MAC X Guo Pei Collection (Sep 24 / October 1, 2015)

beauteblogueur

Finally, swatches! I'm getting all fluidlines, and I want a lipstick so I guess it's Brave Red since I can't bring myself to pay $30 for a lustre.

I'd like a compact, but I think the beauty powder might be a touch too dark for me to use all over/as a highlight. The quads look surprisingly nice, but $70 is just too much for a MAC quad, I'd rather spend a few extra bucks and get a Tom Ford quad. I guess I'll get a blush, they both look pretty.

I wish the price points were just a bit lower, I'd buy considerably more.

Psych1

Are they just trying to price people out bc it's super limited or what? Or is it just bc of the packaging that the prices are so ridiculous. The prices are just so inflated.

VAL4M

right now based on T swatch
Red Water Lily blush
Brave Red Lipstick
Morning light eyeshadow quad

I might just go for the blush for the packaging and call it a day! but it need to be hefty I do not want a flimsy plastic case!

LauraLara

I really like the two blushes, and I'd like to get a lipstick for the packaging, but I bought some of those Louboutin lippies and I really don't deserve any more fancy lipsticks right now. I like the eyeshadows too, mostly the bright blue and Waking Dawn from the other one. But I don't end up using my eyeshadow palettes that often from other collections, so I want to narrow it down to one. But I'm pretty sure the blushes are coming home with me.

GreenEyedAllie

Are they just trying to price people out bc it's super limited or what? Or is it just bc of the packaging that the prices are so ridiculous. The prices are just so inflated.
Makes it 'exclusive' thus better and more desirable. I predict it sells well and fast. Also, couture fashion designers would not prefer to be tied to lower price points, even as just collaborators.

Vineetha

It is this year's couture collection!! The pricing is usually higher and stock limited with couture collections!! Last year the collab was with prabal gurung!! Though the lipsticks sold out online soon after the launch (as did the compacts), all 3 are available at my local CCO now!! I haven't seen the compacts though!

LauraLara

I'm watching Karen's review, so funny how I'm not the only one dealing with cat hair on everything.

It looks like the warm-toned eye quad is DEFINITELY something I'd wear more, I have green eyes so I really don't wear blue eyeshadow... But I already have amber lights and the other colors are dupable. So idk. Maybe I can skip the eye quads? And I'm not really that into any of the lipsticks and the fact that the designs are fabric scares me. I'm a messy person with powders and creams flying everywhere. The only reason right now that I might get more than the two blushes is because this one is LE and super fancy so if I don't get what I want when it launches, I might never have the chance... But that's not really a good reason to get something right?

Howards End

I still can't get over Brave Red is in the perm line! Why not introduce a new lipstick for a couture collection?! Zenith reminds me of nude Lustres I already have (Myself, Tropical Mist). It will sell out in minutes lol

Psych1

Makes it 'exclusive' thus better and more desirable. I predict it sells well and fast. Also, couture fashion designers would not prefer to be tied to lower price points, even as just collaborators.
Good points! Totally agree, I see it going super fast as well. Even with all the mixed reviews & grumbling about pricing & boring shades, etc. I'm guessing it's going to disappear quicker than probably BBW & Cinderella.

Psych1

It is this year's couture collection!! The pricing is usually higher and stock limited with couture collections!! Last year the collab was with prabal gurung!! Though the lipsticks sold out online soon after the launch (as did the compacts), all 3 are available at my local CCO now!! I haven't seen the compacts though!
Ah-hah, so the couture ones are always pricey. The Prabal lipsticks are available at your CCO!? Those things are so pretty. I was ignoring mac last year & totally missed that collection. Did you get anything from Prabal?

Vineetha

Did you get anything from Prabal?
Just one lipstick!! There were no blushes to tempt me
girlhaha.gif

hitchcockblonde

Glad to see swatches of the blushes and lipsticks but I'm skipping all of them. Just the beauty powder for me! And @Vineetha I'm jealous of your CCO, mine is terrible. They only have the lipglosses from Prabal. That's why I never rely on them. I was hoping to get a back up of LER from that collection but I didn't want to pay another $30 for it.

Kaidan

From Temptalia. This actually made me do a 180 and want a lot of it!!! The swatches are so pretty! So expensive...and for MAC...eesh
Everything looks great!
crybaby.gif

I still want the two blushes and the blue fluidline, but everything is so expensive. The eye shadow quads look amazing too but I want the UD ones more.

CrimsonQuill157

Hmm, I'm not sure the BP will be fair enough for me. I do really love the blushes though. I think it'll just be the blushes for me.

MRV

Sigh, a lot of the swatches look good, but I'm not sure this is happening. I like one of the Fluidlines, but it does not have the packaging really.

Marsha Pomells

Sigh, a lot of the swatches look good, but I'm not sure this is happening. I like one of the Fluidlines, but it does not have the packaging really.
I wanted all of the fluidlines, but they are what I have already... Maybe a tad different with gold lids. So I'm happy to :fluffy:

Rinstar

After seeing T's swatches,
fluffy.gif

I'm sad because I love the packaging! When you all get your stuff, take pretty pics of the packaging so I can drool!

Honi

For once some of the danish/swedish prices isnt ridiculously overinflated in comparison to the US prices. The beauty powder will be 76 dollars, compared to 70. The palettes on the other hand will be around 95, compared to 70. Fluidlines, 24 compared to 17.50. It's releasing as an online only exclusive for Sweden on the 30th of september but will also release on the Copenhagen Mac Pro store and the Mac Oslo City store.