MAC x Carine Roitfeld (Fall 2012)

GunpowderPixi

Desert is the taupe plum shade, I think you were talking about Camo that one I agree it would be Quarry or Moleskin, I have Quarry though :)

martiangurll

Desert is the taupe plum shade, I think you were talking about Camo that one I agree it would be Quarry or Moleskin, I have Quarry though :)
Yeah, I mixed them up, Quarry does look closer to Camo. I think Urban Decay YDK would be close--its a lovely taupe. Looks similar to T's swatch of Desert...

Corally

I've decided I'm going to skip this entire collection so I've got more money to spend on the holiday collections yay!

Beauty911

Did a look with Camo quad today. Same as the desert look I described but used the Camo colors. This look produced a really dramatic smoky eye. Darker and smoker than the desert one. The looks were very different. Glad I got both quads. I love smoky looks for fall and I will be reaching for these often. If you have a huge MAC collection I can see why you might not need both quads. Being a MAC newbie though I needed both quads. I know they will get a lot of usuage this fall.:encore:

martiangurll

Did a look with Camo quad today. Same as the desert look I described but used the Camo colors. This look produced a really dramatic smoky eye. Darker and smoker than the desert one. The looks were very different. Glad I got both quads. I love smoky looks for fall and I will be reaching for these often. If you have a huge MAC collection I can see why you might not need both quads. Being a MAC newbie though I needed both quads. I know they will get a lot of usuage this fall.
encore.gif
I am thinking I want to get the other quad now that I have the Desert one. If they are the same in terms of quality, I can justify having both. Now, just to wait for more funds...

Mac-Guy

I am thinking I want to get the other quad now that I have the Desert one. If they are the same in terms of quality, I can justify having both. Now, just to wait for more funds...
Do it! They are both fantastic.

BTW, how do you like TM l/s?

MACina

I got my CR goodies today
yahoo.gif

So far I have only tried TM and it is sooooo pretty.I love how it looks on my lips
love.gif

I am really curious to try the cremeblend blushes and to see how they look on me.This is not the kind
of color I usually wear but I always love to play with new colors/textures/products etc.!

honey on boost

I got my CR goodies today
yahoo.gif

So far I have only tried TM and it is sooooo pretty.I love how it looks on my lips
love.gif

I am really curious to try the cremeblend blushes and to see how they look on me.This is not the kind
of color I usually wear but I always love to play with new colors/textures/products etc.!

They look so pretty! I've been so busy I haven't even tried mine yet.

martiangurll

Sooooo, I was looking for some nice neutrals to pair with Chrome Yellow e/s (Pro) and I grabbed my Desert quad from Carine Roitfeld and I was so wrong about these being chalky. I tried all of the colors (yes, even Carbon) and they were all like Butter. This quad was so fabulous I think I am going to get the other one also. The taupe color in the Desert quad was pure love.
heart.gif

Dominique33

Thanks for sharing, I love the packagings ( very classy ) I just took 1 nail polish but I saw the palettes today. The colours look beautiful ( eyeshadows I mean ).
mac_atemywallet.gif
But... as M.A.C ate my wallet I must think it over !

Mac-Guy

Sooooo, I was looking for some nice neutrals to pair with Chrome Yellow e/s (Pro) and I grabbed my Desert quad from Carine Roitfeld and I was so wrong about these being chalky. I tried all of the colors (yes, even Carbon) and they were all like Butter. This quad was so fabulous I think I am going to get the other one also. The taupe color in the Desert quad was pure love.
heart.gif
It's a dream for taupe lovers, isn't it?
heart2.gif

BuickMackane

Just received my Tropical Mist lippie! I was initially quite put off by the negative reviews on a number of blogs, but I thought I should give it a chance after reading some very positive comments here on Specktra. First impressions - looks lovely! Not too warm, not too cool, not too light, not too dark. Just right. Can't wait to play with it. I've been doing a lot of wacky, colourful eyes lately (looking at you, Sugarpill palettes!) and I think TM will give me the perfect nude lip to go with them.

Mac-Guy

Just received my Tropical Mist lippie! I was initially quite put off by the negative reviews on a number of blogs, but I thought I should give it a chance after reading some very positive comments here on Specktra. First impressions - looks lovely! Not too warm, not too cool, not too light, not too dark. Just right. Can't wait to play with it. I've been doing a lot of wacky, colourful eyes lately (looking at you, Sugarpill palettes!) and I think TM will give me the perfect nude lip to go with them.
I'm seriously hoping for similar formulas and shades of TM in the near future. It's my favorite lippie of the year next to Cusp of Dawn and Flamingo.

mousygiggles

I'm seriously hoping for similar formulas and shades of TM in the near future. It's my favorite lippie of the year next to Cusp of Dawn and Flamingo.
I would like a slightly pinker version. I was hoping Beauty would be just that but it looks way creamier.

Mac-Guy

I would like a slightly pinker version. I was hoping Beauty would be just that but it looks way creamier.
I think MAC needs a new product category for "tinted lipstick." I would certainly buy all of them :) The lustre formula comes close, though I found the TM way more moisturizing.

Yes, Beauty is a lot creamier than TM.