MAC Studio Sculpt Collection (Sept 4, 2014)

Shars

I'm due to replace my blotting powder soon and may try this over grabbing a MSF natural as the MSFs aren't that great for me at keeping my T-zone matte. Does any one think these will be better than the MSFs?

It would have been interesting if they would've made that middle bar of the powder 1-2 shades darker than the rest of the powder so you could have a natural contour/bronzing option for your shade.

CarmenK

I'm due to replace my blotting powder soon and may try this over grabbing a MSF natural as the MSFs aren't that great for me at keeping my T-zone matte. Does any one think these will be better than the MSFs?

It would have been interesting if they would've made that middle bar of the powder 1-2 shades darker than the rest of the powder so you could have a natural contour/bronzing option for your shade.
Same here! The Msfs didn't really provide oil control for me and would oxidize on me too. Still I love the finish of MSFN and think their great powders but I'm hoping this one will be another good option. I picked up one today and can't wait to try it over my foundation tomorrow and of course I will come back and give feedback
flower.gif

Shars

Same here! The Msfs didn't really provide oil control for me and would oxidize on me too. Still I love the finish of MSFN and think their great powders but I'm hoping this one will be another good option. I picked up one today and can't wait to try it over my foundation tomorrow and of course I will come back and give feedback
flower.gif
Yup! The never ending search for that magic product that just does what it is told lol. Will look out for your feedback when you get a chance :)

erine1881

I'm due to replace my blotting powder soon and may try this over grabbing a MSF natural as the MSFs aren't that great for me at keeping my T-zone matte. Does any one think these will be better than the MSFs? It would have been interesting if they would've made that middle bar of the powder 1-2 shades darker than the rest of the powder so you could have a natural contour/bronzing option for your shade.
Same here! The Msfs didn't really provide oil control for me and would oxidize on me too. Still I love the finish of MSFN and think their great powders but I'm hoping this one will be another good option. I picked up one today and can't wait to try it over my foundation tomorrow and of course I will come back and give feedback :flower:
Tho swatched they appear to have a matte finish, they do not control oil. Blot powder is gonna be what you want for oil control and touchups.

CarmenK

Not sure. I am NC 43-45.
I ended up getting Medium deep, the artist tried dark on me also and said that it was a little too warm for my skin so I will try it over my foundation tomorrow and hopefully it looks good
001_unsure.gif
I think medium dark or deep would work for you.

Vandekamp

I ended up getting Medium deep, the artist tried dark on me also and said that it was a little too warm for my skin so I will try it over my foundation tomorrow and hopefully it looks good :unsure:  I think medium dark or deep would work for you. 
Thanks for the recommendation. I will check it out this weekend.

Shars

Tho swatched they appear to have a matte finish, they do not control oil. Blot powder is gonna be what you want for oil control and touchups.
Oh okay. Thanks for confirming that. So basically, just a regular setting powder these are?

NYCBeautyJunkie

@erine1881 In your opinion, what's the best brush to use for these powders? I swatched them in store today and I found that they almost have that Extra Dimension formula feel to them; in your experience, is the powder at all difficult to pick up with a brush?

VelinaIvane

So am i the only that does not like it? My natural skin finish powder is a waaaay better stand alone :/ plus how the hell do you pick up product with this? It feels so stiff and it is so sheer.

Monsy

what are the reasons you don't like it?

maybe it is supposed to be sheer like that ?

erine1881

@erine1881   In your opinion, what's the best brush to use for these powders? I swatched them in store today and I found that they almost have that Extra Dimension formula feel to them; in your experience, is the powder at all difficult to pick up with a brush?
I haven't used these powders, and don't plan to use them. I plan on sticking with the MSFNs. These powders are far too sheer, and a prefer the buildable coverage and natural finish of the MSFNs. MAC keeps bringing out far too many different formulas of things when they don't need to. If it ain't broke... I see these powders getting the boot fairly quickly to be quite honest.

NYCBeautyJunkie

I see these powders getting the boot fairly quickly to be quite honest.
Thanks! I felt as though they were not only sheer, but difficult to swatch and pick up with my fingers. I dont know. I hear ya on the MSFN's, though-- I havent found a product that I believe is truly similar in finish or quality. I only have an issue with finding a decent color for myself (Dark seems to run a bit orange on me) so I was hoping these would be a similar alternative. Oh well.
sigh.gif

erine1881

Thanks! I felt as though they were not only sheer, but difficult to swatch and pick up with my fingers. I dont know. I hear ya on the MSFN's, though-- I havent found a product that I believe is truly similar in finish or quality. I only have an issue with finding a decent color for myself (Dark seems to run a bit orange on me) so I was hoping these would be a similar alternative. Oh well. :sigh:
Have you tried the new shade expansions with the MSFNs? Like Dark Tan? It's gonna be a bit more pink than Dark, but still in the realm of Dark.

CarmenK

So am i the only that does not like it? My natural skin finish powder is a waaaay better stand alone :/ plus how the hell do you pick up product with this? It feels so stiff and it is so sheer.
So far I think they are okay...its definitely not a better powder than the MSFN but I don't mind it being a sheer powder. I found it very hard to pick up some of the product and the powder itself is very stiff like you said.Today I used my MUFE kabuki brush with it but I will keep trying it out with different brushes. I would have to say though once it is on my skin I do like the end result.

Went to my favorite mac store and tried both the MSFN and the SSP. The MUA gave me a large face brush that was kind of stiff. The MSFN looked cakey on me, the SSP looked natural and minimized my pores. I bought the SSP, going to try it out with different brushes and see how it does in this humid heat. The MSFN would probably do better with a different brush...
2cents.gif

leahrenae

I received mine the other day and swatched... it took quite a few swipes to get a decent look to even swatch on to my hand. its extremely sheer, but the color seemed to work well for my skin tone (medium deep). in the pan it muuuuuch darker than medium deep MSF or careblend, perhaps why it's so sheer.
hope to wear it soon and see what it's like.