosses do you have in mind? I think I may try topping WMS with Star Quality cremesheen glass ... I know for sure it will darken WMS though.

I don't really know. I have so many but I did try it with a Lancome reddish pink gloss I've worn maybe one time and it brought out the pink. I'm thinking of pairing it with a sheer gold gloss I have.

Boasorte

I went to 2 MAC stores and one counter and they were all sold out of the lipsticks! On my 4th try I finally found them. I must say, I LOVE HERIONE. It's everything that I wanted Go For It lipstick to be. It does stain and leave a nice color on my lips, I don't mind it. I got 2.

I also hauled WMS (Love it) and Pink Popcorn. I don't like PP though, I wore it earlier today and I just don't like how it looks on me.