MAC So Reel / Reel Sexy discussion

mac_aiken

@Babylard: MAC makes a really nice retractable lip brush. Been using it for years. I have 4 of them.

RS was a cheap collection for me. Got Reel Sexy and Purple Popcorn and B2M'd for them (would have added WMS but I have 2 already).

Mac-Guy

@Babylard: MAC makes a really nice retractable lip brush. Been using it for years. I have 4 of them.

RS was a cheap collection for me. Got Reel Sexy and Purple Popcorn and B2M'd for them (would have added WMS but I have 2 already).

The 318 is indeed much nicer than the 316. Gotta love a retractable lip brush. I use it at home and on the go.

amynicolaox

Do you find it settles in to your lip lines at all? TIA!

No, it didn't settle for me, I really liked its pigmentation for a cremesheen glass too, it could definitely be worn alone without looking crazy! The other lighter cremesheen glasses I've had (partial to pink/boy bait) were no where near as great and definitely settled into lines

Genn

I just tried on PP. I <3 it! If I had known how much I was going to like it I would BU when I was at the mall. My package came after I left for an apointment so I didnt have a chance to look at anything. I was excited to see my mac store actually still had a lot of things. I was surprised to see all the lipsticks were still in stock but Private Screeing and Star Qaulity were sold out. I bought Heirloom but it doenst seem to show up on me very well but it does brighten up my blue eyes a lot.

rosieposie75

My PP should be here on Monday, can't wait to try it on! I picked up Pink Cult from my counter today, it is a great neutral, everyday color for me.

aradhana

i wore heroine today....loooove this lipstick!
got a lot of compliments...from some very unlikely people i might add...
i wore it with a kind of smokey brown eye (not ott or anything), FoJ high on cheekbones and a little on apples, and coygirl to kinda contour...

duckrodeo

This is why Amplifieds are not my favorite finish. I don't totally dislike them, but I prefer these new matte formulas. I also like the Lustres. Cremesheens can drying, but aren't bad. I only have one Glaze (Hue) and one Satin (VGN), so I don't feel justified in making a judgement on those yet.
I like amplifieds for their versatility without being too drying. They also last longer on the lips. I don't own any glazes, but I think Satins can get a little cakey and on my lips it reaches exactly the 2 hour mark and my lips shrivel up. They're very drying on me, so I have to really prep and prime my lips prior to applying Satins because otherwise my lips will be parched city. My favorites are lustres because they play with the natural lip color really well, and are good "every day" wear.

Polaris

No, it didn't settle for me, I really liked its pigmentation for a cremesheen glass too, it could definitely be worn alone without looking crazy! The other lighter cremesheen glasses I've had (partial to pink/boy bait) were no where near as great and definitely settled into lines
I wasn't really lemming any of the lighter ones ever since I saw Temptalia's swatches.

peachsuns

Temperature Rising or something? LOL I'm looking forward to the lip pencils from Hey Sailor. NYX's lip liner sounds fun, too! Thank you!
cutey.gif

nikkimichelle

wow....reel sexy is very intense on my lips...i dont think id be able to pull off a heavy application of it on my lips...def. have to blot it and tone it down a little with a gloss...for some odd reason i thought on my lips it would look like it did on T's lips...wishful thinking...it looks like a nudeyish creamsicle color on her...and me = neon orange ..anyone have any good suggestions on what to pair with reel sexy ? like glosses, liners...anything would be helpful..just frustrating because i really really love the lippes from this collection but 2 out of the 4 just dont really work that well on me...*sigh*

Haven

On my NW 20 face, RS looks ok only if blotted down. I wore it yesterday with LS liner & no gloss, Lovecloud, & WOG - got several compliments that I looked refreshed & springy. Definately wearing that combo again!!

As a working mom with small boys under 8, I struggle to look awake let alone refreshed!

shontay07108

Went to my local Mac today just for kicks. All of these lipsticks were gone except the Popcorn one. Pink Popcorn? Whatever. That's all that was gone. I bought Star Quality Cremesheen. So glad I did b/c it's gorgeous. Right up my alley and I guess because my lips are pigmented, Cremesheens never look uneven on me. I also bought Heirloom. I don't have a shade of eyeliner like that, so...there ya go.

GlamQueen21

I caved and ordered Star Quality c/g. I cannot wait to get it! I will order Magenta blush, Cinestyle c/g and Private Screening c/g soon.

Mac-Guy

My store sold out of Cinestyle, the manager was so confused as to why since Borealis(daphne) is still in the drawer.

I think I'm the only one who BU-ed Borealis. IMO, it's gorgeous over Restrict l/s as it adds a tint to grey without being milky.