MAC - Venomous Villains Discussion

LMD84

Re: MAC - Venomous Villains discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
haha so basically it's a bit of a duff pigment!

meh i still use it! my eyes have not burned out yet! ;p

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84

i probably use unsafe pigments on my eyes and i'm alright too
smiles.gif

probably need to have a wee look at the list though.

liba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
MAC usually does release parties for the February, the August and the holiday collection as far as I know.

So Spring Colour Forecast, Fabulous Felines and A Tartan Tale this year.

They had Liberty of London and To the Beach parties in the States too.....

DollyGirl92

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
i probably use unsafe pigments on my eyes and i'm alright too
smiles.gif

probably need to have a wee look at the list though.

I've got sensitive eyes so I'm not sure if I should give it ago and buy it, it's a pretty colour! I'm pretty sure that no red eyeshadows are going to get along with me!

I'm thinking about getting Hot House lipglass after seeing some pictures.

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyGirl92
I've got sensitive eyes so I'm not sure if I should give it ago and buy it, it's a pretty colour! I'm pretty sure that no red eyeshadows are going to get along with me!

don't risk it. there are plent eye-safe purples out there.
i'm with you on the red eyeshadow though, they make me look like i'm infected which is deeply unsexy!

hot house is gorgeous isn't it? i really want it but i got electric fuchsia, true babe and just add colour earlier this year so i've got more than enough pink to last me.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyGirl92

Doesn't Hot House look incredible? I love it!

PinkBasset

Quote:
which really makes you wonder where they think people will use grape! on the freaking cheeks?!

Heeh!
tong.gif
th_LMAO.gif
I can imagine it in my mind - nice natural flush with Grape! Hotness! Now maybe I have to try it with PTE!
shockt.gif
graucho.gif

MAC_Fafinette14

From what I remember, Brash & Bold and Push the Edge are safe for use on both the eyes and lips. And as far as I can tell, Melon is as well. So...blended over Slick Black GPS or mixed with Resort Life, there's a lot of colour ideas in that section.

sss215

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
nope.gif
Nope.. at least the tester I have of Bite of an Apple is completely more corally/red than either Instant Chic or ML which are true coral /oranges
yes.gif

i am embracing the bite of an apple description! can't wait to see swatches!! thanks!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
Except that PTE is eyesafe where Grape isn't. Entremauve is eyesafe too though for those that care about this!
smiles.gif

yeah, i ignore all the eye/lip safety guidelines! as long as my eyes and lips are still in/on my face, i'm good!
th_wink3.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyfacedPen
You know, I was thinking about it, and I think this collection would have been perfect for Mattenes to make a comeback. By this time I should probably give up on them coming back. :p

sadly i've given up on them coming back too.
cry.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
MAC usually does release parties for the February, the August and the holiday collection as far as I know.

So Spring Colour Forecast, Fabulous Felines and A Tartan Tale this year.

don't forget summer too!

Quote:
which really makes you wonder where they think people will use grape! on the freaking cheeks?!

nail polish, hair gel, face painting...

Quote:

my eyes are still here too, so until they aren't...!

Hypathya

Quote:
very very true!
smiles.gif
sadly i own all 3 of them
th_confused_new.gif

You'll never run out of purples!!
cutey.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
Except that PTE is eyesafe where Grape isn't. Entremauve is eyesafe too though for those that care about this!
smiles.gif

Thanks dear!!
thmbup.gif

Quote:
The technology involved in making this powder is really interesting --- it looks like powder and yet on application feels wet until it dries to a lovely finish. I myself had a bit of a problem when I tested PX Liquid powder and the PX bronzing powder because I used the wrong brush (It splotched on).

If you get the hang of application, then these wet/dry powders are lovely -- if not you get a splotchy face
ssad.gif

Wow!! I must try the ones in this collection!!
sneaky.gif

What brush do you recommend, sweetie???
th_confused_new.gif

Quote:
nope.gif
Nope.. at least the tester I have of Bite of an Apple is completely more corally/red than either Instant Chic or ML which are true coral /oranges
yes.gif

Now I have to get it!!!
greengrin.gif

Quote:

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
rofl.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881

don't forget summer too!

Thank you, Erin!

I know there were release parties for Style Warriors - but I could not remember for Neo Sci-Fi and To The Beach
winks.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba
They had Liberty of London and To the Beach parties in the States too.....

See, I have never been to a release party here..... There are only a few in the country and always too far away from me.

Thanks!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
yeah, i ignore all the eye/lip safety guidelines! as long as my eyes and lips are still in/on my face, i'm good!
th_wink3.gif

nail polish, hair gel, face painting...

aha! yes i guess grape could be used for these things... i should think outside of the box more!

PlatinumV

@Susanne: no, I was not referring to holiday sets, but in the list of this collection, there are 4 "titles": Cruella, Evil Queen, Maleficient and Dr. Facilier. I was asking if cosmetics of this collection must be bought in sets (ie: all belonging to Cruella).

Is already available any pic of these cosmetics? I cannot wait to see e/s and pigments!

PS: from what I've read, grape is eyesafe if it shows a certain code. I've checked at home and my grape is actually eyesafe so, have a look at the bottom of the jar
winks.gif

romi79_2008

Quote:

Haha, so funny Lou
th_LMAO.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumV
@Susanne: no, I was not referring to holiday sets, but in the list of this collection, there are 4 "titles": Cruella, Evil Queen, Maleficient and Dr. Facilier. I was asking if cosmetics of this collection must be bought in sets (ie: all belonging to Cruella).

Is already available any pic of these cosmetics? I cannot wait to see e/s and pigments!

PS: from what I've read, grape is eyesafe if it shows a certain code. I've checked at home and my grape is actually eyesafe so, have a look at the bottom of the jar
winks.gif

oh you don't have to buy the full set of characters items. they'll be grouped together by character but all items will be sold on their own like normal
smiles.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
oh you don't have to buy the full set of characters items. they'll be grouped together by character but all items will be sold on their own like normal
smiles.gif

Thank god for that because I would have EVERYTHING!

cutemiauw

Is it weird that I want Melon pigment on this collection
th_confused_new.gif
. I mean, I never bought the perm line because I'm always saving up for some upcoming collections. So perhaps it's a sign that I should get Melon
tong.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutemiauw
Is it weird that I want Melon pigment on this collection
th_confused_new.gif
. I mean, I never bought the perm line because I'm always saving up for some upcoming collections. So perhaps it's a sign that I should get Melon
tong.gif

I think melon would look gorgeous on you! I think it is a universal color that absolutely anyone can pull off. If you want it, get it! I bought it last fall and I love it! It may be the only pigment I ever finish!

LMD84

yes melon is a lovely pigment. i used to think it was over-rated. however i have actually used it a heck of alot over the past 6 months or so. looks great for everyday looks and you can jazz it up with a bright blue or teal liner
smiles.gif

Latest posts