MAC Strength Collection Discussion (December 2012)

liba

I finally wore Absolute Power for the first time Today. I am in love. This is the perfect combination of red/pink for me. It is like my pin up girl red. I don't know why I waited so long and hope MAC brings this back out. Were there any dupes?
AP is one of my top best reds too. It's a bit deeper, but Runaway Red is pretty much the closest I own for the same type of effect. I adore them both. I'd say they're in the top 3 with Ronnie Red for all my cooler reds, but Ronnie Red is much more of a springtime sort of red on me.

I'm not a giant fan of Love Goddess - it's too changeable on me and it's always a toss up if it's going to just look totally pink rather than red. Honestly, none of the Marilyn reds are my top favorites. It's all about Runaway Red, AP, Scarlet Ibis and Ronnie Red; and Prepare For Pleasure is moving up fast!

MissTT

Ah, dear liba. Am I hearing you say no need for a prudent person to chase down Runaway Red if they own Absolute Power? (Yeah so what it's still in the box somewhere in the basement totally unswatched...)

liba

Ah, dear liba. Am I hearing you say no need for a prudent person to chase down Runaway Red if they own Absolute Power? (Yeah so what it's still in the box somewhere in the basement totally unswatched...)
They're not EXACTLY the same. Runaway Red is deeper, while AP is what I'd call more jewel-toned. AP is a skootch more dressy, imo, but that's pretty subjective. Do you have BUs of AP? If you do, the anti-enabler in me says get Runaway Red if it happens to fall into your lap at cost, but if you only have one AP anyways and you wish it was a little darker, then yeah, you might need to hunt down RR.

I have 2 of each and feel quite future-proofed, since they both wear so well - don't need to use much or reapply much. Now Strong Woman, on the other hand….I'm really sorry I didn't back that one up when I could. It turned out to get even more love than the reds, just because sometimes even the most beautiful red lipstick is too "normal" for what I want, lol.
smash.gif

Edit: hahaha, I reread your post more carefully….if you haven't even swatched AP yet and don't know if you love it or not, yeah I don't think you need to worry about Runaway Red yet (unless it seriously drops right into your hands from heaven).

MissTT

You missed the part where I said I haven't even swatched AP.
blush-anim-cl.gif
I think I just like to collect pretty things. I do like a deeper red so Runaway may still be in the cards. I wish I would have backed up Strong Woman, too. I like it better than Heroine. I haven't worn it in a long while though. The weather has changed so I'll be reaching for it in the coming days.

Naughtyp

How funny , I decided to wear strong woman today! I love it! I havent even worn it outside my house since I bought it! I like it better than heroine on me too. I actually haven't work any of the lippies from this collection that much. I need to fix that lol

liba

You missed the part where I said I haven't even swatched AP.
blush-anim-cl.gif
I think I just like to collect pretty things. I do like a deeper red so Runaway may still be in the cards. I wish I would have backed up Strong Woman, too. I like it better than Heroine. I haven't worn it in a long while though. The weather has changed so I'll be reaching for it in the coming days.
LOL, I caught that and edited my post before your post came online!
peace2.gif

Strong Woman is so perfect for the colder months - the day that one gets repromoted (if ever), I am going to go bananas. It's one of the very few colors I have that I have a serious rationing mentality about. I kind of have the feeling that one isn't going to come back the way Heroine did, though. So sad.

LouGarner

You missed the part where I said I haven't even swatched AP. :blush:  I think I just like to collect pretty things. I do like a deeper red so Runaway may still be in the cards. I wish I would have backed up Strong Woman, too. I like it better than Heroine. I haven't worn it in a long while though. The weather has changed so I'll be reaching for it in the coming days.
I love strong woman.
How funny , I decided to wear strong woman today! I love it! I havent even worn it outside my house since I bought it! I like it better than heroine on me too. I actually haven't work any of the lippies from this collection that much. I need to fix that lol
yes, you do lol

purplevines

Is that from the punk collection? I'm avoiding the thread for now because I don't want to face how broke I will be on December 26th!

liba

Is that from the punk collection? I'm avoiding the thread for now because I don't want to face how broke I will be on December 26th!
yepppp.
devil.gif

I'm basically going to skip the Magnetic Nudes lipsticks/glosses in lieu of the Punk Couture lippies, but am going to get 2-3 Huggable Lip Colours. It's going to be an $$$$$$ day.

MRV

They're not EXACTLY the same. Runaway Red is deeper, while AP is what I'd call more jewel-toned. AP is a skootch more dressy, imo, but that's pretty subjective. Do you have BUs of AP? If you do, the anti-enabler in me says get Runaway Red if it happens to fall into your lap at cost, but if you only have one AP anyways and you wish it was a little darker, then yeah, you might need to hunt down RR.

I have 2 of each and feel quite future-proofed, since they both wear so well - don't need to use much or reapply much. Now Strong Woman, on the other hand….I'm really sorry I didn't back that one up when I could. It turned out to get even more love than the reds, just because sometimes even the most beautiful red lipstick is too "normal" for what I want, lol.
smash.gif

Edit: hahaha, I reread your post more carefully….if you haven't even swatched AP yet and don't know if you love it or not, yeah I don't think you need to worry about Runaway Red yet (unless it seriously drops right into your hands from heaven).
yes.gif
I think I have to pull out all the reds you mention (just that I have issues with blue reds..), and Strong Woman needs some inspection, too. I even happen to have an accidental BU of it.