MAC The Matte Lip Collection (May 28/ June 4, 2015)

montREALady

I don't do dark colors. You are correct. Switching gears for a second......Do you wear Fashion Fair?
No, my Mom does...actually I saw her staple color in her stash yesterday from when they lipsticks came in the pink casing! I told her she should probably throw that out
lol.gif

Vandekamp

No, my Mom does...actually I saw her staple color in her stash yesterday from when they lipsticks came in the pink casing! I told her she should probably throw that out
lol.gif
I was wondering if they were going out of business. I went to Lord and Taylor today and they didn't have any FF makeup in stock. The manager says she keeps calling the FF rep but they refuse to replenish the makeup that is out of stock.

ARmakeupjunkie

I was wondering if they were going out of business. I went to Lord and Taylor today and they didn't have any FF makeup in stock. The manager says she keeps calling the FF rep but they refuse to replenish the makeup that is out of stock.
Someone told me about a month ago that they were going out of business but, I don't know for sure.

montREALady

Someone told me about a month ago that they were going out of business but, I don't know for sure.
I know Macy's online carries it. Macy's downtown BK doesn't, but the big one at Herald Sq seems to. I've never checked.
http://www1.macys.com/shop/makeup-and-perfume/fashion-fair?id=5206

sss215

D for Danger is gorgeous and I love the stain it creates. instigator is one of my favorite MAC shades of all time. So gorgeous!

Vandekamp

D for Danger is gorgeous and I love the stain it creates. instigator is one of my favorite MAC shades of all time. So gorgeous!
I agree with you. D for Danger is amazing. It's one of my favorites too. I hope Mac makes a liquid matte in that shade.

montREALady

Did comparison swatches of my vampy/dark purple colors. The ones I remembered off the top of my head. PH ended up not being as vampy as I thought in my head before swatching :lol:
As you can see MR is in the same family as the Sephora Jem liquid lipstick, Gunner and Vamplify She-Rebel. I know we've already discussed the latter two here. MR is more blue though. Instigator is the closest to NYX Temptress but also close to WnW Vamp It Up. They are both deep plums.

Vandekamp

As you can see MR is in the same family as the Sephora Jem liquid lipstick, Gunner and Vamplify She-Rebel. I know we've already discussed the later two here. MR is more blue though. Instigator is the closest to NYX Temptress but also close to WnW Vamp It Up. They are both deep plums.
Thank you for the swatches. Pure heroine looks much better on your hands than it does on my lips.

BuickMackane

Ugh. Pure Heroine. I hated it when I first got it but we're friends now. Well, sort of.

It's a streaky, smudgy mess when I apply it straight from the tube. A lip pencil only makes things worse.

However, it makes a beautiful stain when I apply it with a lip brush and, if necessary, work in the colour gently with a fingertip. It goes really well with a slightly dishevelled smoky eye :)

Marsha Pomells

Ugh. Pure Heroine. I hated it when I first got it but we're friends now. Well, sort of. It's a streaky, smudgy mess when I apply it straight from the tube. A lip pencil only makes things worse. However, it makes a beautiful stain when I apply it with a lip brush and, if necessary, work in the colour gently with a fingertip. It goes really well with a slightly dishevelled smoky eye :)
I didn't get the problem with streaking, I had to use a blue liner to make it as purple as the promo pic. Otherwise, just mix Cyber and Heroine for a nicer and less streaky version of PH

Latest posts