MAC - Stylishly Yours Discussion

keijukainen

Am I doing something wrong with the ccb? I tried to apply Virgin Isle to my lips first with my finger and then with lip brush but I find it quite streaky and difficult to apply evenly. I had to go over it so many times to make it even.

The color is super vibrant and glossy when I first applied it but shortly after it went straight to my lip lines and I'm not sure I like the coral matte look on me. Maybe it's better as a base color idk.. I love it on my cheeks though, it's bright but blendable and stays on forever.

VI is my first ccb and I wanted to try it out before getting the other bright ones but now I'm not so sure I will like Madly Magenta or Movie Star Red on my lips. Any suggestions on how to use them?

Do all of these have a matte finish on lips?

Curly1908

Are your lips fully exfoliated and moisturized? I can't use a CCB on my lips unless I've applied a lip balm beforehand.

Fiberluver

For those of you who purchased the ccb's how are you using them?

I finally got my grubby hands on Madly Magenta (love it!) and have used it on my lips and cheeks so far.

Even if the instruction sheet that came with it warns against using it as a shadow would you?

I also have Ungara's Crushed Bougainvillea and want to get more use out of it - I want to use it as a base for shadow!

Would you?

Thanks!

shontay07108

[quote name="keijukainen" url="/forum/thread/168657/mac-stylishly-yours-discussion/960#post_2077420"] Am I doing something wrong with the ccb? I tried to apply Virgin Isle to my lips first with my finger and then with lip brush but I find it quite streaky and difficult to apply evenly. I had to go over it so many times to make it even.

The color is super vibrant and glossy when I first applied it but shortly after it went straight to my lip lines and I'm not sure I like the coral matte look on me. Maybe it's better as a base color idk.. I love it on my cheeks though, it's bright but blendable and stays on forever.

VI is my first ccb and I wanted to try it out before getting the other bright ones but now I'm not so sure I will like Madly Magenta or Movie Star Red on my lips. Any suggestions on how to use them?

[/quote] No matter how great your lips are, VI is the most difficult to apply evenly. I have 3 of the ccb's from this collection(VI, MM and MSR) and I find this to be true. MSR is sheer on the lips and needs to be built up but it doesn't require as much work as VI. MM is definitely the best when it comes to usage on the cheeks and lips. It's nearly opaque on my pigmented lips in one swipe. It's my favorite of the three for that reason. I do like them all, though. As far as finish, I wouldn't call it matte. I'd say it's more like a Satin, especially MM. [quote name="Fiberluver" url="/forum/thread/168657/mac-stylishly-yours-discussion/960#post_2077824"] For those of you who purchased the ccb's how are you using them?

I finally got my grubby hands on Madly Magenta (love it!) and have used it on my lips and cheeks so far.

Even if the instruction sheet that came with it warns against using it as a shadow would you?

I also have Ungara's Crushed Bougainvillea and want to get more use out of it - I want to use it as a base for shadow!

Would you?

Thanks!
[/quote] I wouldn't use any of my ccb's on my eyes. They aren't colors I would like to use on there and the texture, although nice, isn't something I'd want to deal with on my eyes.

Fiberluver

Shontay,

Thanks!

With MM and CB I will use them on lips and cheeks only.

I love Madly Magenta though!

It is gorgeous!

I'm wondering if I should back this up or not! Is it perm.?

N

shontay07108

[quote name="keijukainen" url="/forum/thread/168657/mac-stylishly-yours-discussion/960#post_2077842"]

Quote: Originally Posted by Curly1908

Are your lips fully exfoliated and moisturized? I can't use a CCB on my lips unless I've applied a lip balm beforehand.

I did apply a lip balm but my lips could definitely be in better condition. Winter hates my lips and my lips hate winter lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by shontay07108

Quote: Originally Posted by keijukainen

Am I doing something wrong with the ccb? I tried to apply Virgin Isle to my lips first with my finger and then with lip brush but I find it quite streaky and difficult to apply evenly. I had to go over it so many times to make it even.

No matter how great your lips are, VI is the most difficult to apply evenly. I have 3 of the ccb's from this collection(VI, MM and MSR) and I find this to be true. MSR is sheer on the lips and needs to be built up but it doesn't require as much work as VI. MM is definitely the best when it comes to usage on the cheeks and lips. It's nearly opaque on my pigmented lips in one swipe. It's my favorite of the three for that reason. I do like them all, though. As far as finish, I wouldn't call it matte. I'd say it's more like a Satin, especially MM.

Quote: Originally Posted by Fiberluver

For those of you who purchased the ccb's how are you using them?

Would you?

Thanks!

I wouldn't use any of my ccb's on my eyes. They aren't colors I would like to use on there and the texture, although nice, isn't something I'd want to deal with on my eyes.

Thanks Shontay!
I remember reading from some blog the finish is supposed to be satin so I was surprised with the finish I got. Good to know it's the most difficult one, I might give MSR and MM a try then. I managed to apply VI more evenly today when I layered it little by little with sheer coats. I still think this shade of coral doesn't flatter my skintone on my lips but it's magic on my cheeks so I'll stop trying to make it work on my lips.

Fiberluver, so many people are complaining about creasing with ccb's. A girl on youtube even said she can use ccb's on lids only because she doesn't mind creasing. The shades would be more than perfect for base colors but I think I'm going to pass on that too.

