MAC X Guo Pei Collection (Sep 24 / October 1, 2015)

VioletSparkles

So I opened my BP today and I am happy to report that I too received a compact that is capable of remaining erect.
girlhaha.gif
I was pretty apprehensive about it after all of the reports of lids flopping over, so I was relieved that mine had no such problem. I know it would have bothered me if it hadn't been perfect with such a hefty price tag. It's very strange that it seems half of the compacts are limp and half are stiff (lol Sorry, but I couldn't help but phrase it that way).
amuse.gif
I hope MAC makes it right for those of you with faulty items. For this much money these babies had better be flawless!

pbpink

So I opened my BP today and I am happy to report that I too received a compact that is capable of remaining erect.  :haha:   I was pretty apprehensive about it after all of the reports of lids flopping over, so I was relieved that mine had no such problem.  I know it would have bothered me if it hadn't been perfect with such a hefty price tag.  It's very strange that it seems half of the compacts are limp and half are stiff (lol Sorry, but I couldn't help but phrase it that way). :amused:   I hope MAC makes it right for those of you with faulty items.  For this much money these babies had better be flawless! 
thank goodness! phew! I rec'd a limpy! I ordered both blushes and could tell right away the spring was off on one of them - out of the box it popped right open when I pulled it out of the cardboard box and will not close properly b/c of a faulty hinge...just saw your post in my email and had no clue it happened to others too, such a shame as both blushes swatched amazing...

ahoythere

Can anyone with Lotus Blossom do comparison swatches with anything remotely similar please!?!?! I'm hoping it's more pigmented/saturated (less white in the mix) than Well dressed or similar baby pinks. The finger swatches are looking really pastel but I'm wondering if on the cheeks it has more depth.....

GreenEyedAllie

I'm hoping it's more pigmented/saturated (less white in the mix) than Well dressed or similar baby pinks. The finger swatches are looking really pastel but I'm wondering if on the cheeks it has more depth.....
I think this one is very dependent on skin tone. Several ladies have swatched on here, and it looks baby pink (similar to Karen's swatch on MUBB). On Christine from Temptalia and me it runs pretty darn warm and not baby pink/pastel at all. Sad for me because I wanted baby pink and weird because I'm pretty neutral and do not tend to have things run crazily either way on me (though I do lean warm if I lean at all). We are having CONSTANT rain here, so all my pics would not be very representative.

montREALady

OMG is that material on the gloss applicator?! I need one! Let me see which one. Anyone think these will seriously be at a CCO eventually? I honestly have not been keeping up with the thread since I said from the beginning that I wasn't spending all that money and nothing really piqued my interest. I didn't want to be tempted, but here comes @elegant-one up to her shenanigans again!
icon_bump.gif

Kaidan

Blue Fountain fluidline is BEAUTIFUL!
heart.gif
It's darker and less green than Blue Peep. It's worth it! I can't wait to order Lotus Blossom and Darkness of Calm tomorrow (I have to wait till I get paid, boo), and maybe Red Water Lily.

elegant-one

OMG is that material on the gloss applicator?! I need one! Let me see which one. Anyone think these will seriously be at a CCO eventually? I honestly have not been keeping up with the thread since I said from the beginning that I wasn't spending all that money and nothing really piqued my interest. I didn't want to be tempted, but here comes @elegant-one up to her shenanigans again!
icon_bump.gif

Yes, it's kind of fabric & see how its stitched on the side.
lmao.gif
bouquet.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by SassyWonder

I agree!
girlhaha.gif
friends.gif

violetta

So I opened my BP today and I am happy to report that I too received a compact that is capable of remaining erect.
girlhaha.gif
I was pretty apprehensive about it after all of the reports of lids flopping over, so I was relieved that mine had no such problem. I know it would have bothered me if it hadn't been perfect with such a hefty price tag. It's very strange that it seems half of the compacts are limp and half are stiff (lol Sorry, but I couldn't help but phrase it that way).
amuse.gif
I hope MAC makes it right for those of you with faulty items. For this much money these babies had better be flawless!

Quote: Originally Posted by pbpink

thank goodness! phew!

I rec'd a limpy!

I ordered both blushes and could tell right away the spring was off on one of them - out of the box it popped right open when I pulled it out of the cardboard box and will not close properly b/c of a faulty hinge...just saw your post in my email and had no clue it happened to others too, such a shame as both blushes swatched amazing...
I received my beauty powder yesterday and my compact is suffering from “limpy lid disfunction” as well. I think I am going to return for an exchange.
I also noticed the upper right corner of the fabric is slightly frayed
sigh.gif

montREALady

Blue Fountain fluidline is BEAUTIFUL!
heart.gif
It's darker and less green than Blue Peep. It's worth it! I can't wait to order Lotus Blossom and Darkness of Calm tomorrow (I have to wait till I get paid, boo), and maybe Red Water Lily.
I was looking at that one online! Looks pretty. Blue Peep had green tones?? Didn't realize that.

montREALady

Thank you! I was still going back and forth on EO, but I already have Nippon and Fashion Force so I can definitely skip it. Phew!! That $30 is going towards my Sephora haul coming up. Haha
Oh great, I have FF and CTH so I don't need this one either. I'm going through the collection and pics to see what I should get if anything.