MAC - Surf Baby Discussion

peachsuns

My Saffron shows up well on me, too. Have you tried any base underneath, Alisha1?
tong.gif

My Saffron has good pigmentation and shows up well on NW20.

shontay07108

If you can't get Saffron to work, try Mufe #48. It's pretty darn close. I have Saffron and it works well for me(I got mine from the MC collection), but I will buy 48 anyway because the pigmentation is ridiculous. I swatched it in Sephora last weekend.

Alisha1

If you can't get Saffron to work, try Mufe #48. It's pretty darn close. I have Saffron and it works well for me(I got mine from the MC collection, but I will buy 48 anyway because the pigmentation is ridiculous. I swatched it in Sephora last weekend.
Thanks Shontay! I'll check it out when I'm in London, Mufe products usually have great pigmentation!

Mac-Guy

I would try it over a p/p. Painterly works well, though Constructivist works even better, especially if you want to go a bit darker. Good luck.

Alisha1

I would try it over a p/p. Painterly works well, though Constructivist works even better, especially if you want to go a bit darker. Good luck.

Thanks for the tips! I'm going to take Saffron with me to a MAC counter and experiment :)

sss215

If you can't get Saffron to work, try Mufe #48. It's pretty darn close. I have Saffron and it works well for me(I got mine from the MC collection), but I will buy 48 anyway because the pigmentation is ridiculous. I swatched it in Sephora last weekend.

MUFE #48 is awesome, and its really a blush, so I use it for both.

Saffron is one of the best MAC shadows this year. It will always be a favorite of mine.

shontay07108

I have a couple of Mufe shadows that can be used as blushes (or is that the other way around?). I've never used them as blushes. I keep forgetting to try.

Curly1908

I'm much darker than you, but mine doesn't show up either -- and I used it over UDPP. I had to literally PACK it on.

I got Surf USA, Sun Blonde and Saffron a few weeks ago and I love the first 2 but Saffron is such a disappointment! The colour just does not show up! I've tried using it with a few different brushes even my finger but the most I get is a sheer wash of colour! I wish I had got the MC one - the pigmentation was alot better!

sss215

I have a couple of Mufe shadows that can be used as blushes (or is that the other way around?). I've never used them as blushes. I keep forgetting to try.

blushes that we use as shadows. the infamous #92 is a blush. I have 48, 92, 58, and 64... all blushes i also use as shadows. the pigmentation is just awesome

ROlean

I love MUFE shadows for blush. You just can't top their pigmentation. I'm loving #116. Glad to see I'm not the only one.
thmbup.gif

Alisha1

^Same here! I just tried it wet and it shows up so atleast I can use it now!

You guys are are seriously making me consider ordering *blind* online and getting MUFE 48! I have to resist though I can't buy anymore makeup this month apart from some Chanel polishes!

Prettypackages

I broke my MC Saffron :( But it still works...

I am almost out of Hibiscus. I wish I got a backup this color is gorgeous. I need to stop buying up stuff and spend time backing up my favorites out of a collection. But then on the other hand, I figure MAC will come out with something similiar, or better later... But I'm almost half done with my Hibiscus. Hopefully it will be at a cco soon. LOL

Piarpreet

get korean kandy its very close n perm
I broke my MC Saffron :( But it still works...

I am almost out of Hibiscus. I wish I got a backup this color is gorgeous. I need to stop buying up stuff and spend time backing up my favorites out of a collection. But then on the other hand, I figure MAC will come out with something similiar, or better later... But I'm almost half done with my Hibiscus. Hopefully it will be at a cco soon. LOL

LMD84

well allcosmeticswholesale has been around a while and i've bought many things and nothing has been fake. i imagine these are some tester products or something. the reason mac didn't release the blushes is because the quality wasn't great (i'm sure that is what was said) so perhaps they had some made and the site owner got hold of them. some times mac does release products in certain countries only - however i do not believe this item was one of them.

kimibos

well allcosmeticswholesale has been around a while and i've bought many things and nothing has been fake. i imagine these are some tester products or something. the reason mac didn't release the blushes is because the quality wasn't great (i'm sure that is what was said) so perhaps they had some made and the site owner got hold of them. some times mac does release products in certain countries only - however i do not believe this item was one of them.

thanks for telling me that they sell real mac. im happy to know that, i have been wanting to buy some items that i missed from pass collections but i find ebay so expensive and not secure.