MAC X Guo Pei Collection (Sep 24 / October 1, 2015)

hitchcockblonde

I think the mirrors not standing up is a flaw. In T's sneak peak all the compacts have mirrors that stand up and I've seen plenty of pictures on Instagram that show them both flat and standing up. The fact that some are one way and others are another way seems like a flaw to me. Especially for the cost of these items. It's fine that it doesn't bother most people but it bothers me. http://www.temptalia.com/sneak-peek-mac-x-guo-pei-collection-photos-swatches

squirtlesquad54

My compacts all stand up and the lids stay put when I open them. I would call cs about it because I know it would bother me if they didn't.
83b2d6dc_image.jpeg

TwiggyPop

Hmmm....seeing the hinge issue on the compacts is making me feel like removing Red Water Lily from my bag.
I have Red Water Lily and my mirror stands up. If I knew that most compacts had a limp mirror I probably wouldn't have ordered. I guess I got lucky. Haha. I got lucky with an erect compact.

shizzelly

I got the Night Sky quad and mine stands up! The packaging is even more beautiful in person and personally it would drive me nuts if mine kept falling over like that.
th_crazy.gif

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Hm, I'll order another one to see if that one's different. Maybe we got a bad batch here in Germany, lol.
No need to call with CS here, as they are pretty much useless and won't do a thing about. They're not as helpful as in the US.

NaomiH

I have Red Water Lily and my mirror stands up. If I knew that most compacts had a limp mirror I probably wouldn't have ordered. I guess I got lucky. Haha. I got lucky with an erect compact.
Hmmm....I might still order and play this game of compact roulette.

lumaday

so it might be a chance that it actually is only around 3 grams? the typo is either on their site or their packaging for the blush

anyways, does anyone know a similar light pink blush like lotus blossom in the permanent range? :)
I think it is. Compared to a full sized MAC blush the pan is 3/4 or less the size and the compact isn't all that tall so I don't see how they could hide 6 grams in that little area.

For this being a special collection I would think they could get the size right on both the website and the packaging, ha!

I don't know anything similar to LB in MAC but I do think it's very similar on the skin to Tarte Dollface blush, if you like Tarte products (personally I love their clay blushes!). Dollface is just a bit cooler IMO. Temptalia lists MAC Modest blush as a 95% dupe.

lumaday

on the swedish mac site it says that it only contains 3.2 grams
The websites say 3.2 grams but the box and the compact itself says 6 grams, so it's hard to know which is true...

EDIT:

I called CS and he could not verify whether it is 3.2 grams or 6 grams. He said maybe the whole compact including the blush is 6 grams and that's why it says that on the box and compact. He said someone will call me back in 24 hours with an answer, so we'll see.

EDIT again:

They are 6 grams, they called me back today and confirmed!

CrimsonQuill157

The websites say 3.2 grams but the box and the compact itself says 6 grams, so it's hard to know which is true...

EDIT:

I called CS and he could not verify whether it is 3.2 grams or 6 grams. He said maybe the whole compact including the blush is 6 grams and that's why it says that on the box and compact. He said someone will call me back in 24 hours with an answer, so we'll see. I think 3.2 is right.

I have Red Water Lily getting delivered tomorrow, and it's going straight back unfortunately. I wish these were full sized as they are very pretty blushes.
If that is the case, that seems really damn shady on MAC's part.

elegant-one

eh, I don't really care about the size or the lids
amuse.gif
They have to pay for the designer stuff. I'm really happy with the shades & the beautiful packaging
flower.gif