MAC - Viva Glam Special Edition Lipstick Discussion

OfficerJenny

Theres a new Viva Glam lipstick coming in march, and this time it's a special edition :3

Viva Glam Special Edition: Soft blue pink (lustre)
Supposedly it's not so much like a lustre, but more creamy with more coverage. And very very hot! A slightly Mauvey berry plum.

"A lavender-lovely Fergie asks us to enter a new kind of dreamscape, to feel the "Yes, we can!" of tomorrow, and to push forward on behalf of every man, woman, and child affected by HIV/AIDS. As always, every cent of VIVA GLAM proceeds will go where it's needed most...VIVA GLAM VI Lipstick, Lipglass, and Special Edition Lipglass lead the way. With each new VIVA GLAM season, we get a little bit closer to a cure, and we're proud to be part of that fight."

aziajs

I am confused. The last Viva Glam lip color she did was limited and the description of that isn't terribly different than this one. Is it really new or is it a re-launch of the last?

OfficerJenny

The one that was part of Fergie's campaign last year was a gloss, this is a lipstick
smiles.gif

BunnyBunnyBunny

It is really pretty! I can't wait for it to launch. I see it being the next Viva Glam V aka MAC's next perfect-color-big-seller!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
It is really pretty! I can't wait for it to launch. I see it being the next Viva Glam V aka MAC's next perfect-color-big-seller!

hopefully this means we get a new tee too. the current one sucks ass! i really liked the portrait ones that came out with VG VI.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerJenny
The one that was part of Fergie's campaign last year was a gloss, this is a lipstick
smiles.gif

Right, but color-wise is there a real difference?

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
Right, but color-wise is there a real difference?

Absolutely.

The gloss is a pinky mauve. It has like an obvious purple tone in it. The lipstick is softer and more neutral looking. It's like a beige based pinkplum. Think Viva Glam V but instead of beige pink, it's beigeberry.

nunu

Quote:
Absolutely.

The gloss is a pinky mauve. It has like an obvious purple tone in it. The lipstick is softer and more neutral looking. It's like a beige based pinkplum. Think Viva Glam V but instead of beige pink, it's beigeberry.

I can't wait to pictures and swatches of it
choochoo.gif

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
hopefully this means we get a new tee too. the current one sucks ass! i really liked the portrait ones that came out with VG VI.

Yes please! I hate the stripe ones!! I looove the ones that say everyday is world AIDS day at MAC and its over and over in sparkly red.
ssad.gif
I want that one. All I have is Dita and the fugly stripe.

erine1881

Quote:
Yes please! I hate the stripe ones!! I looove the ones that say everyday is world AIDS day at MAC and its over and over in sparkly red.
ssad.gif
I want that one. All I have is Dita and the fugly stripe.

i wanted the dita one sooo bad. i got lisa marie, not bad tho. i've got a couple of tees, and while the world aids day one nice-i use it for pjs now-i was hoping they woulda sent us a new one for last month.
ssad.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerJenny
Viva Glam Special Edition: Soft blue pink (lustre)
Supposedly it's not so much like a lustre, but more creamy with more coverage. And very very hot! A slightly Mauvey berry plum.

Quote:

amazed.gif
th_drool.gif

anita22

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Viva Glam VI SE lipglass!!! It's one of my favourites ever, so I'm really excited MAC is launching a lipstick in the same colour family (and in my favourite formula too - Lustre).

VDUB*BELLA

I have met a few 'good lustre' lipsticks
Fingers crossed this will be one of them..
choochoo.gif

I'm all for supporting VG and I cant say no to a pink lipstick

Vanilla_Mint

Quote:
Absolutely.

I can't wait to see it!
drools.gif