MAC So Reel / Reel Sexy discussion

HoneyMilk

Swatched PP beforing trying my tube at home. It's way pink on me but I suspect it'll lean more purple on my purplely lips :) I also swatched PC at the store. Instant need! I can't wait to play around with these. My store was sold out of a lot but still had ANGEL FLAME quads at the register. Like a lot of them. Lol

Miss Dynamite

Gave in and bought Lightscapade from the MAC site...not a single vein on it, it was purely beige. Hell if it didn't have the sheen on it, I could use the thing as an all over face powder cause it's the same color as my skin. Makes me sad that all my purchases from this collection weren't really any good.

badassSENORiTA

I only got Heroine & Reel Sexy lipsticks :/ I wanted to get a backup of WMS but I'm on a tight budget
since my job likes to cut hours -_- Pink Popcorn was pretty but I had to layer it A LOT to cover my
natural lip color, didn't realize how red & pigmented they are, I liked the color but it wasn't worth the
$ to be layering on so much to get the look I wanted

Babylard

I understand your fustrations, especially when you expect the collection to be released on the expected date. I think its unfair, especially for people who do not know how MAC opperates. I've been with MAC for over 4 years and only recently have I learned that MAC goes live with their LE stuff a lot earlier than release date. Not everyone knows about forums and stalking and stuff. Maybe there will be a restock and you'll be able to get what you wanted. I know I am fortunate to be in Canada where things get sold out a lot slower than the U.S. I would be just as upset and would have probably missed out on a lot of things if I was in the U.S.

*hugs* Specktra is a welcoming community and with the internet comes misunderstandings. I hope you'll still stay with us.

duckrodeo

I'm in a Guinness-induced stupor at the moment and I'm having fun swatching my new products!
rasta.gif

Aside from me lookin' a hot mess with mis-matched colors, a picture at a funky angle and having worn my eyeshadow for 12+ hours, here's a lip swatch of Reel Sexy (no lip liners or gloss, just straight up RS):

I definitely love it more than I thought I would! It's almost a somewhat ish neutral color on me and perfect for summer! I'm rather undecided on whether a liner is necessary. On one hand, it would define the lip area, on the other hand I worry that it would make it appear like my lips are floating above my face.

The main thing I would like to note is that for me, this lipstick seems like Nicki Minaj in the streakiness factor. It takes a little patience and having plenty hydrated lips to apply the color evenly.

liba

I'm in a Guinness-induced stupor at the moment and I'm having fun swatching my new products!
rasta.gif

Aside from me lookin' a hot mess with mis-matched colors, a picture at a funky angle and having worn my eyeshadow for 12+ hours, here's a lip swatch of Reel Sexy (no lip liners or gloss, just straight up RS):

I definitely love it more than I thought I would! It's almost a somewhat ish neutral color on me and perfect for summer! I'm rather undecided on whether a liner is necessary. On one hand, it would define the lip area, on the other hand I worry that it would make it appear like my lips are floating above my face.

The main thing I would like to note is that for me, this lipstick seems like Nicki Minaj in the streakiness factor. It takes a little patience and having plenty hydrated lips to apply the color evenly.
You've got the softer side of RS down pat in your look- so pretty!

I wore RS all day today and it's really fantastic. I definitely like it more than Jazzed. It's exactly the same color as Jazzed but it looks brighter, being an Amplified. Another great thing about it being Amplified is it turns into a GREAT stain without any caking or streaking. It stays on perfectly that way, even after eating a whole meal. I would have never expected such a light color to leave such a true-to-shade stain the way it does.

If you loved Jazzed and wish you had a BU, or want something more versatile than Jazzed, that can be made much brighter or much softer, or if Jazzed didn't apply as evenly as you would like, Reel Sexy is a must have. I think it's WAAAAY better than Flamingo, at least on my NC15 skin. Try it blotted down lightly if it seems a little weird at first - you will be impressed!

Also, I'm officially going to need to back up Resort - it's the best purple liner I've found for my coloring since DSquared V greasepaint stick. It's a color that looks very purple, but also very soft and lovely, not harsh or too rock 'n roll slut. 'Might read a bit too red for some colorings, at least for the water line, but if you can get away with a reddish cast in your liners (like Raven, Almost Noir p/g, etc.) you will be glad you got it.

Sugar & Spice

You're so pretty!! See that is why I didn't get RS because Ravishing looks EXACTLY like that on me. RS pulled more peach but it wasn't really flattering and I would have had to tweek it to get it to look how I want which wouldn't have been worth it. It looks great on you! I also see the "chrome" you spoke of with Pink Popcorn! It looks amazing when the light hits it and you see the pink/purple duel effect. Its defiantly a "daytime" lippie and I usually don't buy lusters but I can see how the luster formula was probably the best to use to create Pink Popcorn.

rasta.gif

peachsuns

duckrodeo, Reel Sexy looks beautiful on you! My MA was rocking RS today, too. She said she wore RS over something. I think it was some liner. Sorry, I didn't catch it. RS looked soft and pretty on her. The Popsicle orange shade scared me, and I even didn't try it. I may have made a mistake. Haha. It's already sold out at my store.

Thank you so much for sharing!
heart.gif

wishonastar

Jazzed is one of my favourite lipsticks, I've been wearing it so much lately too. I am going to get two tubes of Reel Sexy when it is released here as it is so similar.

Piarpreet

both missah and pmchaney: we CAN have different opinions and still share this site. Come on! it's make up, remember? :)

pemily

both missah and pmchaney: we CAN have different opinions and still share this site. Come on! it's make up, remember? :)

Quote: Originally Posted by pmchaney

"life isn't fair" really? i didn't know that (insert sarcasm)

"we want it more" more than who? talk about a general statement.

"if you really want the products, you will stalk the site." Duh, that's how i get all my products. my point is i wish for the sake of everyone that they would stick to the release date. so, that people would not have to stalk a cosmetic sight. i have been loyal to MAC for 20 years.

"if you miss out too bad. that's how the world works." HAHAHA! this statement of yours is laughable.

"But unlike you who just complained about MAC, the rest of us waited and stalked the site to get exactly the items we wanted" Congratulations! that's how i got exactly the items i wanted too.

missah, thanks to your rude and ridiculous reply i will no longer be posting on this sight. you win. enjoy.
Agreed!!!

SweetSarah

I bought PP and Star Quality. RS was okay, but not great. I'm still debating Heroine.

Any thoughts on the rest of the cremesheens?

amynicolaox

Result - Watch Me Simmer doesn't show up too red on my skin, it's pretty true to colour for me! This means back-up here I come!

Knope2012

Weirdly, Reel Sexy looks better blotted down on me than doing a full layer. I'm not sure why, but that seems to help it cover my lip color more closely. I do like it with Strange Potion l/g.

NessaMBaby

Gave in and bought Lightscapade from the MAC site...not a single vein on it, it was purely beige. Hell if it didn't have the sheen on it, I could use the thing as an all over face powder cause it's the same color as my skin. Makes me sad that all my purchases from this collection weren't really any good.
I'm so disappointed with my lightscapade. As well. It's purely beige ,no Veining at all. =-/ and I bought it at my counter ,o well. I guess I'll use it as a all over sheer highlighter as well.

Mac-Guy

I'm so disappointed with my lightscapade. As well. It's purely beige ,no Veining at all. =-/ and I bought it at my counter ,o well. I guess I'll use it as a all over sheer highlighter as well.

The new LC's seem to be really veining-less, at least then ones at my store. Also the base color is more beige with yellow hues. I'm glad I stocked up on Bluescapades in the Fall.