MAC style seeker

Richelle83

I'm another fan of the promo pic. I love how colorful it is. I was mainly getting fluidlines and maybe trying my first mattene. But now I feel inspired to try three of them. I wonder if there will be a dupe for that nail polish. I also wish the eye shadows were singles. I don't like a lot of loose items floating around. I'm still trying to figure out where to put my MES from Heavenly Creature.
http://weshouldmakeup.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-new-makeup-storage.html#more I put all my eye items in the mesh tray she has in the 2nd and 3rd pics.

CartoonChic

I love Devin, but she is a bad influence on my wallet. I blame her for my Inglot obsession!
LOL, I've purposely been trying to ignore Inglot. I'm really curious about their eye shadows, and I've seen your lipstick swatches. I already branched out into Chanel and YSL. I just can't handle Inglot right now, I just can't!

Richelle83

LOL, I've purposely been trying to ignore Inglot. I'm really curious about their eye shadows, and I've seen your lipstick swatches. I already branched out into Chanel and YSL. I just can't handle Inglot right now, I just can't!
Inglot is the cheapest of them all!!! I know your poor wallet needs a break, but eventually you're gonna need to try them!

btw they are better and bigger than MAC, no need for me to buy a regular shadow. Can't pass up a good MES though!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Camden Chic mattene and Local Wares fluidline for me, like Naynadine i hope I can resist Styleseeker, MAC nailpolish doesn't work on my nails. But that colour!!!!
I actually like most of MAC's polishes, but the formula is hit and miss for me. So before I spend that 14 Euro I try to find a dupe.

Genn

my plan right now is fun finds and delectable since I dont own any mattens. I have to cut back somewhere with all these collections.

sherm

Ohhhh thank you Naynadine for posting the promo pic!

Still thinking this may be a skip or just one item—Marche Aux Puces is the only thing I'm interested in right now. Indie Spirit is really pretty.

mousygiggles

I completely love the promo pics but not the colors in the collection. It is just fine with me though. I like ot loving these up coming collections. I need to recover from HS and HC.

lyseD

Delectable and local wares for me. Easy to skip the rest since I plan a huge Office Hours haul.

lilinah

Fortunately for me, this collection isn't grabbing my wallet - which is totally flat after Heavenly Creature.

I'm completely blushed out, between Casual Color and HC. I got Seeds of Desire, Potent Fig, and Fresh Amour mattenes last fall. And i'm only partially interested in Fun Finds mattene, Restless lipglass, and Local Wares fluidline.

I hope no collection that really interests me comes out until October, 'cuz i have some big expenses coming up in September.

liba

Thanks for posting the link to the collection!

I'm glad I'm so far not particularly interested in Marilyn - l'm only interested in one or two of the lipsticks.

Meanwhile, seeing the Style Seeker promo pictures is making me want more than I originally planned:

fashion nomad- bright red orange
(camden chic seems unnecessary, since I've got seeds of desire and legendary; eden rouge and delectable didn't work for me and I don't think fun finds is going to work either)

ready to roam- mid-tone true blue red - was originally not interested, but the promo pic is gorgeous (I think the model's wearing camden chic with R2R on top)
restless- dark burnt bronze - originally wanted this one, the promo pic is telling me I'll have to try it on to be sure
(eclectic edge I don't need, since I've got Caqui and Riviera Life and C-Thru, well I've got enough of this type by far - I don't love lip glass THAT much, hehe)

on the hunt - bronzed red (f) /bronze violet (vp) - was already wanting this
marché aux puces - chestnut brown (m)/ mid-tone golden orange (vp) - promo pic is grabbing my attention, although I may have dupes...will need to check.

worldly wealth - shimmer peachy bronze (f) - even more gorgeous than originally expected! If I had to only get one thing, it would be THIS THIS THIS.
supercontinental -bright cute coral (s) - already wanted the other two, but the promo pic is making me want this too - hopefully have a dupe.
hidden treasure - rich burnt red (s) - also more gorgeous than expected, and I bet it looks even better in person - it sure looks awesome on the model on the left! Can Early Morning or RoS stand in for it? I don't think so....

gadabout girl- blackened plum - wasn't expecting this to be so nice. will have to test it out, but I bet I get it
styleseeker -duo chome red frost - even nicer than expected. definite yes.
mean & green -purple with teal multi- changing pearlized pigments - have it and love it - one less thing to buy.

Gonna back up Dark Diversion, which has turned into one of my favorite liners, plus I use it to accentuate my eyebrows too and I loooooove it for that. Local Wares might be a buy, but will have to test it, since olive green liners either are great or awful on me, depending on the cast.

mac_atemywallet.gif

All I can say is: CHA-CHING!!

aradhana

i wasn't able to see any of the links except the one to the swatches of a handful of shadows...thankfully i only want one of those - indie summer. so that's a start. well, i want pruple haze, but i guess i can get that anytime... on the other hand, the promo pic looks great! liking those blushes...but i'll have to wait and see more....i'm not very good at going by shade names /descriptions

OhSoJaded

Delectable and local wares for me. Easy to skip the rest since I plan a huge Office Hours haul.
The best part about Office Hours is that it's permanent! There's a few things I want from that collection, but they'll have to wait. Now, time to figure out what I want from Style Seeker....

Shellcat

Ok... so I want two blushes from this collection... Worldly Wealth and Hidden Treasure.

The "cute" coral will get no love from me. I have enough coral blushes to last me a few lifetimes over.

Good thing is...IT'S NOT the end of the world!
lolz.gif

I've skipped it so far since I have supposed dupes (Tarte Exposed being one of them) but I may "NEED" it now... LOL And just like that, you have enabled another blush birth! HeeHee

Shellcat on a no-buy? A BLUSH no-buy? This MUST be a sign of the end of the world! I'm calling the Enquirer... Don't worry, I will properly site Specktra as my source! LMFAO!

liba

on the other hand, the promo pic looks great! liking those blushes...but i'll have to wait and see more....i'm not very good at going by shade names /descriptions
Are you just getting a prompt to enter a password?

All the pages would load for me if I just kept pressing Cancel over and over.

liba

Fortunately for me, this collection isn't grabbing my wallet - which is totally flat after Heavenly Creature.

I'm completely blushed out, between Casual Color and HC. I got Seeds of Desire, Potent Fig, and Fresh Amour mattenes last fall. And i'm only partially interested in Fun Finds mattene, Restless lipglass, and Local Wares fluidline.

I hope no collection that really interests me comes out until October, 'cuz i have some big expenses coming up in September.
I WISH I could be blushed out. I did resist the Hey Sailor blushes and highlight powder, which helps a little. Nothing's going to keep me away from Worldly Wealth, though!

If it helps any, I personally didn't care for the light, nude-ish mattenes from last year. I found them flat and aging against my skin's texture. You might be able to skip Fun Finds, if you're anything like me.....

aradhana

Are you just getting a prompt to enter a password?

All the pages would load for me if I just kept pressing Cancel over and over.
not even...sometimes i get a blank screen, other times a one line error message....
i'll go try again....
i wanna see what everyone's talking about!