MAC Studio Sculpt Collection- ( March 13, 2014)

honey on boost

Just got the email for this. My mother in law is going to looove this mascara. She's been searching for something like this since Lancôme discontinued her HG mascara. I should give it a try too.

dash4

I bought the Coffee Walnut - it looks a little dark for my skin but I will just use a light hand with it.. but I like the color better than the Pure Scripture (which looks a bit orange to me??)..

This has probably been posted elsewhere but I got an email this morning from Mac offering overnight shipping with the code: NEXT ...

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
Just placed an order for 2x Coffee Walnut. I can't wait to try it!
pompom.gif

mosha010

I bought the Coffee Walnut - it looks a little dark for my skin but I will just use a light hand with it.. but I like the color better than the Pure Scripture (which looks a bit orange to me??)..

This has probably been posted elsewhere but I got an email this morning from Mac offering overnight shipping with the code: NEXT ...
Can u post a swatch ?

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
Is Studio Sculpt Lash permanent?

Edited: Never mind. It looks it is permanent. I'd like to try it, but I'll wait a little while.

dash4

I got my Coffee Walnut and I *love* it.. It is NOT too dark for me at all... and if you're darker skinned - you can "build it up"... I can't swatch it though because my phone shattered :( -- (only camera that I own) but I have insurance and my new phone will be here either tomorrow or Friday..

I was just snooping Mac's website - and both sculpting creams are OOS on that website... Crazy. I didn't think so many people would be into them??? I love cream products, but I know a lot of people don't (especially people with oily skin... my skin is dry to normal)..

Ayanna

Tried CW today, its no bueno on my skin tone. It was very muddy with hints of olive on me.

liba

I miss you guys!!! Haven't had a lot of time lately.

I wanted to come in and say I tried out the Studio Sculpt Lash a while ago and I LOVE that brush! It's fantastic for making really THICK lashes. I'd been using the Masterclass linear brush on my lashes to fluff them up after applying mascara and I find the SSL does the same thing even more effectively, without having to go through that extra step. I like the mascara formula itself too - it's nice and light and not wet. I was bummed about regular Opulash getting axed, but this will be a great replacement for a very natural, youthful mascara. 'Normally I don't get worked up about mascara and never rush out to buy the new ones - I'm usually fine to just try when I need a brand new tube, but this one I'm going to make a point of buying tomorrow and it's going to become my daily wear mascara.

liba

If you have any olive or sallow tones in your skin, even if you're fair, CW is a very nice contour. Just expect it to be rather dramatic, especially if you're fair. It's more of what I'd consider a glamorous look, rather than something "My Cheeks But Better", but with a beautiful highlight on top and very minimal makeup for the rest of the face and a very simple, sleek hairstyle, like a chignon or long hair slicked back, it's a sexy look. I still have mine from the last release and don't wear it all the time, but it always looks good when I do.

liba

Thanks Liba, always great to hear your reviews!

xoxox
Hi sweetie! I'm never going to get caught up on all these threads.
blink.gif
Hope you're doing great.

Somehow, most of the spring collections have been a little underwhelming for me - this mascara is the only thing that's exciting me other than those Patentpolishes when they blow in. My Huggables are getting maximum use and I'm a fan of the new Mineralize gloss, although I restrained my purchases, because Patentpolish time is almost here. I'm ready to fully dive into my FoF looks, now that it's well and truly springtime, though! Not everyone was thrilled with that collection, but I've been finding it effortless, fun and flirty - colorful cats eyes, soft lipstick and those beautiful blushes and boom - perfect springtime sweetness.

Meanwhile, Spring has truly sprung around here and I took on a big project of redesigning my tiny beloved garden, which had turned back mostly into dirt the past couple of years with all my health issues. I went into tornado mode and now have a lovely new family of flowers and plants - I decided to turn everything into a romantic early Victorian feeling, like the Italian villa of visiting Brits, with geraniums and pansies and masses of thyme as ground cover, and Seville orange and grapefruit trees. Gorgeous hellebore in the shade, which I'll compliment with ornamental leaf begonias and asparagus fern. Already had mature succulents, white oleander, stephanotis and honeysuckle and a few orchids. When everything starts growing in in a month, I'll post some snaps! I'm not over makeup yet, but a garden adds life in special ways that even the most fabulous makeup just barely can touch.
back2topic.gif

User38

Hi sweetie! I'm never going to get caught up on all these threads.
blink.gif
Hope you're doing great.

