MAC style seeker

CartoonChic

Sorry these pics aren't the best. I swatched on my hand to try to avoid arm hair, lol, so the swatches are small. Restless got a little smudged.

Mattenes: Fashion Nomad - Eden Rouge - Camden Chic - Delectable - Fun Finds
Lipglass: Eclectic Edge - Ready to Roam - Restless - C-Thru

Blush: Hidden Treasure - Supercontinental - Worldly Wealth
Fluidline: Local Wares - Dark Diversion

The swatches of the duos photographed horribly. The colors just don't come across correctly. I was going to swatch on the underside of my arm, but it was just too crowded for me to do it right.

Top row: Marché Aux Puces - On the Hunt
Bottom row: Culturalized Eye - Whims & Fancies

OhSoJaded

Thanks for the swatches, CartoonChic! Now that you've had a chance to see them in person, has your list changed at all? Did you end up getting anything?

liesierre

Allura says:

Supercontinental is a very pigmented light peach color that leaves the skin with a luminescence without any shimmer. Even though Supercontinental is a light shade, it has great pigmentation and color-payoff and doesn’t need layering to get the color to show. The color is very similar to MAC’s Launch Away blush, but doesn’t look as powdery on the skin and doesn’t need nearly the kind of layering Launch Away does.
Hidden Treasure is an incredibly intense blood red with just a whisper of gold shimmer that isn’t noticeable unless you look up close. This color was so bright that I had to use a clean brush to buff out the color after applying it (swatch image below is post-buffing).
Worldly Wealth is a medium tan with finely-milled gold shimmer throughout. This can easily be used as a highlighter on deep skin or as a shimmering bronzing shade on lighter skin.
I am extremely impressed by all 3 of these colors. The formula for each has just enough softness to apply smoothly and evenly on the skin through the blending process without being dusty or crumbly.

Argh... now I'm questioning Hidden Treasure because its scary pigmented... and considering Worldly Wealth as a bronzer...

Odelia

Thanks for the swatches CartoonChic! I absolutely agree with you that Restless is gorgeous!
bigheart.gif

Your Local Wares swatches do show the hint of dark green in it quite well. Hidden Treasures is now starting to look nicer and nicer in my eyes too...
Gah...somehow my list is growing....and I thought I was going to save money on this collection, HAH!
ohboy.gif

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Argh... now I'm questioning Hidden Treasure because its scary pigmented... and considering Worldly Wealth as a bronzer...
Ah, I didn't even read that, I just looked at the swatches.
blush-anim-cl.gif
The description sounds really nice, I'll probably get this rather than Styleseeker n/p.

Cartoonchic, you're swatches are great! Worldly Wealth looks like it will be gorgeous on darker skintones.

Yazmin

My Pro store was very crowded, but I expected that after Shop/Cook. Fortunately my SA already had my list and pulled my items for me and I was able to swatch everything before they closed to prep for the event. I ended up with: Eden Rouge Ready to Roam x2 Local Wares x2 Dark Diversion Supercontinental x2 Hidden Treasures Marche aux Puces I'm excited about Supercontinental. It would make a nice blush or highlighter on my skin tone, or even a wash of color on the eyes.

CartoonChic

Thanks for the swatches, CartoonChic! Now that you've had a chance to see them in person, has your list changed at all? Did you end up getting anything?
I guess I'm getting more than I thought I would. I knew I was definitely getting Local Wares and a BU of Dark Diversion, but I was undecided about the lipglasses and mattenes. The lipglass surprised me, especially Restless. I'm getting them all except C-Thru. I'm still on the fence about the mattenes. I don't have any and was thinking about trying one with this collection. Camden Chic would be my pick if I do get one. I'm skipping the blush because I buy other brands, so they're not an option for me. I'm also skipping the duos, but I do like On the Hunt.

duckrodeo

Holy Crap. Those swatches made me re-evaluate my barren list..

Now I want:
Camden Chic (omg, I LOVE reds with brown, seriously) + BU
Local Wares + BU
Hidden Treasure
Restless lipglass - I thought this was going to be too close to Blessedly Rich, but I just loove the color! I think it will look great with any red lipstick

Mayyyybe Worldly Wealth
Maybe Dark Diversion, but I have Ash Violet, and while I know they're not the same, I don't need another purple eyeliner lol. I do love fluidlines, though!

I might pick up another Eden Rouge, and hope that the formula hasn't changed too much. I do love Red Racer and Ruffian Red for my bolder reds, but Eden Rouge is high on my list and I didn't back it up the last time, I stuck with getting almost all the Mattenes except for Delectable. Which I'm passing this round, too.

MACina

eyelove.gif
.....GORGEOUS!!!!

Can not wait to get it!!!

Thank you for the swatches!

Here is the "UGLY OLIVE" as promised! It's not as ugly as originally thought, I got one picture in direct light so you can see the shimmer and one not in direct light, which is probably what it'd look like most of the time!

MACina

My thoughts exactly!!!

Ready to Roam looks soooo pretty....especially the sparkles are stunning!
Crap the lipglasses are way prettier than I thought. I don't need another sparkly red but danggit Ready To Roam is gorgeous!! But I wonder really how similar it is to CoC. The other two. Crap.

