MAC - Superglass Discussion

LMD84

gift wrap is the only colour that i really like the look of!
smiles.gif
so this shall be a cheap collection for me!
smiles.gif
i think alot of the colours are dupable. i'm wondering if like dazzleglasses these will be sheer or pigmented though.
th_dunno.gif

Susanne

There are so many new lip products coming out this summer so I think I will just pick up one or two here
yes.gif

DollyGirl92

I only really want Cherry Electric and Fab Frenzy, I'm not too much of a gloss girl but these sound nice.

ShesAFoxyLady

What are superglasses then - how are they meant to be different to the other lip products (I must have missed the discussion elsewhere)? They look interesting in the swatch thread
yes.gif

ETA - just found the info. Triple the 'dazzle' compared to dazzleglasses? Yes please!
choochoo.gif

kpenn

I'm all over the place with these right now. I will definitely need swatches to help me narrow things down. There are just so many interesting lip products coming out this summer. It will be hard not to go absolutely crazy!

DollyGirl92

the summer is going to be awesome for collections! I can't believe I get to be in Florida for this, Pro store and several counters!!

westindiesangel

I'm super excited for this! I freakin' LOVE lipgloss! The only thing is...the price! When I find a gloss I really like, I use it nonstop, so I'm scared I'm gonna really like it and break the bank buying them, lol...

SagaLina

Well I'm looking forward to see more swatches. I think the dazzleglass dosen't glitter as much. I love the Preppy lipgelee from Lillyland and maybe the Supperglass is more like that in glitter factor..?

Fab Frenzy looks like a must have for someone that loves purple....But need more swatches.

shontay07108

Oh my goodness. Just checked out the swatch thread and I am all over Tunnel of Love, Disco Blend, Fab Frenzy and Totally Bang.

BadBadGirl

blush-anim-cl.gif

Sorry these swatches aren't the best everyone, I'm not used to this camera and this is really tricky to me to get it to look as great as everyone else's swatch pics.

So just consider these preliminary- don't cross them off due to my amateur skills.

P4030053.jpg

^This picture was taken outside- it was an an overcast day though. The rest were indoors. The gloss looks most like this picture above.

P4030065.jpg

Creme Allure DGcreme on top just to compare

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...s/P4030067.jpg

Creme Allure isn't as dark to me as it comes across in the pics, so that must be the lack of light I had to work with.

This gloss is pure glitter, not shimmer and sparkle like the dazzleglasses. I don't find them really gritty, but some will be put off since you'll feel the glitter. To me- a gritty feeling would hurt my lips. This gloss doesn't hurt, but you'll feel particles. It is a bit thick also, probably to hold all that glitter!
th_LMAO.gif

It's certainly eye-catching though. I'm not 100% sure I like it more than my dazzleglasses though. The one big plus is it is a bit more pigmented.

I'm going to attach bigger pics as soon as I resize them, along with the actual swatches next.

BadBadGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzajuju
These look so lovely but I hate chewing on grit, yuck. They remind me of YSL Sparkling Touch Sephora: Yves Saint Laurent TOUCHE BRILLANCE<br>Sparkling Touch For Lips: Lip Gloss which is like heavy grit sandpaper on my lips.
I'm loving Totally Bang, superflash and sweet tart.

I love YSL gloss, but I haven't tried those. When I go to Sephora tomorrow I'll do a comparison.

I know quite a few will be put off by the glitter flakes. It isn't totally little girl glitter gloss, but it isn't too far off. Maybe the glitter should have been a bit smaller? I don't know if that would have helped. I wore the gloss out last night and this morning I saw about 4 pieces stuck to my boyfriend's face!
th_LMAO.gif
He was amused.

MAC: snowflake-shaped helicone pearls sparkling in three different facets for triple the dazzle!

Very much spot on description. I'll have to try another color to see if I like these more than DGs. I already ordered another,(yeah I'm a glutton
girl_devil.gif
) so I'll swatch that also on a brighter day.