MAC X Guo Pei Collection (Sep 24 / October 1, 2015)

TwiggyPop

Oh great, I have FF and CTH so I don't need this one either. I'm going through the collection and pics to see what I should get if anything.
The only thing I got was Red Water Lily blush and I'm happy with that. I had a feeling I wasn't going to go too crazy on this collection.

montREALady

The only thing I got was Red Water Lily blush and I'm happy with that. I had a feeling I wasn't going to go too crazy on this collection.
I want something for packaging and as usual I gravitate towards the lippies...nothing exciting there. Thinking about Pale Moon or BPB glass or Brave Red lipstick. I'll wait to check it out in store to see if anything jumps out at me. That blush is pretty.

TwiggyPop

I want something for packaging and as usual I gravitate towards the lippies...nothing exciting there. Thinking about Pale Moon or BPB glass or Brave Red lipstick. I'll wait to check it out in store to see if anything jumps out at me. That blush is pretty.
I have way too many lippies, I had to reel myself in. Haha

jennyap

My goodies arrived today - I have erect compacts! Lol Haven't swatched yet, I don't want to mess up the pretty. They are beautiful.
c1f7065f_image.jpeg
a232f327_image.jpeg

squirtlesquad54

Finally got around to trying Lotus Blosson and Ethereal Orchid :love: both are beautiful colors! Lotus Blossom goes on really soft and reminds me of Pink Tea and Ethereal Orchid is really pretty and goes on super creamy. I was more interested in Zenith and Red Water Lily, so these two are a nice surprise!
94fccd7c_image.jpeg

Icecaramellatte

I stopped reading this thread when I figured I wasn't getting anything. I saw the collection in store today and was surprised they still had stuff. I got the warm palette and the Palm Tree fluid line. I thought Palm Tree was green but now that I'm reading the color story, it says it is charcoal. I don't know now. I'll try it again later but in the store it read green to me. I liked one of the lipsticks so maybe it will hang around awhile. I didn't try any other products but now I kind of wish I had. I was surprised at how large the powder compact was. That's good and bad. Nice to have more product but didn't look like a compact I'd want to throw in the bag. I didn't try it since it looked very light.

GreenEyedAllie

I've been tempted by the Morning Light palette, but I've been able to skip so far.
I got it, and I am loving, loving it. Easy to use, the colors work beautifully, and the looks I made with it are very pretty. My issue is the price. I don't necessarily think it's worth the hike, but I really like it, and I think the packaging is lovely, so for me, it's a keeper. I'm sending back LB blush, so this will be the only compact I have from this collection.

Psych1

4d9c06ec_image.jpeg
Here are my goodies. I'm still curious about Lotus blush, but I doubt I'm going to order anything else from this collection. Way too much going on in the world of makeup right now to throw anymore money at this collection. But I'm happy with what I got & thankfully my compacts are erect lol

elegant-one

Here are my goodies. I'm still curious about Lotus blush, but I doubt I'm going to order anything else from this collection. Way too much going on in the world of makeup right now to throw anymore money at this collection. But I'm happy with what I got & thankfully my compacts are erect lol
These will all look so pretty on you! The blushes are so lovely on.

beauteblogueur

It's up on the Australian site. The prices are insane, literally $1-2 less than the equivalent Tom Ford product. $67 for a lipstick! I knew it would be pricey here, but that's just crazy.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I'm happy to report an erect beauty powder. It does tip over if I move it around a little, but at least it's stiffer than my previous one.
oh.gif

Ingenue

Beauty Powder Report: It's not ashy so much as 'light reflecting.' It reminds me a lot of a History of Whoo Powder that I've had for eons, that you have to use with a VERY light touch. It's also not flat on me. I've been using it as a highlight powder.. and it works out really well. On my whole face it sends back epic flashback... I look like an ashy vampire.
lol.gif
But as a highlight powder it does beautifully (cheekbones/between brows/browbone/nose/chin).

MissTania

It's up on the Australian site. The prices are insane, literally $1-2 less than the equivalent Tom Ford product. $67 for a lipstick! I knew it would be pricey here, but that's just crazy.
Funnily enough, the Beauty Powder works out cheaper if ordered from our site due to the conversion rate! The blushes I bought from MAC US were cheaper at least!

lumaday

Beauty Powder Report: It's not ashy so much as 'light reflecting.' It reminds me a lot of a History of Whoo Powder that I've had for eons, that you have to use with a VERY light touch. It's also not flat on me. I've been using it as a highlight powder.. and it works out really well. On my whole face it sends back epic flashback... I look like an ashy vampire.
lol.gif
But as a highlight powder it does beautifully (cheekbones/between brows/browbone/nose/chin).
Thanks - I've been wondering about it and I think I'm going to pass. I'm not huge on highlighting so I was hoping it was more of a total face powder! I'm glad you found a good way to use it :)