MAC - Stylishly Yours Discussion

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks to every one of my Play it Proper enablers- it arrived today while I was doing my makeup (how great is that timing?) and so I tried it out right away. I couldn't get it to photograph very well, but it gives a nice cool rosy highlight to my cheeks without adding gold tones (which I don't mind, but enough already). Anyway, here it is on me, with and without flash:

keijukainen

katred, you're so beautiful! I love the natural glow PiP gives to your cheeks.

I've been telling myself for weeks now I don't need PiP and I already have too many highlighters, so instead I've been using Oh So Fair with a pink highlighter but I must admit it's not the same. PiP is all about glow from within and I don't quite achieve the look with OSF, I think it gives warmer sheen than PiP so it doesn't look as "fresh" if you know what I mean. I just don't think I have a cool toned pink highlighter, all of them seem to be slightly warm.

I got Style Curve today and I'm so happy I got it! It is the pigmented lipstick version of RIS on my lips and just like RIS, I can't say for sure if it's more purple or pink on me.

laylalovesmac

katred, you look stunning in both pics and in your new avatar!
pretty.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks very much Layla and Keijukainen
blush-anim-cl.gif
I figured that since the new avatar has light coloured lips, I needed to spend today reasserting myself as the dark lip lady...

Keijukainen, I also have OSF and I promise the effect is quite different- you've hit on it exactly in your comment- OSF is warmer, whereas Play It Proper is like a cool, whitish pink, lit-from-within glow.

Iya

Reply to nunu's comment:

they will launch champale next, they dont have the stylishly yours and marcel's updates yet :S

rockin

Katred, you look radiant in those photographs! I've yet to try out PIP myself, but am hoping it looks as good on me as it does on you. I like your choice of lippy, too

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks again!

Rockin- The lipstick I'm wearing is the underrated "Deepest Wish" from Tartan Tale. It's described as a reddish brown, but I find it changes a lot in the light. In warmer light, it is more of a reddish brown, but in daylight, it has a more purple-brown look, like Bloodline in lipstick form.

And I'm wearing PiP again today... I almost never repeat from one day to the next, but I couldn't help myself.

martiangurll

Okay, I thought I was gonna get out light from this collection, but now I am gonna add 2 of those PiP to my next order. I have Dark Diversion and Cockney and may still have to get a Style Curve. Maybe its too pink to be a must have? Team Purple, is Style Curve a do or a a don't???

bis

[quote name="martiangurll" url="/forum/thread/168657/mac-stylishly-yours-discussion/930#post_2076917"] Okay, I thought I was gonna get out light from this collection, but now I am gonna add 2 of those PiP to my next order. I have Dark Diversion and Cockney and may still have to get a Style Curve. Maybe its too pink to be a must have? Team Purple, is Style Curve a do or a a don't???
[/quote] A Do I think. It's a great nice bright not-too-bright purple pink. And it applies nicely on the lips.

keijukainen

Yes! Style Curve is gorgeous! What lip liner do you girls recommend for Style Curve?

I love my Style Curve too!

For the lipliner I'd say it depends whether you want to emphasize the purple or the pink in it. I think colors like Mac Magenta or Nyx Purple Rain might work for the purple finish. For the pink lip liner I can only think of Trimmed in Pink (LE?) from Mac, Hot Pink or Pinky from Nyx and what's the MUFE one now, 16C?

Latest posts