MAC x Carine Roitfeld (Fall 2012)

martiangurll

Wow, I just saw the D+ rating that T gave to the Jungle palette. Is it that bad? I like the bronzer and I love my Desert palette but that rating is really making me hesitate. Tell me she is exaggerating the poor pigmentation and color payoff?

liba

Wow, I just saw the D+ rating that T gave to the Jungle palette. Is it that bad? I like the bronzer and I love my Desert palette but that rating is really making me hesitate. Tell me she is exaggerating the poor pigmentation and color payoff?
I have the Jungle palette and I think it's very nice. I mostly bought it for the blush, which is super duper awesome, but the shadows work really well for my skin tone too and have good pigmentation and texture. The colors aren't particularly unusual, but they're very handy neutrals - the palest color is a very good highlight for me, and I'm really picky about highlight shadows.

MACina

Not at all IMO!

I have and love both palettes
eyelove.gif

I agree with liba....great neutral colors and I really like the texture and the pigmentation.

Mac-Guy

If you like the Desert one, you will certainly like the Jungle palette too.

martiangurll

Not at all IMO!

I have and love both palettes
eyelove.gif

I agree with liba....great neutral colors and I really like the texture and the pigmentation.
Thanks folks, I think I am opting to get the other Roitfeld palette instead of the holiday ones. Of course I may renege and decide later to get a holiday palette at the CCO for a discount, but if the Jungle palette is like the Desert one, its a win win. Love these colors. I also like how the powder shadows slide over the cream blush product so the powder particles don't end up embedded in the cream product like sometimes happens with palettes with mixed products including powder and gels/creams. I hate that I will now have 3 palettes with Carbon e/s, but what can you do?

Mac-Guy

Good choice. The holiday palettes are likely to end up in CCO's, though I am not sure if CR will be available there.

shellygrrl

Staff member
I just got it this past weekend. My first high(er)-end curler after using inexpensive ones after several years. I like it, but I wish it could open just a little bit wider.

erine1881

I just got it this past weekend. My first high(er)-end curler after using inexpensive ones after several years. I like it, but I wish it could open just a little bit wider.
I noticed that too. It doesn't open as wide as the silver mac curler.

smokeyrose

I got it too, my first eyelash curler. Now I am wondering if I should have gotten the silver or the half lash one instead? It's very tricky to use for me,quite a hassle to get all the lashes in the small
opening while keeping the curler close to the lid... but I have to say that the curl it gives is wonderful, makes me wish I tried lash curlers sooner!