MAC X Guo Pei Collection (Sep 24 / October 1, 2015)

Vineetha

What are your thoughts? I thought I wanted Lotus Blossom, but the full-face look is doing nothing for me.
I like!! The shades are pretty !! Lotus blossom looks good on her even though she has two different blushes on either cheeks :haha: !! I think lotus blossom will read slightly cool toned on me so i am going with red water lily even though it looks a tad too pigmented!! :amused:

MissTania

The blushes look really pretty, as does the beauty powder
sigh.gif

ARmakeupjunkie

I had not planned to buy anything from this collection. Now I want both quads, a blush, and two fluidlines. Must be strong and say no!

CrimsonQuill157

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-x-guo-pei-lotus-blossom-red-water-lily-blushes-reviews-photos-swatches
I love both blushes but I'll probably only get one, so it looks like Lotus Blossom is it. Red Water Lily stood out a lot on T, I'd probably look like a clown with it on.

lilinah

First, it's crazy expensive because it's a couturier collection. I think the packaging is gorgeous. And remember, you're not just paying for the product, but also for the beautiful designer re-usable packaging. That said, the only product I like is the beauty powder, and as much as I'd love to have that compact, the last 3 months have been financially difficult, so I'm skipping.

lilinah

Oooo, after seeing the swatches, I really love the Sweet Vapors eye shadow compact. But not for $70 smackeronies.

nt234

I wish the nude lipstick had a different formula...welp. I only have one of the blushes on my list (not sure which one yet), but it looks like the online release will be a nightmare since the collection is so exclusive.
ohboy.gif

GreenEyedAllie

I wish the nude lipstick had a different formula...welp. I only have one of the blushes on my list (not sure which one yet), but it looks like the online release will be a nightmare since the collection is so exclusive. :eek:hboy:
This alone kinda makes me want to skip, especially with new site. Hopefully, the price tags will mitigate the flood some.

beauteblogueur

She always purposely puts blush on really heavy when she does reviews so people can see the color.
I know a lot of people knock T's make-up application skills, but things like this are why I find her reviews helpful. I like to really see the colour and the finish on the skin, and a light application can only really show how the colour and finish appear on the reviewers face. Heavy application gives me a much better idea of how the colour will pull on my skintone, whether it will draw attention to or blur my large pores etc.

With eye make-up, yes a lot of her looks aren't very good, but because of the way she barely blends you can see how each individual shade looks on the eyelid. Other reviewers will mention a product is patchy or creases or barely shows up, but then they use a whole lot of other products and spend a lot of time on a look, and the product looks great on them. It makes for pretty pictures, but it's useless for judging how a product really performs without a ton of work. I want to see how it actually looks if you just put it on, not how it looks with a very carefully selected base, other shadows applied over it and 5 minutes of blending. I may be willing to put that kind of effort into making a subpar product work if it's unique in some way, but I've seen some bloggers go to great efforts to make a poor quality basic taupe look much better than it is.

I'm not looking to her for make-up tutorials and I don't think she's aimed to provide them in a long time.

MRV

For once some of the danish/swedish prices isnt ridiculously overinflated in comparison to the US prices. The beauty powder will be 76 dollars, compared to 70. The palettes on the other hand will be around 95, compared to 70. Fluidlines, 24 compared to 17.50. It's releasing as an online only exclusive for Sweden on the 30th of september but will also release on the Copenhagen Mac Pro store and the Mac Oslo City store.
Honi, do you usually have any info about releases at Kastrup? I might go there and the city later this year.

Honi

Honi, do you usually have any info about releases at Kastrup? I might go there and the city later this year.
I get info for Norway, Denmark and Sweden so yes! Let me know what you need to know and I'll find out for you