MAC style seeker

gracie90

Well the ugly olive is beautiful! It looks like a greener version of Avenue
I also really like Hidden Treasure. They will be the only two things I'll get, I think!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks very much for the additional swatches, breakfastinrome! I'm not sure that I'd really be able to see the difference between the ugly olive and a regular black, but I am sort of tempted. There's a bronze-black YSL liner I've had my eye on that might be similar, in which case, it might make sense for me to grab the Mac one at about half the price...

I need to see more of this collection quickly, because I've started picking apart the promo image. I still love it, but now I'm made a little uneasy that the Asian model's face is painted about five shades lighter than her body... Plus she's been photoshopped so much that it looks like her arms come out of her rib cage. Mac's model photos never really conform to the laws of physics anyway- they're a fantasy kind of visual, not a realistic one- but I get bored and I start to over-think things...
th_crazy2.gif

I did notice that T has the official information on the collection up- which she usually does only the day before she posts reviews. I'll keep trawling the internet for more info...

Icecaramellatte

Thanks very much for the additional swatches, breakfastinrome! I'm not sure that I'd really be able to see the difference between the ugly olive and a regular black, but I am sort of tempted. There's a bronze-black YSL liner I've had my eye on that might be similar, in which case, it might make sense for me to grab the Mac one at about half the price...

I need to see more of this collection quickly, because I've started picking apart the promo image. I still love it, but now I'm made a little uneasy that the Asian model's face is painted about five shades lighter than her body... Plus she's been photoshopped so much that it looks like her arms come out of her rib cage. Mac's model photos never really conform to the laws of physics anyway- they're a fantasy kind of visual, not a realistic one- but I get bored and I start to over-think things...
th_crazy2.gif

I did notice that T has the official information on the collection up- which she usually does only the day before she posts reviews. I'll keep trawling the internet for more info...
That YSL liner does look olivey to me.

Maybe she is planning to go to the party tonight and will pick up the products.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Thank you so much for the swatches!
urock.gif
I think I will end up getting either Hidden Treasure and Supercontinental or HT&Styleseeker.

I like the olive fluidline - adds to list. Hidden Treasure looks like an amped up Early Morning. Love Style Seeker. It does look duochrome. Thanks a million for the pics.

That YSL liner does look olivey to me.

Maybe she is planning to go to the party tonight and will pick up the products.
I don't think she ever goes to events, I think she orders on Pro.

Looks like Allura will have reviews up soon :)

Stay Tuned: MAC Style Seeker Collection! | Allura

Corally

Thank you for the swatches breakfastinrome! So far Local Wares and Supercontinental look great! I also like the look of Fasion Nomad (orange mattene) on Allura's stay tuned photo.. but I'm prob gonna stick with Local Wares and Supercontinental.

liesierre

I've been debating getting a Clarisonic... My cheeks are VERY sensitive, but i know i could use it everywhere else. And i'm thinking i need to up my exfoliating a bit. The MAC Volcanic Ash Exfoliator that was re-promo'ed with Heavenly Creature was not as harsh as i had originally thought - i got a sample to test - as long as i keep it off my cheeks.
Clarasonic rules. I use the "Delicate" brush heads and the Clarins Gentle Foaming Face Wash with it.

Odelia

Thanks loads breakfastinrome! It's much appreciated that you went back to appease us Ugly Olive lovers, you rock! :))

Still on my list - Local Wares and Supercontinental. Maybe Restless lipglass.

liesierre

my list isnt too big... this collection is just not really for me...

definitely:
supercontinental
on the hunt - duo

probably:
hidden treasure
rich ground (replace the one i threw out last year)

and my maybes:
fun finds mattene (probably will be too light and corpsey though)
whims and fancies duo (even though i already have shadowy lady)

crystalis007

I just ended up ordering Eden Rouge and Hidden Treasure blush. I was going to skip the whole thing but wanted to check those two things out.

xpinkglitter

Went to the event at my MAC store for this collection tonight. The collection was just meh. Some very pretty colors but nothing thrilled me. I just ended up with Styleseeker nail laquer and Dark Diversion fluidline.

Icecaramellatte

Thank you so much for the swatches!
urock.gif
I think I will end up getting either Hidden Treasure and Supercontinental or HT&Styleseeker.

I don't think she ever goes to events, I think she orders on Pro.

Looks like Allura will have reviews up soon :)

Stay Tuned: MAC Style Seeker Collection! | Allura
Oh I forgot it was on Pro already. Yes, she probably ordered from Pro but I have seen pics of her at a party although it was ages ago.

Jenrbelt

I was just going through my vanity and found a MUFE Aqualiner #11 from last fall. I wonder how close this color is to Dark Diversion. Anyone have both? I would love to know. TIA

BeLucky

I have to wait til it comes out for us mere mortals, but I'm getting:

• Supercontinental
  • On the Hunt
  • Dark Diversion

Prettypackages

Well the ugly olive is beautiful! It looks like a greener version of Avenue
I also really like Hidden Treasure. They will be the only two things I'll get, I think!
it reminded me of avenue too. I might have to get two. I don't see the green through my screen though.