MAC Vanilla Pigment

chocolategoddes

There's nothing Vanilla pigment can't do as far as I'm concerned. I bet it would end world hunger and poverty if it wasn't so busy being fabulous.

j_absinthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
There's nothing Vanilla pigment can't do as far as I'm concerned. I bet it would end world hunger and poverty if it wasn't so busy being fabulous.

I'd love to see a jar of it get the troops out of Iraq...

Lovey99

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoterica
Do you guys think that Vanilla pigment could work as a all purpose highlighter for dark skin too?

I want 1 pigment than can go with any shade of eyeshadow i'm wearing.

The swatch on the MAC site makes it look way too white but people seem to love this shade.

Does anyone know how this compares to Fairylite pigment?

TIA

I wear the Vanilla pigment as a brow highlight all of the time. I am NW47/MUFE 85/180.

LuvinMyMAC

Okay, I must really be missing something!!! I bought Vanilla and have yet to use it. But that's about to change!

esoterica

Well, i caved and got vanilla pigment! It's funny because it's not white at all! It almost looks slightly golden on me which is odd. I will be trying it with different shadows as time goes on to see what colour it really is. It is much more subtle than it looks on the site.

carandru

OMG...How could I not have none about the greatness that is Vanilla Pigment? I've had this pigment for a year or two now b/c I got it in a holiday set. I NEVER used it.. why I don't know... But, I used it yesterday and I fell in love. I will definitely add this to my regular rotation.

afulton

Vanilla pigment is one of my favorite pigments of all time. It's a beautiful highlight color. I have to try it on the cheeks and mixed with my foundation.

StyleBlack

Yeah, you ladies are right. Vanilla is an excellent colour for more pigmented skin. It shows up like a warm champagne gold colour on me (NW45 & up). I only use a bit to create a soft wash of colour.

kitson

I don't care about the colour.
icon_eek.gif

califabulous

I just bought my first pigments vanilla and tan. Vanilla has a few small ball-like clumps of product but my tan does not. Is this normal or could this mean I could have mistakenly gotten a used product? It seems fine but I don't see why such a soft product would "ball up". I can easily smash them loose with my brush there is nothing stiff or hard about the product.
anyone.gif

gildedangel

Some pigments naturally ball up like that, some pigment particles just stick to one another better than others.
I just bought my first pigments vanilla and tan. Vanilla has a few small ball-like clumps of product but my tan does not. Is this normal or could this mean I could have mistakenly gotten a used product? It seems fine but I don't see why such a soft product would "ball up". I can easily smash them loose with my brush there is nothing stiff or hard about the product.
anyone.gif

califabulous

califabulous, these are your first pigments? Nice choices! Looks good! Are you wearing Vanilla as a highlighter in your pic?
Thanks! Yes these are my first and yes, I'm wearing at a cheek highlight. I have been afraid of loose anything since forever but these were too beautiful to pass up. I wore it on my brow bone yesterday and it was instant love!

Copperhead

Thanks! Yes these are my first and yes, I'm wearing at a cheek highlight. I have been afraid of loose anything since forever but these were too beautiful to pass up. I wore it on my brow bone yesterday and it was instant love!
I know right? Vanilla is lovely. They both are actually. Tan doesn't get much love from me for some reason. I shamefully neglect it. I need to pull that one out one day soon.

califabulous

I know right? Vanilla is lovely. They both are actually. Tan doesn't get much love from me for some reason. I shamefully neglect it. I need to pull that one out one day soon.
i love Tan as well! you must use it soon and remind yourself how beautiful it is.

Nepenthe

anyone.gif
^ It's just the nature of pigments, different shades and formulas give different textures. Just like the crushed metal pigments or solar bits, break 'em up and you're good to go.