So, neither of you had problems with the ccb settling into your lip lines?

Quote: Originally Posted by Fiberluver

Shontay,

Thanks!

With MM and CB I will use them on lips and cheeks only.

I love Madly Magenta though!

It is gorgeous!

I'm wondering if I should back this up or not! Is it perm.?

N

It's a pro item so there's no rush :)

[/quote] I didn't find that the CCB's settled into my lips any more than the usual lip product. I just don't use these when my lips are in bad shape.

Fiberluver

The MM ccb didn't settle into my lip lines either.

I love the finish and the shade is divine!

The first time I tried it I used it over Show Orchid l/s with Magenta l/l to fill in and Currant l/l to line for definition.

Now I have it on with just the Currant l/l for definition. I blended the ccb up into the l/l and the effect is lovely!

The ccb does crease on the eye, however.

I have one eye that has Fawntastic ccb with Ego e/s and the other has Delft p/p with Ego and the Fawntastic eye has creased and started to fade while the p/p eye is holding steady and looking gorgeous!

Fiberluver

The problem with PRO items is I don't have ready access to them.

The closet PRO store to me is in New York and I won't be going there anytime soon.

I know you can order things over the phone but I haven't done that yet.

So if I see something that is PRO on the website or in the stores I usually try to snap it up when I can.

I still trying to get my hands on Bronze CCB. I miss that one!

Natalie

keijukainen

The MM ccb didn't settle into my lip lines either.

I love the finish and the shade is divine!

The first time I tried it I used it over Show Orchid l/s with Magenta l/l to fill in and Currant l/l to line for definition.

Now I have it on with just the Currant l/l for definition. I blended the ccb up into the l/l and the effect is lovely!

The ccb does crease on the eye, however.

I have one eye that has Fawntastic ccb with Ego e/s and the other has Delft p/p with Ego and the Fawntastic eye has creased and started to fade while the p/p eye is holding steady and looking gorgeous!
Thanks again!

Those lip combos sound so amazing Fiberluver! I'll try VI with a l/l too.
It seems I'll be getting the rest of the ccb's and mayyyybe there's room for a tiney-weeney highlighter too
girlhaha.gif

Now I'm happy WW doesn't inspire me so I can get everything I wanted from SY.

Ember2

I'm going to go to the counter this weekend and re-try Style Curve and Something New. Violetta is nice on me, but a little bright, so I'm hoping Style Curve will be more flattering.

katred

Specktra Bestie
If you're looking for something in the same family as Violetta, but more toned down, Style Curve is absolutely your ticket.
I'm going to go to the counter this weekend and re-try Style Curve and Something New. Violetta is nice on me, but a little bright, so I'm hoping Style Curve will be more flattering.

Ember2

Thanks. The counter is all out of Style Curve and didn't have the tester, so I couldn't try it, but I can still order it. I didn't get to try Something New either, although I'm loving Gulabi so much I may not need another pinky colour for a while.

User38

I am getting very pissed off at the site tonight.. grrr

Style Curve has gone and come back with me on vacay.. it looks fantastic with summery clothing and skin

katred

Specktra Bestie
Ditto on both counts. There's definitely something weird about the site tonight and Style Curve is a lovely pink-purple colour. It's far more original than Something New from what I've seen.
I am getting very pissed off at the site tonight.. grrr

Style Curve has gone and come back with me on vacay.. it looks fantastic with summery clothing and skin

rockin

Style Curve is definitely one colour that will be coming on holiday with me this year, along with Mehr

marajode

You know, you posted this a while back. And it keeps popping back in my head.
Thank you for posting them. I thought I posted way back to you. but it's not there. twilight zone.

I'm curious, and next Tuesday I'm going by the Guerlain counter to look at these pressed ones. hmmmm.

I love, love, love, love PIP, but it doesn't hurt to look. eep.
(I'm not cheating on you PIP, a girl can look!!!)

(I hope I can finally post this....)

User38

Marajode -- I have both powders.. I use PIP every day except when I was on the beach... I love the meteorites powder and the finish is similar on my skin but I actually prefer it for going out more since it seems to deliver a tiny bit more sheen to my face.. I love both of them tho.. lol, it's like being in love with two men
hmm.gif
at the same time !

marajode

See, this makes me want to look at the meteorites even more. I think I will put PIP on one hand and the meteorites on the other and walk outside to compare when I'm at Nordstrom's next week.

aw, hell.
Who am I kidding? Anybody want to make bets that I will walk out of Nordies with a Guerlain purchase?
blink.gif

ever since PIP, I'm loving this new world of all over powder (not a setting powder, but you know what I mean). This world of perfecting powder. Normally I shy away from putting anything on my forehead or nose other than a matte finish.. until the PIP.

and LOL, two men. lol. makeup polygamy.
greengrin.gif

Marajode -- I have both powders.. I use PIP every day except when I was on the beach... I love the meteorites powder and the finish is similar on my skin but I actually prefer it for going out more since it seems to deliver a tiny bit more sheen to my face.. I love both of them tho.. lol, it's like being in love with two men
hmm.gif
at the same time !

User38

marajode.. yea can you imagine.. it's crazy enough loving one man.. imagine two at the same time..
tease.gif
There was an old song.. Torn between two loverssss.. lol..

if mu were men... I would be Heidi Fleiss
rofl.gif

Latest posts