MAC Studio Sculpt Collection (Sept 4, 2014)

Glamstylz

what should people use the sculpting powders for?
Does anyone else feel like the contouring hype has gotten out of hand? I mean i like it but it just seems like everyday contouring can give the overly made up on a regular day look. Then for me im already of a darker skin complexion, comtouring make me feel like i look a mess, lol..

mimilainna

Does anyone else feel like the contouring hype has gotten out of hand? I mean i like it but it just seems like everyday contouring can give the overly made up on a regular day look. Then for me im already of a darker skin complexion, comtouring make me feel like i look a mess, lol..
I don't think its gotten out of hand, I just think more people are getting into it. It's always been done, but "regular" girls are learning how and want to mimic their fave celebs and what not. I only ask cause she said that the sculpting powders are being used for contouring when they shouldnt, so I'm wondering what they are supposed to be used for.

Glamstylz

I think im going to surf youtube to see what its like. I know it isnt a contouring powder but I wonder is it a stand alone, not a use over liquid foundation powder, since its a gel formula..

erine1881

I already mentioned a few posts up it's part of the Sculpt line. So you can use it to set the Studio Sculpt foundation, or wear it alone for low coverage like you would the MSFN.
I think im going to surf youtube to see what its like. I know it isnt a contouring powder but I wonder is it a stand alone, not a use over liquid foundation powder, since its a gel formula..
It's a gel-based powder, not a gel. So it can be used over foundation, or alone.

crystalzi

I personally don't think contouring is being overdone. I just think Kim k has made it more mainstream. I don't do the whole highlighter, powder, bronzer thing everyday. But I do usually add some bronzer to the hollows of my cheeks, temples, upper forehead, and jawline . Only takes a few seconds.

martiangurll

I can't see any Kardashians anymore, all I see is their nonblended ass contour and highlights. Its beyond redic

erine1881

I can't see any Kardashians anymore, all I see is their nonblended ass contour and highlights.  Its beyond redic
AMEN!!! Allover contouring/highlighting is not for everyday! It's for events and photoshoots. You need the proper lighting for it to look right, and every day sunlight is not the proper lighting.

Glamstylz

I already mentioned a few posts up it's part of the Sculpt line. So you can use it to set the Studio Sculpt foundation, or wear it alone for low coverage like you would the MSFN. It's a gel-based powder, not a gel. So it can be used over foundation, or alone.
i knew it was a powder, something about the gel formula made me wonder how well it worked with foundations or if it was better on its own.. or with a bb cream..ahh the perils of makeup lol..

xasperadastra

Will these powders be permanent? I phoned a Mac store yesterday and the mua told me that they are permanent but here with Mac you never know!

veronikawithak

Quote: Originally Posted by kerry-jane88
haha yup!

glad i posted this comparison for everyone now, it's definately one to check on counter!

Oh my.. thank you SOOOO much. Was vaguely considering this but definitely not. I need to stop getting distracted by other powders and stick with my MSFN and Hourglass.

Seven Of Nine

I tested today and yesterday this powder and i I'm on the "yes". Powder gives interesting satin finish
eyelove.gif