MAC style seeker

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
OK, one more link I HAVE to share
girlhaha.gif
because Styleseeker looks gawjus there!
th_drool.gif

420029_10151011447582861_2112647573_n.jpg (720×533)

(I hope it works since it's from Facebook)

HoneyMilk

I'm also looking forward to this collection since it is warm. If the ugly green is a green Avenue, it's pure :heart: because Avenue is my fave f/l. I'm getting all the blushes; I don't have a (muted) red blush and Enough Said needs a pal. Looking forward to Fashion Nomad and esp. Camden Chic! I will probably get the coordinated l/gs, too, although I should not. (+ MaP Duo and the SS n/p)
Avenue is my favorite too!!!! It was my first f/l purchase. I didn't know it until I bought other f/ls that Avenue was missing about a third of it! They just didn't fill up the container. I get mad thinking about it now, I should've exchanged it but didn't know better. I am super excited for more fluidlines in this collection.

Elianessss

I was thinking of getting the peach colored one (I think its called superconfidental) but I think im going to skip it, along with the whole collection and wait for the Marilyn Monroe blushes and lipsticks

elkaknits

I love Nars blushes. I don't own a single MAC one at all. Yesterday I was looking a wee bit at the Magenta powder blush...it keeps drawing me in! Actually I am down to two blushes: Nars Sin and Smashbox Aurora. Both are very similar on except for the Nars is sparkly and the Aurora is flat. I realize this is the MAC chat area so answers may be skewed but blush wise you would pick MAC over others?

Audrey C

I love Nars blushes. I don't own a single MAC one at all. Yesterday I was looking a wee bit at the Magenta powder blush...it keeps drawing me in! Actually I am down to two blushes: Nars Sin and Smashbox Aurora. Both are very similar on except for the Nars is sparkly and the Aurora is flat. I realize this is the MAC chat area so answers may be skewed but blush wise you would pick MAC over others?
All of my blush were MAC until I waded into NARS a couple of months ago. I definitely prefer NARS blushes because they last so much longer. I have a lot of MAC blushes that I like but they just don't last on me the way that NARS does. With MAC, by noon you'd never know I put blush on in the morning. Really, I need to touch it up about 10am and 2pm to get through a day at the office (I leave the house early). NARS will generally get me through the day although I'm fading by later afternoon.

If you don't mind reapplying more frequently, I think MAC has a fabulous selection of great blushes. A couple of my favourites (Warm Soul and Flower Fantasy come to mind for the summer) are different that what NARS offers. I just know and accept that I'll need to touch up my makeup more frequently when I wear those. I hope that the coming cooler weather will increase the wear time of my MAC blushes.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Just got through all of Allura's swatches. I think Local Wares may get the better of me... I really like the way it looks and I did kind of kick myself for not getting Avenue last year.

Other than that, I'm still interested in Marche Aux Puces, although I'm a little concerned about the colour payoff on the matte shade. She has a nice, even swatch of Shadowy Lady, which is always patchy and difficult to work with on me. Indie Spirit looks drier and less smooth than SL...

Camden Chic is still the only lip product on my list, but I'm surprised at how pretty the glosses are. I agree with those who said that Restless reminds them of Pret-A-Papier. I have that one, plus a gloss from the Fafi collection (can't remember the name right now) that are in that family... I don't know if I wear them often enough to warrant getting another, but it does seem like a really appropriate Fall colour. It also reminds me a little of Chanel's Braise. Having spent the night reorganising my makeup, I've determined that I need to focus on lip products I'm going to wear, not just ones that I think look nice... Because soooooo many of them look nice.

OctoberViolet

This! I keep meaning to treat myself to Nars' Outlaw blush. I'm going to pick it up with the Andy Warhol collection. It's a must have for the Fall.
drools.gif

Thank you so much for all the links, Naynadine! You're beyond amazing!
bouquet.gif

You look so beautiful in your new avatar!
heart.gif

th_drool.gif
@ NARS Outlaw! Why haven't I still picked this up? I'm glad this blush is permanent. I remember how gorgeous it looked on my skin.
thud.gif
Thank you, breakfastinrome!

I will probably only pick up Dark Diversion f/l. Hope I'll stay strong!

elkaknits

All of my blush were MAC until I waded into NARS a couple of months ago. I definitely prefer NARS blushes because they last so much longer. I have a lot of MAC blushes that I like but they just don't last on me the way that NARS does. With MAC, by noon you'd never know I put blush on in the morning. Really, I need to touch it up about 10am and 2pm to get through a day at the office (I leave the house early). NARS will generally get me through the day although I'm fading by later afternoon.