BriarRose

I'm not seeing the "olive green" in it really... *tilts head*
I'm not either. It looks like a less green version of French Quarter greasepaint stick from VV.

This was the only definite on my list, but I think I will skip it now.

That leaves me with 3 maybe items that I need to swatch in person first (Supercontinental blush, Fashion Nomad mattene, and one of the eyeshadow duos). I love the imagery for this collection, but sadly not the makeup itself. More money saved for other releases, though!

Icecaramellatte

Holy Crap. Those swatches made me re-evaluate my barren list..

Now I want:
Camden Chic (omg, I LOVE reds with brown, seriously) + BU
Local Wares + BU
Hidden Treasure
Restless lipglass - I thought this was going to be too close to Blessedly Rich, but I just loove the color! I think it will look great with any red lipstick

Mayyyybe Worldly Wealth
Maybe Dark Diversion, but I have Ash Violet, and while I know they're not the same, I don't need another purple eyeliner lol. I do love fluidlines, though!

I might pick up another Eden Rouge, and hope that the formula hasn't changed too much. I do love Red Racer and Ruffian Red for my bolder reds, but Eden Rouge is high on my list and I didn't back it up the last time, I stuck with getting almost all the Mattenes except for Delectable. Which I'm passing this round, too.
Pret a Papier lipglass first came to mind when I saw Restless. I love colors like these so it's definitely on my list. I have to check my stash to see what else it may be like but I'm getting it. I hate to enable but I think you should reconsider Dark Diversion. It is not even in the same hemisphere as Ash Violet. I debating whether to get a BU of it. I have used it a lot. I didn't get it the last time it was repromoted though. Although I have a significant portion gone, I still have enough to last awhile and Mac has repromoted this several times. I have a feeling they will again. I don't know why they don't just make it permanent.

duckrodeo

Pret a Papier lipglass first came to mind when I saw Restless. I love colors like these so it's definitely on my list. I have to check my stash to see what else it may be like but I'm getting it. I hate to enable but I think you should reconsider Dark Diversion. It is not even in the same hemisphere as Ash Violet. I debating whether to get a BU of it. I have used it a lot. I didn't get it the last time it was repromoted though. Although I have a significant portion gone, I still have enough to last awhile and Mac has repromoted this several times. I have a feeling they will again. I don't know why they don't just make it permanent.
Ohh that's a good observation! I bought PaP at a CCO about a year and a half ago, and it just went all goopy and non-vanilla scented a couple months ago, so it's in my B2M pile :( it'd be great to have a substitute because I love that color!

I might take your enablement and pick up Dark Diversion. I bet it would be really pretty as an eyeshadow base, too! Sold! lol I probably won't back it up though, cause like you said it is re-promoted an awful lot.

VioletPearl

Wow, Supercontinental blush is absolutely stunnig, I definetly have to have it!
But Local Wares is out of my list, I expected something more visibly olive, this is to "colorless" for me for an olive. :(
But that blush, OMG...
th_rolleye0014.gif

BriarRose

Wow, Supercontinental blush is absolutely stunnig, I definetly have to have it!
But Local Wares is out of my list, I expected something more visibly olive, this is to "colorless" for me for an olive. :(
But that blush, OMG...
th_rolleye0014.gif
I saw Allura's swatch of Supercontinental and
love.gif
. As long as it shows up on me when I swatch it, that is a definite buy. It's beautiful.

Sadly, I love all 3 new lipglasses, but I'm afraid to buy anymore. I have way too many open as it is, and a boatload more waiting to be opened after I finish some of the others.

The eyeshadow duo I was interested in (On the Hunt) is out for me after seeing swatches. That would make me look like I have pinkeye.
girlhaha.gif

peachsuns

Thank you so much for all the links, Naynadine! You're beyond amazing!
bouquet.gif

Here they are all side by side! (Outlaw, Hidden Treasure, Early Morning)

th_drool.gif
@ NARS Outlaw! Why haven't I still picked this up? I'm glad this blush is permanent. I remember how gorgeous it looked on my skin.
thud.gif
Thank you, breakfastinrome!

I will probably only pick up Dark Diversion f/l. Hope I'll stay strong!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Thank you so much for all the links, Naynadine! You're beyond amazing!
bouquet.gif

You look so beautiful in your new avatar!
heart.gif

th_drool.gif
@ NARS Outlaw! Why haven't I still picked this up? I'm glad this blush is permanent. I remember how gorgeous it looked on my skin.
thud.gif
Thank you, breakfastinrome!

I will probably only pick up Dark Diversion f/l. Hope I'll stay strong!
You're welcome :) I'm really looking forward to this collection, I just love the whole theme of it!

Allura says Hidden Treasure is a Velvet Finish. Is that a new one? I don't think I own a Velvet blush.

MRV

I'm also looking forward to this collection since it is warm. If the ugly green is a green Avenue, it's pure
heart.gif
because Avenue is my fave f/l. I'm getting all the blushes; I don't have a (muted) red blush and Enough Said needs a pal. Looking forward to Fashion Nomad and esp. Camden Chic! I will probably get the coordinated l/gs, too, although I should not. (+ MaP Duo and the SS n/p)