Somehow, most of the spring collections have been a little underwhelming for me - this mascara is the only thing that's exciting me other than those Patentpolishes when they blow in. My Huggables are getting maximum use and I'm a fan of the new Mineralize gloss, although I restrained my purchases, because Patentpolish time is almost here. I'm ready to fully dive into my FoF looks, now that it's well and truly springtime, though! Not everyone was thrilled with that collection, but I've been finding it effortless, fun and flirty - colorful cats eyes, soft lipstick and those beautiful blushes and boom - perfect springtime sweetness.

Meanwhile, Spring has truly sprung around here and I took on a big project of redesigning my tiny beloved garden, which had turned back mostly into dirt the past couple of years with all my health issues. I went into tornado mode and now have a lovely new family of flowers and plants - I decided to turn everything into a romantic early Victorian feeling, like the Italian villa of visiting Brits, with geraniums and pansies and masses of thyme as ground cover, and Seville orange and grapefruit trees. Gorgeous hellebore in the shade, which I'll compliment with ornamental leaf begonias and asparagus fern. Already had mature succulents, white oleander, stephanotis and honeysuckle and a few orchids. When everything starts growing in in a month, I'll post some snaps! I'm not over makeup yet, but a garden adds life in special ways that even the most fabulous makeup just barely can touch.
back2topic.gif
I am doing well Liba.. ty and big hugs back
th_hug.gif

your garden sounds MAGNIFICENT!!.. so lovely and so sophisticated! enjoy and treasure, it truly invigorates the mind and all the senses.
yes.gif

dash4

If you have any olive or sallow tones in your skin, even if you're fair, CW is a very nice contour. Just expect it to be rather dramatic, especially if you're fair. It's more of what I'd consider a glamorous look, rather than something "My Cheeks But Better", but with a beautiful highlight on top and very minimal makeup for the rest of the face and a very simple, sleek hairstyle, like a chignon or long hair slicked back, it's a sexy look. I still have mine from the last release and don't wear it all the time, but it always looks good when I do.
It really isn't dramatic on me, because it is SO creamy and blends like a dream. I am "light" skinned - NW20 in Mac Mineralize Moisture foundation matches my skin color perfectly. You can easily wipe away a lot of the contour if you blend too much because of the consistency... I use one swipe of the cream, then blend and it looks perfect.. Since it is so creamy - it needs to be set with a powder; otherwise, I can see it "disappearing" during the day. I used Benefit's Hoola bronzer over it (very lightly)- it worked great.. it just added a little depth to it and "set" it. Then I dusted Nars Light Reflecting powder over that to really make sure it didn't budge.

With all that said -- and I do like the product -- I think if you're looking for a "cream" type contour product-- you could find a stick concealer in a darker color than your skin color (like Loreal concealer crayon) and it would do the same job as the sculpting cream...maybe even a bit better of a job since it has a harder texture that is less likely to wipe away..

The thing that is so different and the reason I plan on keeping it though - is the color.. Yes, it does look greenish and sort of like a baby's dirty diaper when first applied but when it blends out - it looks stunning.. you don't see the green tint once it is properly blended.

Just my opinion after using it for awhile.. :)

PeachTwist

I'm interested in trying CW out. May look into getting it - though I'm still not perfect on my contouring so we'll see.

How long do these products last generally? By that, I mean before they go "off".

miss0annette

I miss you guys!!! Haven't had a lot of time lately.

I wanted to come in and say I tried out the Studio Sculpt Lash a while ago and I LOVE that brush! It's fantastic for making really THICK lashes. I'd been using the Masterclass linear brush on my lashes to fluff them up after applying mascara and I find the SSL does the same thing even more effectively, without having to go through that extra step. I like the mascara formula itself too - it's nice and light and not wet. I was bummed about regular Opulash getting axed, but this will be a great replacement for a very natural, youthful mascara. 'Normally I don't get worked up about mascara and never rush out to buy the new ones - I'm usually fine to just try when I need a brand new tube, but this one I'm going to make a point of buying tomorrow and it's going to become my daily wear mascara.
Awesome! I'm always on the look out for a great mascara. I think I will try SSL next. Thanks liba!
flower.gif

liba

Awesome! I'm always on the look out for a great mascara. I think I will try SSL next. Thanks liba!
flower.gif
It's not the dramatic type of mascara, just so you know. More of the casual daytime type. It won't add length much either, imo. It got mine looking really thick and lush around the base of the lashes, though, which I really like and what a lot of mascaras don't do for me. It's worth a try - they will have tester wands with the SSL shape in the store so that you can try it out, before you buy.