MAC Vanilla Pigment

esoterica

Do you guys think that Vanilla pigment could work as a all purpose highlighter for dark skin too?

I want 1 pigment than can go with any shade of eyeshadow i'm wearing.

The swatch on the MAC site makes it look way too white but people seem to love this shade.

Does anyone know how this compares to Fairylite pigment?

TIA

OfficerJenny

Though I'm not of colour, Vanilla is a really sheer white, with golden caramel reflects, so it's not like OMG WHITE!!!!

I'm sure it looks great on all skintones, and it's buildable if it's too sheer!
greengrin.gif

MissAlphaKitty

I use vanilla pigment to highlight and I'm NC42+ at the moment... (with a 188 dupe from silk naturals)

also currently loving it in my lower water line... peachy gold mmmm

j_absinthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauty_marked
I find that Vanilla piggie is very close to NARS Albatross. Very sheer and great highlight.

Really? I picked up a sample yesterday and find Albatross to be more pale gold.

More on the subject, I love it's "buildability", it goes on really nice sheer or you can pack it on for something more foiled like. It's warmth should work really well sheered out on darker skintones. Totally dig it.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that it can resemble Dazzlelight e/s?

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoterica
Thanks beauty,

Do you think it would go well with most eyeshadow colours?

Yes! Vanilla is my new go to [eyeshadow] highlighter.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_absinthe
Also, am I the only one who thinks that it can resemble Dazzlelight e/s?

Hmm, I can see that, although they are a little different, I just can't articulate how.

aziajs

I love Vanilla. Everyone should own at least a sample. It works because it's everything - sheer and opaque, white and gold, pink and peach. Amazing color.

It's completely different from Fairylite. It's has more of a metallic finish and it has more dimension in terms of color.

TheeBettyBoop

I say yes
I am M skin tone, but my friend is dark skin and i use Vanilla pigment on her and it looks wonderful. In my opinion i belief that this pigment is very versitile that anyone can use it. If you dont have the pigment and are wondering how it might look on you, i recommend you to go to a Mac store and try it. Dont forget to get a sample and play with at home and try different ways of using it.

MissAlphaKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
It's completely different from Fairylite. It's has more of a metallic finish and it has more dimension in terms of color.

Thank you for the awesome description/comparison...
now I can scratch fairylite off my "to do" list
smiles.gif

NotteRequiem

Vanilla is my lifesaver, lol. There have been times (like.... today, actually haha) where I've used it as a brow highlight and then without putting more on the brush, I just bring down the color over my lids if I feel my eyeshadow is a little too dark for daytime. Brightens it right up for me. <3

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAlphaKitty
Thank you for the awesome description/comparison...
now I can scratch fairylite off my "to do" list
smiles.gif

DON'T! I think that Fairylite is great, and different enough to own as well as Vanilla. Try a sample.

BlaqueBarbie

I use my piggie to the max please believe it and sometimes I mix it with my moisturizer and it works great everyones always like your glowing as for a h/l its perfection!

M.A.C. head.

Vanilla pigment is versatile and GREAT for AA skin tones!

I used it as a high light for my brow bone and cheeks, and as someone mentioned, you can add most to a moisturizer for a glow.