MAC - Venomous Villains Discussion

LMD84

Re: MAC - Venomous Villains discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
Thank you! OK, so the mirror doesn't have the pictures on both sides.
lol.gif
I had to go back to Temptalia to see his open mouth image and laughed again! LOL Too funny!
girlhaha.gif
But he looks serious there, so I should not laugh?
girlhaha.gif

i still keep laughing at it even today!
tong.gif

Kirsty

Just saw Bis' swatch of French Quarter GPS. Not very excited by this, it looks a bit dull
th_dunno.gif
I should have been a glittery true green.

Rinstar

I'm actually glad it's not til September 30th! i need to save some money LOL. I'm granting myself permission to buy anything and everything that I want from this collection.

I've been waiting for a Villains collection for a long time, right???

laylalovesmac

After Bis' swatches I am on the fence about French Quarter. I wish it were more green, but I have been looking for a dark brown/black and missed out on Dirty. I'll probably get this anyway.
cutey.gif

Thanks Bis!
heart.gif

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
After Bis' swatches I am on the fence about French Quarter. I wish it were more green, but I have been looking for a dark brown/black and missed out on Dirty. I'll probably get this anyway.
cutey.gif

Thanks Bis!
heart.gif

If you want something like that you can also check out mufe aqua cream liner in anthracite. I already own it and it's the reason why I skipped Dirty gps.

Anachronism86

I've been on a blush kick all year and after seeing the product pictures on Temptalia I want the blushes and beauty powders from both the Cruella and Evil Queen collections.
I'm also loving the coral lippies from evil queen and the light pink from Cruella, but I'm attempting a no buy on lip products because I'd like to use some things up before restocking. Nothing is more upsetting than opening a neglected lippie and discovering it reeks of play-doh.

liba

Quote:
cutey.gif

Thanks Bis!
heart.gif

I was always going to skip FQ, since I figured I had GG....looking at these swatches, it's certainly more like Dirty or maybe Below Ground, depending on the sheen irl.

'If you didn't get Dirty or Below Ground and like greasepaint sticks, FQ would be a great choice and very useful. I use the heck out of both of those.

Slick Black is also really nice, since they're repromoting that one. Didn't expect they'd bring it back so fast.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
If you want something like that you can also check out mufe aqua cream liner in anthracite. I already own it and it's the reason why I skipped Dirty gps.

I don't use MUFE, but thanks! I really wish I did because all of the colors are so gorgeous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba
I was always going to skip FQ, since I figured I had GG....looking at these swatches, it's certainly more like Dirty or maybe Below Ground, depending on the sheen irl.

'If you didn't get Dirty or Below Ground and like greasepaint sticks, FQ would be a great choice and very useful. I use the heck out of both of those.

Slick Black is also really nice, since they're repromoting that one. Didn't expect they'd bring it back so fast.

I will be getting Slick Black as well. Maybe even 2. I didn't get it w/ Art Supplies and it seems like it could be a staple for me.
yes.gif
If they still have it in stock when I get my Tartan Tale stuff, I will get a b/u. Otherwise, just the one.
yes.gif

shontay07108

That French Quarter GPS is a real bummer. So now all I want is Bite of An Apple blush, Heartless lipstick and Violetta lipstick.

I am interested in Her Alter Image and Vile Violet shadows. Need more swatches.

liba

Quote:
I will be getting Slick Black as well. Maybe even 2. I didn't get it w/ Art Supplies and it seems like it could be a staple for me.
yes.gif
If they still have it in stock when I get my Tartan Tale stuff, I will get a b/u. Otherwise, just the one.
yes.gif

I got 2 Slick Black and 2 Dirty when Art Supplies came out because I've always preferred thick, moist eye crayons over standard pencils and these don't budge. However, a little goes a looooong way with them. In all honesty, I probably didn't need the backups, since it looks like greasepaint sticks are here to stay and will be back. Maybe if I sharpened them all the time they'd wear out faster, but they keep an ok point for a long time for me and I prefer the smudgy look anyways.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
I got 2 Slick Black and 2 Dirty when Art Supplies came out because I've always preferred thick, moist eye crayons over standard pencils and these don't budge. However, a little goes a looooong way with them. In all honesty, I probably didn't need the backups, since it looks like greasepaint sticks are here to stay and will be back. Maybe if I sharpened them all the time they'd wear out faster, but they keep an ok point for a long time for me and I prefer the smudgy look anyways.