If you don't mind reapplying more frequently, I think MAC has a fabulous selection of great blushes. A couple of my favourites (Warm Soul and Flower Fantasy come to mind for the summer) are different that what NARS offers. I just know and accept that I'll need to touch up my makeup more frequently when I wear those. I hope that the coming cooler weather will increase the wear time of my MAC blushes.
Thank you, I am a SAHM so it really doesn't matter but I was thinking of going for some brighter colors than what I currently wear on my cheek {lips okie dokie bright already} and the thing that does bother me bout Nars and led me to the smashbox {which in all honesty I think is the same color} is the glittery. I tend to mattify everything. MUA and SAs always go for illumination, Im almost 50 now shhhh, to look youthful and I am matte! matte! matte! Shiny foundation just looks fake to me :S Oi I am backwards LOL

OhSoJaded

Holy Crap. Those swatches made me re-evaluate my barren list..

Now I want:
Camden Chic (omg, I LOVE reds with brown, seriously) + BU
Local Wares + BU
Hidden Treasure
Restless lipglass - I thought this was going to be too close to Blessedly Rich, but I just loove the color! I think it will look great with any red lipstick

Mayyyybe Worldly Wealth
Maybe Dark Diversion, but I have Ash Violet, and while I know they're not the same, I don't need another purple eyeliner lol. I do love fluidlines, though!

I might pick up another Eden Rouge, and hope that the formula hasn't changed too much. I do love Red Racer and Ruffian Red for my bolder reds, but Eden Rouge is high on my list and I didn't back it up the last time, I stuck with getting almost all the Mattenes except for Delectable. Which I'm passing this round, too.
Do you have a CCO near you? I've seen Eden Rouge at 2 CCOs over the last month.

HoneyMilk

I do not have the blush disappearing problem that Audrey has... I think it really depends on the person. As soon as I stopped touching my face as much- it would stay. I suppose I could see people that are on the phones a lot having a disappearing blush problem? I actually never carry blush around with me as a result.

OhSoJaded

Personally, if my life depended on choosing between the two brands, I'd go NARS (and only if I HAD TO CHOOSE). They just last longer on my skin. But MAC draws me in each and every time with their LE shades. Depending on your skin, MAC might work for you. My face just likes to eat blush, haha. Sometimes it gets annoying having to reapply several times a day (especially b/c the lighting in my office restroom really sucks), but some of the shades are beautiful and definitely worth it.

Copperhead

I guess I'm getting more than I thought I would. I knew I was definitely getting Local Wares and a BU of Dark Diversion, but I was undecided about the lipglasses and mattenes. The lipglass surprised me, especially Restless. I'm getting them all except C-Thru. I'm still on the fence about the mattenes. I don't have any and was thinking about trying one with this collection. Camden Chic would be my pick if I do get one. I'm skipping the blush because I buy other brands, so they're not an option for me. I'm also skipping the duos, but I do like On the Hunt.
C-Thru is really nice on top of nude lippies though. I wear it on top of shades like Fresh Brew, Our Pick, etc.

CartoonChic

I'm on the NARS blush bandwagon. I started off with a several MAC blushes (Coppertone, Desert Rose, Sweet As Cocoa, Raizin, Plum Foolery, Ambering Rose) with every intention of getting more. But I quickly returned them after getting my first NARS blush (Taj Mahal). I only kept MAC Coppertone because it was my first blush, but I haven't worn it since. I find I had to keep building up the MAC blushes too much before I would see it on my face and achieve the color wanted. The MAC blushes are pretty and I do like them, but I love NARS. I don't know why I'm so proud of my NARS blush collection. I'm definitely getting more, including Outlaw.

AniBEE

More official photo's and info.
http://www.beautezine.com/mac-styleseeker-collection-for-fall-2012-photos-information/
Apparently the collection goes live online tomorrow.

I have to wait and see how Styleseeker preforms because I really want that shade but if it horrible to apply then I'm spend the $19 else where. Local Wares is definitely coming home with me. ^_^

CartoonChic

{snip}

Other than that, I'm still interested in Marche Aux Puces, although I'm a little concerned about the colour payoff on the matte shade. She has a nice, even swatch of Shadowy Lady, which is always patchy and difficult to work with on me. Indie Spirit looks drier and less smooth than SL...
I had a hard time swatching the mattes from Marché Aux Puces and Whims & Fancies. I had to do it several times just to get something to appear. But I used my finger. I don't know if they will work better with a brush.

CartoonChic

Thank you, I am a SAHM so it really doesn't matter but I was thinking of going for some brighter colors than what I currently wear on my cheek {lips okie dokie bright already} and the thing that does bother me bout Nars and led me to the smashbox {which in all honesty I think is the same color} is the glittery. I tend to mattify everything. MUA and SAs always go for illumination, Im almost 50 now shhhh, to look youthful and I am matte! matte! matte! Shiny foundation just looks fake to me :S Oi I am backwards LOL
NARS actually has a lot of pretty matte shades as well. It seems to me that most of their shimmer/glitter shades have a matte equivalent.