MAC - Stylishly Yours Discussion

liba

OK I already typed out a huge review of Cham-Pale so I'll be more brief (and blunt) here.

The only thing I bought was New Fixation pigment. This pigment is the bomb. The base color is very similar to Brash & Bold, but instead of a fuchsia shimmer highlight (which makes it overall look much pinker), this has just a wisp of white pearl bits, so you get a nice smooth, near-matte quality with a tiny glint here and there when wet or when applied very sheerly, but with the potential to look a bit shimmerier if you put it on dry or over the right sort of base. So basically what you are getting is a super versatile, flat, medium red that is safe for eyes and lips as well as cheeks.

On the cheeks you could get a really different looking, retro texture without a powdery finish, plus you can sheer it out to the extreme. On the lips you could get a sheer stain or a matte effect depending on what you did with it. Eyes could go many different ways and appear flatter or with more sheen, dense or super sheer. I bet you could get some cool translucent nail stain effects under clear polish too, since it is majorly pigmented.

The only other pigment I considered, Follow Your Fancy, has much much more sheen frost to it, which ultimately made it lose out to New Fixation. It wasn't dissimilar to Firecracker, but more orange. I think there will be other orange shadows and maybe pigments coming this year, so no need to get hung up on this one. It's not as original or as versatile as New Fixation.

The BPs are sweet and lady-like, but didn't grab me. I'd say these are best for 40's retro girls, but not really what I was looking for (which was super sexy liquid shine).

The CCBs also were meh, considering Cremeblend Blushes are on the horizon and that formula is just so much nicer. Movie Star red was very pink toned, so that was a strike-out. I can use my fabulous New Fixation to get more of a true red and a more interesting finish. Virgin Isle and Madly Magenta have their good points, but I can go to a pro store for 'em some other time (or not).

The new Fluidline was a lovely color, but I'm just not into gel liners and it also looked a little sheer, so that's also a strike, since applying multiple layers of liner with a brush is too much work to get perfect for me. The color is great, but I'll wait for something similar in a GPS, Pearlglide or SuperSlick Liner and I have Raven k/p and Almost Noir p/g to tide me over until then. Ditto for the mascara since Zoom Lash smudges badly on me - here's hoping there'll be a similar color when the colored mascaras come out.

The lipsticks all felt like place markers for better shades that will come later in the season - they're all key colors for this Spring and Summer, but the early, test-the-waters versions, not the full out crazy in your face fabulous versions. Plus Style Curve wasn't purple enough by a long shot for me, so boo.
ohboy.gif

To sum up: New Fixation is exactly that! Everything else is an easy skip, unless you want a perfect, retro movie star porcelain finish - then check out the BPs.

elegant-one

I got the Pink & Red ccb's & I absolutely LOVE both colors.

The red is killer on - especially the lips. Its gorgeous with smokey grey eyes!

The pink is so sweet on the cheeks & I love how some of my pink & peach lipsticks look over it.

I also got Dark Diversion because I love the color. It looked really pretty with the Let Me Pop pp.

ansimi

I've tested out Dark Diversion and it's definitely sheerer than any other Fluidline I've tried. If you're looking for an crisp, opaque line then you might be disappointed. I wear my liner smudgy so it's fine for me. It's a fantastic colour. I have blue eyes it looks great on me and goes with warm and cool shades of shadow.

Kinakins

Does anyone know when it will be online? I've literally been checking every 10 minutes all day since this morning. I'm going mad.

ansimi

I wouldn't expect them to update the site on a weekend and Monday will probably be a day off in lieu of the holiday:(

Shadowy Lady

I only got Dark Diversion as I just love that type of shade. It's redder than Microviolet and warmer and lighter than Chanel Cassis in case anyone was wondering

RayannaBanana

Does anyone know when it will be online? I've literally been checking every 10 minutes all day since this morning. I'm going mad.

I think someone screwed up. It should have been online on the 24th. They're going to be hearing a lot of complaints about this. I was going to order online but decided I didn't want to wait so I called the store closest to me and order from them and they had everything already.

I thought if not Friday then today for sure but yeah nothing still, so I think something went wrong.

Meryl

The only blushes I can wear are the Beauty Powders because they are sheer and best for my fair skin. I think I own every Beauty Powder in there is in the pale pinks, neutrals and pale peaches.

