MAC Spring '14 Trend Forecast

Yazmin

These should be an easy skip for me. I say that now...

have you seen the lip palette. I am about to order mine now. I can't wait to use the Fall 13 palette.
I saw earlier that they were available on MAC's website. It's still a skip, thankfully.

martiangurll

I saw earlier that they were available on MAC's website. It's still a skip, thankfully.
I really like the lip palette, but I think I have near dupes for the shades. the price is economical for all those colors, albeit you get less product than a tube. I think I will pass though. the eye palette I am not sure I like the shadow colors. it could just be that I am in Fall mode and cannot imagine wearing those colors right now. I don't usually wear pastel colors on the eye though, even in the Spring--I stick with brights or neutrals. money saved
2cents.gif

do8666

Has anyone found swatches for the eye palette yet? I want to buy really bad but I'd like to see swatches first...

ksaelee

thought I would share my pictures :) the frost finish colors actually aren't frosty at all, they look like cremesheen/ cremesheen pearls instead

Miss Dynamite

I would love a Paint Pot the same color as Fashion Tip. I'm still debating buying this because I know I will NEVER use the 3 brown colors, and $40 is a lot of money for 3 colors that aren't gonna last very long due to the size.

martiangurll

March Mist is awesome! I want it as a paint pot
eyelove.gif

I wonder if the 3 pink/peach colors can be used as lipsticks too
th_dunno.gif

Would be great!

Thank you for sharing!!!
If that were the case, I'd get it because I don't think they will work around the eye for me--I will look too much like a bunny rabbit with a raging case of conjunctivitis. I would love to use them as cheek or lip products though.

These are too creamy to work as a base right? I have the eye palette from Fall and tried to use one as a liner, that sucker was smeared all over the place less than 3 hours later. It is a real shame because the Fall colors are gorgeous. Now I am torn about whether to keep it or not. I may try setting it with a powder product. I am with you in wanting March Mist as a PP! That would be gorgeous.

MACina

If that were the case, I'd get it because I don't think they will work around the eye for me--I will look too much like a bunny rabbit with a raging case of conjunctivitis. I would love to use them as cheek or lip products though.

These are too creamy to work as a base right? I have the eye palette from Fall and tried to use one as a liner, that sucker was smeared all over the place less than 3 hours later. It is a real shame because the Fall colors are gorgeous. Now I am torn about whether to keep it or not. I may try setting it with a powder product. I am with you in wanting March Mist as a PP! That would be gorgeous.
th_e2cloud9.gif
....hopefully they will release such a paint pot.Some of the new paint pots resemble colors from the Spring 2013 palette so there is
at least a little hope.

ksaelee

You can use the colors from the eye palette on your lips, but the color April in Paris is not recommended for use on lips :)

MRV

I have the Spring '13 palettes and I have used the e/s mostly as a base. They are not PPs though. I'm not sure what the best way to use these is. That's why I won't be buying more.

LauraLara

Hey ladies, so I just ordered the fall 15 trend lip palette, because I like lip palettes (even though I use them more as blushes since I feel like it's harder to get opaque coverage from a palette), but this is the third time in a row I'm passing up an eye palette. I always love the colors, but I have oily eyelids. Are they good enough bases that you would recommend them? Like if I use the minty color would it make a minty eyeshadow (powder) look minty-ER? Or could they be funny color lipsticks? Like I could use the mahogany color for an ombre lip with red in the middle. I'm tempted to get one just to try it, like the fall 15 yellow eye color could be a good base since I always have trouble getting my yellow eyeshadows to pop. But if that's my issue I may as well get the yellow chromaline (which I might already have...). I noticed there's no thread for the fall 15 colors, and the older eye palettes are still available on the website. If you all have the same questions as I do, I could order the new eye palette and do swatches and everything for you guys. I feel like it would be worth the 40$ if it was at least useful in helping someone else make a decision. Let me know if you have any opinions or if you want me to get the new palette and swatch it for you! Thanks!