MAC - Stylishly Yours Discussion

marajode

Thanks Pinkdollface.
That's what I was afraid of :D (well, hoping really, lol)
I have so many like Nars Albatross, and a gillion MSF's, and Chez Chez.
But I like PIP because I can use it for all over, not just highlighting.

For instance, I like Chez Chez Lame, but would only use in small areas. Same with Albatross. Is Too Chic like Play it Proper in that it doesn't have as much "sparkle"?
I am not describing very well this morning.
I want to be able to use it all over like Play it Proper. And if it's like that, just a different tone, then I want to get it.
(I hope I'm making sense. I really need some sleep today, ugh)

and I think you answered, but I just wanted to be sure I explained what I was looking for.

elegant-one

Thanks Pinkdollface.

For instance, I like Chez Chez Lame, but would only use in small areas. Same with Albatross. Is Too Chic like Play it Proper in that it doesn't have as much "sparkle"?
I want to be able to use it all over like Play it Proper. And if it's like that, just a different tone, then I want to get it.

and I think you answered, but I just wanted to be sure I explained what I was looking for.
Well I understand exactly what you are asking :) In consistency & 'look' it is indeed like PiP. Its just a warmer tone. I liked it but it didn't seem to do the same thing for me that PiP did. I actually preferred Gana better than Too Chic
Hope that helps dear!

elegant-one

Ok, so I have to order a backup Play it Proper. I'm using it everyday, and use more of it than I normally would any other bp, or msf, etc.
The question is, because I didn't look at it when I was at the counter, how does Too Chic compare to Play it Proper? Is the subtleness the same?
I had it in my cart with PiP, but wanted to ask what y'all thought of it first, before I hit the trigger.

I know right! I love this all over & every day. I've never loved a powder as much as PiP ;)

marajode

you know, I think I'm just going to back up PIP more than getting Too Chic. I haven't ever enjoyed using a powder, and the result of one like this either.
I'm thinking, if I like it this much, maybe I should just get 2 backups, lol.
And you know, part of it's beauty, I think, must be the tone. I feel like I wear foundations and powders too yellow, because I think I should with my skin tone. But I'm thinking the ever so slight pinkness must do well with my coloring, maybe tones down some of the yellow I've been adding with my other products.

This morning I just used my Tarte smooth operator tinted moisturizer, and the PIP. I tend to feel too naked without more coverage, but those two things were enough, not even concealer, not even priming.

elegant-one

you know, I think I'm just going to back up PIP more than getting Too Chic. I haven't ever enjoyed using a powder, and the result of one like this either.
And you know, part of it's beauty, I think, must be the tone. I feel like I wear foundations and powders too yellow, because I think I should with my skin tone. But I'm thinking the ever so slight pinkness must do well with my coloring, maybe tones down some of the yellow I've been adding with my other products.

This morning I just used my Tarte smooth operator tinted moisturizer, and the PIP. I tend to feel too naked without more coverage, but those two things were enough, not even concealer, not even priming.
I think that's exactly right! Its amazing what it does for the skin/complexion. I swipe it under my eyes too. just lovely.

Anneri

Oh, you're tempting me to get PIP! I didn't, because I'm NC15-20 and thought I should use a more golden product...

marajode

I'm about NC20, or 25ish.
I'm surprised at PIP.

I usually lean toward getting the more golden products too. I'm thinking it wouldn't hurt for you to check it out
pretty.gif

Not to be an enabler or anything
angelic.gif

marajode

This made me laugh!

So, in conclusion,
mac_atemywallet.gif
, too.

more PIP is on its way to meeeeeee. (2 of them, because I really just might use it on my legs a time or two in the summer time, when I'm all skinny again, and rocking some hot shorts. lol. NO, really, I am using it on my legs some this summer)

Oh no, not enabling at all...
girlhaha.gif

Enabling?
huh2.gif

Oh dear... in conclusion:
mac_atemywallet.gif

cno64

Yeah idk,the only things I like from Mickey are the fluidlines,the lippies are kinda blah and bland.Have no idea why those are sold out tbh I'm really surprised.
I hate to even say it, but I guess that horrid nude lip thing is still hanging on.
Blech ...
Maybe when warm weather finally gets here, people will be more in the mood for color.

Pinkdollface

I like it maybe just a little bit less than PiP, because PiP is pink and i love pink! It doesn't have any sparkle!
I can't use these powders all over, because i have more oily skin, but if you don't and can use PiP all over i think you can do that with Too Chic too.

Thanks Pinkdollface.

Camnagem

I have to thank everyone who was raving/enabling/loving Play it Proper!
friends.gif

After trying so hard to resist, I finally caved after all of the raves and ordered it some time last week. I got my black box a few days ago and I LOVE PiP! It's one of those products that lights up your entire face once you put it on your skin, but somehow doesn't call attention to itself. It just makes your skin look soft, healthy, and flawless.

I've already ordered a back-up. Thanks everyone!
heart.gif

marajode

Woohoo!
pompom.gif

I'm glad you like it too!

I've kind of become obsessed with it.
blink.gif

I have to thank everyone who was raving/enabling/loving Play it Proper!
friends.gif

After trying so hard to resist, I finally caved after all of the raves and ordered it some time last week. I got my black box a few days ago and I LOVE PiP! It's one of those products that lights up your entire face once you put it on your skin, but somehow doesn't call attention to itself. It just makes your skin look soft, healthy, and flawless.

I've already ordered a back-up. Thanks everyone!
heart.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Aw crap, don't start making me want Play It Proper... I've tried it on in the store a couple of times. The first time I said it didn't have enough impact and was too similar to other highlighters. The second time, I said the same thing, but I could tell I was trying to convince myself...