MAC Tropical Taboo Collection (2013)

erine1881

Temp. Rising was released the day before the intended date, on a Wednesday. I agree about the holiday thing. It seems silly that they would schedule this release on the 4th months in advance and then suddenly remember that it's Independence Day and then back out.
Right, that's what i was saying. On that wednesday they chose to move it up to that day. It wasn't like on sunday they decided to launch it wednesday. And early, non-thursday releases are decided immediately.

JenniBee73

Right, that's what i was saying. On that wednesday they chose to move it up to that day. It wasn't like on sunday they decided to launch it wednesday. And early, non-thursday releases are decided immediately.
Gotcha. So then what's your opinion on all this?

MACina

eyelove.gif
...added it to my list and hopefully it will work for my pale skin *fingers crossed*
Ok...so now I'm looking at the swatch of Rio on my hand in Walmart (bright ass lights) and Rio is def gorge!!! I see no silver shimmer but I do see golden & purplish pink shimmer!! Very subtle tho!!

erine1881

Gotcha. So then what's your opinion on all this?
If it has been bumped up, i think it'll be bumped up at all locations. There isn't a specialness to this collection that would warrant a store-only bump IMO. If it has been bumped up, let's say to pro online release tomorrow, that will be the dumbest mistake mac has made. People are waiting for riri, and as soon as that launches, they'll check out and not look back. It's obvious mac isn't thinking clearly on a lot of things.

janineios

Idk if its because I'm still recovering from my Vegas trip (just for back today), but I can't figure out the "secret site" thing :(

liba

eyelove.gif
...added it to my list and hopefully it will work for my pale skin *fingers crossed*
If you're pale, don't forget Adored!!! It's very unique. I can't think of another MSF that has a bright coral highlight to it. It's sort of colorless but with that amazing highlight that shows really strongly when it catches the light just right. It's very fairy or butterfly-like.

liba

Adored or lust for me?
Either, really….

Adored won't be too light for you. Lust is a little less delicate looking than Adored - it's not going to look brown, but it's not as sheer, so you have the strong metallic highlight and also some color underneath it. I still wouldn't want to wear it as a blush, unless you want ultra-sheen going on. Honestly, you could do Rio too without any trouble. I can't always wear bright pinks like that, but it looked great on me and I'm a very sallow NC15. Rio is more like Adored, where you barely see any color until the light hits it just right.

In order my personal favorites, it was Adored > Rio > Lust

KrystalAnne

If you're pale, don't forget Adored!!! It's very unique. I can't think of another MSF that has a bright coral highlight to it. It's sort of colorless but with that amazing highlight that shows really strongly when it catches the light just right. It's very fairy or butterfly-like.
Definitely sold me on it!

MACina

Thank you, liba!

Adored and Lust are on my list anyway.I was only unsure whether I should get Rio.But now I will
flower.gif

Adored sounds so beautiful.I am definitely most excited for this one!

purplevines

liba, any specific swirl pattern I should be on the lookout for in adored? It seems like with this one it doesn't matter, what do you think?

What will make me look MOST like a butterfly? :p

EDIT: if it helps/makes a difference, NC20

eepeepburrah

I think I have my list finalized. I want all the MSFs, Exotic Ember and Simmer blush, Embrace Me l/l, Hip n Happy l/l, and the 159. Sooo excited, but hoping that they release it all later in June. I dont think I can budget in my giant TT haul and a few from RiRi. We will see!!

liba

liba, any specific swirl pattern I should be on the lookout for in adored? It seems like with this one it doesn't matter, what do you think?

What will make me look MOST like a butterfly? :p

EDIT: if it helps/makes a difference, NC20
I don't think swirls are going to have too much variety here. I'm going to look for one with even amounts of both colors. I think if you got one with less coral, it'll be a little easier to control, because the coral part is very bright plus metallic, while the rest is almost invisible and a tiny bit less metallic. It works very well to put one layer on, let it set it for a moment, then put a second layer on top if you want the coral sheen to come out very strongly. Since that works just fine, there isn't a huge need to find one with lots of coral, since you'll get the same effect from 2 light layers with less coral and you'll then have more options.

NewChick10

Quote:Originally Posted by miss0annette

Well something is definitely going on with their website. They must be updating it because for a minute FMP was in stock again. I even added to my cart but now it's gone.

I currently see it back in stock on the regular Macs website and I am on central time it is 02:44 here.

purplevines

I don't think swirls are going to have too much variety here. I'm going to look for one with even amounts of both colors. I think if you got one with less coral, it'll be a little easier to control, because the coral part is very bright plus metallic, while the rest is almost invisible and a tiny bit less metallic. It works very well to put one layer on, let it set it for a moment, then put a second layer on top if you want the coral sheen to come out very strongly. Since that works just fine, there isn't a huge need to find one with lots of coral, since you'll get the same effect from 2 light layers with less coral and you'll then have more options.
Thank you :) Good to know I can just grab it and go!