MAC Studio Sculpt Collection- ( March 13, 2014)

Ayanna

I need to get a good sculpting cream. Texture and consistency wise, how do these compare to Studio Finish concealers? I know they're completely different products but studio finish is my only point of reference when it comes to Mac's cream products.

bluelitzer

https://twitter.com/TheGlossMag/status/440447336334893056/photo/1
The one-side comb style mascara wand is my HG mascara. I have one from Maybelline that was released in asia and I hoard it so I don't run out. I'm glad to find out MAC has one too.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
The one-side comb style mascara wand is my HG mascara. I have one from Maybelline that was released in asia and I hoard it so I don't run out. I'm glad to find out MAC has one too.
Really? And I was thinking how odd those comb brushes are. Maybe I need to try one like that.

bluelitzer

I would guess that's what it is, since they're called Sculpt, Shade & Line.

Really? And I was thinking how odd those comb brushes are. Maybe I need to try one like that.

Not my image, credit for photo goes to: http://www.mywomenstuff.com/2009/05/maybelline-volume-express-hypercurl-cat-eyes-mascara-meow/

This is the cat eyes mascara from maybelline. I have thin and sparse lashes and I found these are much better making my eye lashes look more visible than the traditional brush wands. :)

MACina

I love it too
heart.gif

Now I am definitely getting this mascara!

xfarrax

really excited for the sculpted creams i missed out last time!! stock was so limited too, is that date mentioned the same for a uk release too?

Prettypackages

I wish they'd bring these back, I'd like to try them again. I can't remember which color I used, but when I used it, it broke my skin out...

DarylandCarole

I use Coffee Walnut lightly. It's somewhat dramatic, but the others that came out originally in the range were all too orange for my tastes. For less drama, I've switched to using Stormy Pink paint pot. That one works great as a soft contour color on me. I'm NC15/neutral now, since I'm at my palest.
I'm super pale since it's been a long winter! Coffee Walnut looks so dark online. Is it really better than Pure Sculpture for a pale chick?

patentg33k

I'm super pale since it's been a long winter! Coffee Walnut looks so dark online. Is it really better than Pure Sculpture for a pale chick?
I'm NC15--Pure Sculpture is easier because it's closer to my natural skin tone (it's warm, though). I can use any of these, but with something like coffee walnut i have to be super careful w/the amount that I use. The key to coffee walnut is slight dab with a duo-fibre and blend blend blend. If you are happy with Pure Sculpture, I don't think you 'need' coffee walnut. That said, the colors are completely different so you wouldn't have dupes if you did get CW.

Edit to add: Here's a blogger using CW--she's quite light in skin tone. I'd blend it out even more than she has, but you can get a general idea here.

http://www.magi-mania.de/mac-pro-sculpting-cream-accentuate-coffee-walnut-im-einsatz/

DarylandCarole

I'm NC15--Pure Sculpture is easier because it's closer to my natural skin tone (it's warm, though).  I can use any of these, but with something like coffee walnut i have to be super careful w/the amount that I use. The key to coffee walnut is slight dab with a duo-fibre and blend blend blend. If you are happy with Pure Sculpture, I don't think you 'need' coffee walnut. That said, the colors are completely different so you wouldn't have dupes if you did get CW. Edit to add:  Here's a blogger using CW--she's quite light in skin tone. I'd blend it out even more than she has, but you can get a general idea here. http://www.magi-mania.de/mac-pro-sculpting-cream-accentuate-coffee-walnut-im-einsatz/
Great link! It is dark. I have the sculpting powder so I might just stick with it, unless all if you think this is significantly better. Right now I'm an NC5 in powder. Pretty pale! No sense in tanning in the Northeast winters since the only skin people see is your face and hands.

erine1881

I'm NC15--Pure Sculpture is easier because it's closer to my natural skin tone (it's warm, though).  I can use any of these, but with something like coffee walnut i have to be super careful w/the amount that I use. The key to coffee walnut is slight dab with a duo-fibre and blend blend blend. If you are happy with Pure Sculpture, I don't think you 'need' coffee walnut. That said, the colors are completely different so you wouldn't have dupes if you did get CW. Edit to add:  Here's a blogger using CW--she's quite light in skin tone. I'd blend it out even more than she has, but you can get a general idea here. http://www.magi-mania.de/mac-pro-sculpting-cream-accentuate-coffee-walnut-im-einsatz/
I think the intensity is fine. She just has it way too high!