MAC Vibe Tribe Collection (May 12/19 2016)

LiliV

Did this collection launch at the same time for every one at the MAC site? I swear as I tried to check out everything said coming soon. I ask because I have reached the 'Devoted' level at MAC and I am still trying to figure out this early access to selected collections benefit. What does that mean?

I have a feeling they'll announce the collections that the early access applies to when one is coming up. I also have a feeling it's not going to be any really big collections though like Summer or Holiday

montREALady

I went ahead and ordered on Macy's through ebates. I'm not waiting on MAC I think it's going to launch on Thursday. I just need to get that online only blush there. I ordered the glemstones, Arrowhead, HC and Adobe brick.

I ordered the same but Adobe Brick, but that's the only blush I'd get from this collection since the others are like a lot of the other blushes I seem to get from MAC, coral-ish. I'll probably have my sis get it for me with her discount though. I feel like I need to place an order with Macy's just for the 15%. Doesn't have to be MAC. I placed one yesterday to pick up in store! I should place another and return the first one, lol! Maybe I'll get Alice from UD...

Ana A

I picked up HC hoping is different from the first launch because I wasn't a huge fan of that one and because I need at least one lipstick in this packaging. Adobe Brick, Painted Canyon, Gleamstones Powder, and a couple things from the Chris Chang collection also made it to my cart. Painted sunset looks tempting but I'm fighting the voices in my head for now :fight: I think the item I'm most excited about in this collection is Adobe Brick though.

montREALady

I picked up HC hoping is different from the first launch because I wasn't a huge fan of that one and because I need at least one lipstick in this packaging. Adobe Brick, Painted Canyon, Gleamstones Powder, and a couple things from the Chris Chang collection also made it to my cart. Painted sunset looks tempting but I'm fighting the voices in my head for now :fight: I think the item I'm most excited about in this collection is Adobe Brick though.
When I showed my friend HC and told her everyone is feening for it she said it looked like an "old lady" color. I don't regret ordering it so clearly I'm an "old lady":rolleyes::p

squirtlesquad54

Do I need painted canyon? I'm super fair and it looks pretty pigmented.

Also considering wild horses, weirdly. And Delphic. Annoyed Delphic isn't up on Nordies. /:

I ordered call of the canyon but now I'm thinking I should have ordered wild horses :/ the colors look so pretty together

laurennnxox

I ordered call of the canyon but now I'm thinking I should have ordered wild horses :/ the colors look so pretty together

I mean, Call of the Canyon is all new colors right? So I don't blame you. :p 1/2 of the colors in Wild Horses are perm, according to T. But I don't have either. I keep picturing a pretty neutral look with a pop of blue on lower lashes! It's calling to me. lol!

laurennnxox

As I was telling you earlier I think it's an error, maybe chat with them and let them know?

oh, sorry! I was on mobile 'til now and the platform is atrocious to use on my phone and the thread was also moving kinda fast-- so I must have missed that the first time around.

I'm currently chatting with a Nordstrom Rep and we'll see what they say!

laurennnxox

So, Nordstrom said this:

"Eanjee P: I apologize Lauren but with that specific item it is actually a maccosmetics.com item only. Would you like me to show you some other products that are close though? It just won't have that fancy packaging."

Does anyone remember reading that Delphic was Maccosmetics.com only? It's weird because Nordstrom has the two colors listed that weren't even in the press release in the formula. Lol. I'm so confused. I guess I'll just order from MAC. I tried to explain to them that I think it's wrong but they're not understanding.

EDIT: It's up online on Macy's. -_- so obviously it's not only to mac.com. C'mon Nordstrom. It's nice that Macy's has 15% ebates but makes me nervous because they completely lost my $150+ Cinderella order for nearly weeks and wouldn't do anything about it. It randomly showed up at my door all banged up and packaged like shit.

Last edited:

montREALady

oh, sorry! I was on mobile 'til now and the platform is atrocious to use on my phone and the thread was also moving kinda fast-- so I must have missed that the first time around.

I'm currently chatting with a Nordstrom Rep and we'll see what they say!
No prob! I know how it is! hahaha.

So, Nordstrom said this:

"Eanjee P: I apologize Lauren but with that specific item it is actually a maccosmetics.com item only. Would you like me to show you some other products that are close though? It just won't have that fancy packaging."

Does anyone remember reading that Delphic was Maccosmetics.com only? It's weird because Nordstrom has the two colors listed that weren't even in the press release in the formula. Lol. I'm so confused. I guess I'll just order from MAC. I tried to explain to them that I think it's wrong but they're not understanding.
I just started a chat myself for you, let's see what they say. OMG, it's the same person and they said:

Eanjee P: Let me take a look at that for you! Thank you for letting us know!
Eanjee P: You are completely right! I will get that over to the right people as soon as possible to get that fixed. I really appreciate you informing us.

laurennnxox

No prob! I know how it is! hahaha.

I just started a chat myself for you, let's see what they say. OMG, it's the same person and they said:

Eanjee P: Let me take a look at that for you! Thank you for letting us know!
Eanjee P: You are completely right! I will get that over to the right people as soon as possible to get that fixed. I really appreciate you informing us.

WTF EANJEE! lmaoooo. he played me.

montREALady

What are the online-exclusives again? All I noticed on the website was Firebrush and Rio Grande Romance (Patent)...oh yes, Painted Canyon, okay, they don't have it listed as an online exclusive though clearly it is since Macy's and Nordies don't have it.

laurennnxox

He probably got a few people bringing it up and actually did look into it this time instead of lying, lmaooo! Eanjee's a playa! ;)

He almost lost the company money. Actually-- I feel like... I just might want to order off a different website anyway now. Nordie's free shipping is slow AF anyway. I just like that it's easy in-store returns for me if I don't like anything.

montREALady

He almost lost the company money. Actually-- I feel like... I just might want to order off a different website anyway now. Nordie's free shipping is slow AF anyway. I just like that it's easy in-store returns for me if I don't like anything.

I know, I ordered Hot Chocolate from them just to get it out the way since I was the most curious about it because of the hype. It's so weird because certain things I get super fast from them. Seems to be shoes/socks...I get that in 2 days. Makeup takes like 4 or so. Different warehouses.

laurennnxox

it's still not fixed. I'm just going to go about my day. I don't really need another bronzer. I think it won't sell out fast, anyway. I'll just check back later. I'm sure Wild Horses will end up in my cart too. :rolleyes:

montREALady

it's still not fixed. I'm just going to go about my day. I don't really need another bronzer. I think it won't sell out fast, anyway. I'll just check back later. I'm sure Wild Horses will end up in my cart too. :rolleyes:

Girl come on now, you know that ain't getting fixed no time soon, lol. It won't sell out. Hot Chocolate is even still there. Dillard's must have had 10 :rolleyes:

Corally

I swear I saw someone say they used it more than once. I must have read it wrong, they probably just meant that the code was still working. Call them!

I thought that person (can't remember who, sorry!) used the code in store ánd online.

Latest posts