If you were to only get one Beauty Powder - which one would you get? Too Chic or Play It Proper? I saw both in the store today and Play it Proper caught my eye because it is pinker... but I hate too much frosty shimmer on my cheeks. I only want to buy one - what are the rest of you pale NW15 - NW20s getting? :)

kelly815

Im nc 25 and I bought too chic. I loved the suttle glow it gave my skin. Id deffinitly use it all over. It really makes my skin look healthy. Im sure play it propper is great too but like u said I have a ton of beauty powers that are light pink. And im sure a million more will come.

paparazziboy

The collection has been online for a week now at macpro.

I couldn't help myself I got 2 feline kohl power. Pencils I get no kick eye kohl nc15/nw20 n nw25/nc30 chromagraphic pencils sin-tillation lipgelée neon orange and style curve lipstick dark diversion fluidline and movie star red madly magenta and virgin isle cream color bases I have more to get Friday haha

that is what i picked up today

i got the complete comfort cream, false lashes mascara ,new hue mascara,madly personal pigment,rose ole,something new lipstick,bubble lounge lip gelee and vintage selection paint pot. in my gratis last week.

i took home samples of follow your fancy and new fixation pigments

i plan on picking up chez chez lame special reserve highlight powder and very important platinum pigment as well

laylalovesmac

Meryl: Wish I could help you, but I'm the same (can only really use beauty powders as blush) and I'll be getting both! I can't choose! But, personally, if you have cool undertones, I like the look of Play It Proper. If I absolutely had to choose, that would be the one I would get.

katred

Specktra Bestie
The only blushes I can wear are the Beauty Powders because they are sheer and best for my fair skin. I think I own every Beauty Powder in there is in the pale pinks, neutrals and pale peaches.

If you were to only get one Beauty Powder - which one would you get? Too Chic or Play It Proper? I saw both in the store today and Play it Proper caught my eye because it is pinker... but I hate too much frosty shimmer on my cheeks. I only want to buy one - what are the rest of you pale NW15 - NW20s getting? :)
I didn't end up getting either, because I feel like I have a lot of highlighters already. Personally, I like the slightly cooler tone of Play It Proper, but you're not honestly going to go wrong with either of them. No matter how pale you are, I can't see these working as anything but a highlighter. Neither is too frosty, so you don't need to worry about that.

RayannaBanana

I'm going to get Play It Proper because I wanted something more silvery pink rather then gold. Though I do have yellow understones, I think it'll look ok since I'm really pale.

Do I need Too Chic?

kelly815

Deffinitly dont need it...It's super sheer and it dosnt show up on me. except for the glowy look. as a setting powder, which is why I bought it.

But if u want it as a highlighter u can go get nars albotros anytime and is a much more pigmented version of chez chez lame

katred

Specktra Bestie
Got my haul! As usual, ended up changing my mind about things at the last minute, but I was generally pretty conservative with this one. I ended up leaving without any CCBs, although the red one was tempting to me. And the beauty powders were a real disappointment. They have less of an impact than the MCLP, I find. I'm holding out for the "white" blush with Mickey Contractor.

What I ended up with was:

Style Curve l/s- Why did I think I was going to pass on a purple lippie? It's like a purple/ magenta hybrid, sheerer than Violetta or Rebel. I'm sure I'll work it into the rotation somehow.

Follow Your Fancy and New Fixation p/m- I was always pretty sure about FYF, but NF really grabbed me when I tried it on.

Dark Diversion e/l- I didn't really try this one in any detailed way, so if people are saying that it's actually quite sheer, I'm a little disappointed, but I'm a big fan of plum, so if it turns into a type of smudgy shadow, I'm OK with that too.

The store had the "Finally Flawless" display out, but no sign of the other upcoming collections. I can't believe it's only ten days until Contractor/ Peacocky...

User38

Katred I had no problems with the DD -- I do use it as a smudge ES on my lower lid and a smudge line on top.. looks good and makes my old tired amber eyeballs a bit brighter..
pretty.gif

honybr

I got Style Curve today. I bought it basically to layer it with Revenge is Sweet. I really like the color and adore it with RIS. For those who liked RIS you should really check this one out. It's a great combo. Oh I also used Magenta lipliner that I bought today as well. I now know why so many people love that liner. I have like 5 glosses it goes with.

Latest posts