Maybe I will only get 1 Slick Black. I do have the one from Style Black and I have Uniformly Blue (
heart.gif
) and I rarely sharpen them.... You're right- b/u may be excessive.....
lol.gif

Sass

Just got my fix from Temptalia so I'm back with a very ambitious list of what I think I want from this collection...DH is totally prepared for this one
tong.gif

Cruella DeVil
Carbon e/s
Heartless l/s
Devishly stylish l/g
Darkly My Dear blush ???

Queen B
Toxic Tale l/s ???
Strange Potion l/g ???
Vainglorious e/s
Her Alter Image e/s
Bite of an Apple blush (I want I want)

Maleficent (my fave Disney Villain)
All of it including all of the nail polishes

Shadow Man
(are you ready???)
Resort Life l/g - thank the Gods I get another chance at this one
Cajun liquid powder ???
Mirror

kiss

I want the toxic tale lipstick, green/blue mineralize shadow, magic cool powder, and the bite of an apple blush. If the nailpolishes wow me I might get 2 as well. I am thinking of skipping all the beauty powers as I never use them since I don't like the texture except for shell pearl. Is any of them like shell pearl?

laylalovesmac

I cut my list back more!
th_DANCE.gif

[FONT=&quot]Evil Queen[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](Eyeshadow) Vile Violet[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Maleficent
[/FONT][FONT=&quot](Mineralize Eyeshadow) My Dark Magic[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Deep pink with pink pearl/Deep plum with purple pearl
[/FONT][FONT=&quot](Beauty Powder) Briar Rose[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Soft violet pink with pearl
[/FONT][FONT=&quot](Nail Lacquer) Bad Fairy[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Red with multichanging pigments (this one is for the mom
tong.gif
)
[/FONT][FONT=&quot](Nail Lacquer) Formidable![/FONT][FONT=&quot] Teal green with pink pigment
[/FONT][FONT=&quot](Nail Lacquer) Mean & Green[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Purple with teal pigment
Dr. Facilier
[/FONT][FONT=&quot](Greasepaint Stick) Slick Black[/FONT][FONT=&quot] True carbon black
[/FONT][FONT=&quot](Greasepaint Stick) French Quarter[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Black green with multicolor pearl
[/FONT][FONT=&quot](Pigment) Push the Edge[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Deep bright purple with pearl[/FONT]

I never dreamed I could get it under $200. Much less right at $150!!!!
graucho.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
That French Quarter GPS is a real bummer. So now all I want is Bite of An Apple blush, Heartless lipstick and Violetta lipstick.

I am interested in Her Alter Image and Vile Violet shadows. Need more swatches.

yeah it is not particularly pretty at all
ssad.gif

bis

Quote:

The base color is very dark and it has multicoloured sparkles, irl the colour is very different to Dirty, which is a taupe colour.
Nice colour, but not unique.

*JJ*

i'm still on the fence about what to get from this collection.
but i love love love my resort life lipgelee! those who love a nude lip, give this a try - looks amazing over nude lippies!

erine1881

Quote:
cutey.gif

Thanks Bis!
heart.gif

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
The base color is very dark and it has multicoloured sparkles, irl the colour is very different to Dirty, which is a taupe colour.
Nice colour, but not unique.

like bis says above, FQ is nothing like dirty. they're nothing alike.

speaking of slick black, we still have alot of em left at my counter.